Code of Conduct

Default Goin' shopping tonight, 2 to choose from

My mind is set for either Dolce & Gabbana Homme, or Gucci Envy. Maybe both.

Which would you choose, and why?

Slinger

Default Re: Goin' shopping tonight, 2 to choose from

Depends on what you're going to use them for. I think both are great but D&G is more of a daytime/casual scent to me ... and Envy is more of a nighttime or cool weather scent.

Just my opinion ...

These two were debated a short time back and Envy won out. I much prefer D&G, though, because it is TONS more versatile and will get a lot more compliments from my own experiences with the two. They are both really good fragrances and I will continue to wear both and would suggest you buy both---always test before you buy though.

D&G has more sillage and will turn heads. I use it for clubbing sometimes. Envy is more of a romantic scent IMO and stays rather close to the skin on me. I personally like Envy more because of the memories I have linked with it. But I sure had some fun times with D&G. I would eventually get both if I were you.

LOL! Searching for commentary on D&G; I came upon a discussion based upon my very same question! LOL, great minds, they think alike.

I'm going with Envy, I had it before and never really wore it more than a few times (being a blue-collar guy, expensive fragrance doesn't really tie into my everyday goings-on, trying to fix that however) , and I ended up accidentally breaking it on my bathroom floor. Damn.

I am about to re-discover Gucci Envy.

Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger
    LOL! *Searching for commentary on D&G; I came upon a discussion based upon my very same question! *LOL, great minds, they think alike.

I'm going with Envy, I had it before and never really wore it more than a few times (being a blue-collar guy, expensive fragrance doesn't really tie into my everyday goings-on, trying to fix that however) , and I ended up accidentally breaking it on my bathroom floor. *Damn.

I am about to re-discover Gucci Envy.

Slinger
    And i'm going to discover D&G! Last time i tried, it smelled awfully astringent and synthetic, but the amount of praise it gets, from basenotes no less, is surprising. I may need to vary my method of application next time round to see what i'm missing.

I dislike both so, I am sorry, I cannot recommend either one.

Good choice! Envy is superb, but there is a caveat. As this is one of *the* most robust fragrances, in terms of strength and longevity, be sure you're easy on the trigger finger. Having said that, this is one of the best evening / romantic night out fragrances there is.

#

Well, I got Envy!

Haven't had opportunity to try it out yet, but I took an index card and sprayed it with Envy. This was last night, about 1:00 AM.

At 3:00 PM today it is still smelling great! I haven't the greatest nose, but I could make out cedarwood (and little else) in the Envy after 14 hours. I love cedar. Very sexy, romantic scent.

Thanks Basenoters, for steering me back towards an old friend!

Slinger