Code of Conduct

Default Details Fragrance Article

The latest issue of Details magazine (September, with Matthew Fox on the cover) has a two page article on helping guys get over their fear of wearing scents. Well, I just about fell out of my chair reading it, especially the one guy who swore off scents after going to a frat party in college and everybody was wearing the same thing... he said it was overwhelming.

The magazine also had a test-strip for Polo Black. Well, it's hard to know what they were thinking when they were formulating this one. Smells an awful lot like many others out there, yet, there is this "weird" note in their that keeps me going back to the strip. It's like they weren't sure if they were wanting to be really risky, or play it safe, and it just comes off as confusing, and even worse, something of a clone of a lot of other stuff. When will somebody take my pipe-tobacco musings and run with it... Not Tabarome or New Tabarome, but rich, complex pipe tobacco smell with hints of cherry or vanilla... something rich, complex, dark... manly... That's what a "Black" label cologne should smell like.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Default Re: Details Fragrance Article

agree with your assessment on polo black...i smelled it in some magazine also (i think it was vogue)...while overall there was nothing extravagant or mesmerizing about it...right towards the end of the sniff a lil something would impress me. but yeah, for something being sold on the title Polo Black, it's quite a misnomer.

Default Re: Details Fragrance Article

When will somebody take my pipe-tobacco musings and run with it... Not Tabarome or New Tabarome, but rich, complex pipe tobacco smell with hints of cherry or vanilla...
    Take L'Artisan Tea For Two and add a touch of heliotropin.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.