Code of Conduct

Default Pascal Morabito Or Black

My first time wearing it today, thanks to a decant from Setamp. If you like '80's scents like Paco Rabanne and you like incense notes, this is it. You get the nice combintion of animal and soapy notes, along with some intense incense notes, all of it lying close to your skin. An exotic you can wear anywhere.

GnuGnuAntiloop

Default Re: Pascal Morabito Or Black

Oh yes, I got a decant of this from Setamp too (thx again pal!!!) and oh my Gosh, I love it! To my nose it doesn't smell very 80's, which is only a good thing IMHO. Aigner Black has the same fantastic leather note going one - just wonder if they copied it from this Morabito's scent???

BTW, the 100ml's bottle of Or Black is fabulous! Check it out:
    http://www.marionnaud.fr/commun/bout...iptionid=12576

-Tero-

Default Pascal Morabito Or Black

I've been curious about this scent. Has anyone had any experience with this? What's it like?

Thumbs up Re: Pascal Morabito Or Black

Hi, I'm an entusiastic user of this fragrance. I've found a 100 ml bottle at Euro 10 in a small perfume shop in my town. I don't know exactly if this scent is discontinued.

It is a beautiful and elegant macho leather scent with spices (pepper and cistus) and a beautiful mossy-ambery drydown. It isn't a very loud scent and it isn't very long lasting (but for me 4 hours are enough). It is smooth and sexy, but has also a barbershop quality, which makes it so to say "familiar" (shaved daddy) and at the same time "dark" (handsome calabrian bandit, who is also by the way cousin of Marylin Monroe, acc. to Luca Turin). I think it is especially suitable for fall and winter days and for evening wear.

Luca Turin says also that it is a "natural smelling scent", but I don't understand if he means that this scent has natural ingredients in it. Anyway, it is never disturbing or cloying. So, noone will ask you "what are you wearing?" but more probably you will get some compliments...

The bottle is on the border with kitsch, but also "manly".

An excellent perfume. Hugs. W

Thanks for the description! BTW, it's definitely not discontinued - it can be bought directly from them on their website and they'll ship worldwide. Though speaking French would definitely help with navigating the site!

I read an enthusiastic mini review of this one yesterday and also got curious. I might take chances on the 50ml bottle and sell it if it isn't to my liking.

Or Black is some truly killer shit. Nothing else like it.

-
    Last edited by pluran; 1st November 2009 at 04:26 AM. Reason: distance

Or Black is smoother, softer than Antaeus, especially compared to the original version of Antaeus, which was very strong, sharp and extremely long lasting.

I've layered Or Black with Antaeus (both versions) and the result was amazing. The two fragrances enhanced each the other, perhaps too much, I could smell the mix even after 2 days.

The current version of Antaeus, which is softer and short lived compared to the original version, has more similarities to Or Black, but anyway I prefer Or Black.

I can easily compare the 2 version of Antaeus because I have a vintage bottle from 1982 (I was young) and a sample of the current version, which is not really so interesting.

The difference is especially in the drydown: Or Black is sweet-ambery and velvety. Antaeus is sharper.

Hope this help. W

Last edited by pluran; 16th October 2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spruce

Excellent, excellent jus.

Anymore thoughts or opinions on this one? Sounds like something I'd like, but I'm worried it might be too 80's for me.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 21st September 2008 at 02:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Anymore thoughts or opinions on this one? Sounds like something I'd like, but I'm worried it might be too 80's for me.
    Nima,
    Yatagan and Antaeus have been my favorite leathers for a while. Or Black is giving them a run for their money now. If you think Antaeus and Knize Ten are dated, then Morabito might not be your cup of tea. Regardless, every leather lover owes it to himself to atleast give this baby a try!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962