Code of Conduct

Thread: Curve for men

Default Curve for men

I really looking to buy this because of all postive reviews, just need ask some questions:]

How long does it last?
    How similar is it to GiT, like what part of GiT does it smell like?
    Have people had hadaches from it?
    This is very rare in the UK, does anyone from london know which store sells it?

Thanks!
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: Curve for men

Anyone?
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5

Personally I think only the top notes of GIT resemble Curve. The drydown of GIT is more like Coolwater. GIT is better than both of them of course. Curve doesn't seem to last very long on my skin due to the fact that my sweat is very acidic, but it is quite strong for the first hour. I've received a few compliments from teenage girls while wearing this but it's a very commonly worn scent where I live. I don't know of any stores that would sell it in your location but shop around online. It's very inexpensive and if it's not popular in your city then you'll stand out.

Nice scent IMHO, but short lived. I have to compare this with GIT.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Blog Entries

I agree that GIT smells more like Cool Water than Curve. But Curve is my FAVORITE of the "cheapies". It's easy to get online (you can get it on ebay VERY cheap). I absolutely adore the sandalwood & amber Curve leaves me w/. I think it lasts fairly well too, about 5 or 6 hours on me. I'd definitely suggest giving it a try, and if you don't like it you could always swap it out here.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Ok, but, Is it citric like CKONE? Is it aquatic like Acqua di Gió? How does it smell like anyway? [smiley=cool.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Ok, but, Is it citric like CKONE? Is it aquatic like Acqua di Gió? How does it smell like anyway? [smiley=cool.gif]

No, it more leafy/green richness if you want an image. Sort of very nice fresh smelling leaves and plants suspended in rich oils. As for the GIT comparison, well GIT has a superb verbena/violet opening - there might be some people who might associate Curve green/leafiness and GIT's verbena/violet. So, in a very broad sense they are can be considered same (green openings) otherwise the smells are quite different.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I get some sandalwood from Curve, It's kinda sharp with bitter undertones to my nose.
    I'm searching for a sample of GIT but can't get it cheap anywhere.
    Curve crush is a nice variant on curve, with just some fresh topnotes added.
    People in Europe seem to crave for these ubiquitous U.S. Lauder & Claiborne scents,
    I find them rather blah !! Hey did anyone notice, Claiborne Spark sells for dirt cheap these days ?

Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham City
    People in Europe seem to crave for these ubiquitous U.S. Lauder & Claiborne scents,
    I find them rather blah !!
    Gotham
    I noticed this also while we Americans crave European scents. Ironic huh? Claiborne isn't really my cup of tea but if you like these scents, then you absolutely have to try out Claiborne Sport. Personally I think it's better than all the Curves and it is also overlooked so it's not popular. It's one of my favorite fresh/soapy scents.

And don't forget the original Clairborne Pour Homme!!!

Hmmm...not that I'm trying to be a stickler (I apologize if it seems so), but I believe Milamber is referring to the original Claiborne for Men. Can't miss it....frosted cylinder bottle with a rubber "beer-can-coozy" sorta thing flanking the bottom half. Topped with a red cube for a cap. Dated scent....but I love it!!

I think that Milamber and I are two of a few on the Board who openly and shamelessly love this 1989 launch. Still....STILL...reminds me of ginger ale!!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by duxoop772
    I think that Milamber and I are two of a few on the Board who openly and shamelessly love this 1989 launch. *Still....STILL...reminds me of ginger ale!!! *[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
    I SHAMEFULLY love this one especially since i find Burberry London and Pasha to be sour spices, how could i fall for this one!!! Yup, must be the ginger ale accord! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=Gotham City link=1123660407/0#7 date=1123707129]People in Europe seem to crave for these ubiquitous U.S. Lauder & Claiborne scents,
    I find them rather blah !!
    Gotham
    I noticed this also while we Americans crave European scents. Ironic huh? Claiborne isn't really my cup of tea but if you like these scents, then you absolutely have to try out Claiborne Sport. Personally I think it's better than all the Curves and it is also overlooked so it's not popular. It's one of my favorite fresh/soapy scents.[/quote]

I admit I like almost every scent by Claiborne, even Candies, mostly because they are impossible to find anywhere except US. And they don't smell generic to me. They are OK. Not GREAT, but quite alright.

Got my Curve today after 2 weeks of ordering, and i gota say its nothing special and i dont see all the hype americans make out of it, and it smells NOTHING like GiT i dont get how people compare it, CW i understand but Curve NOTHING not even a bit.

Top 5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    Got my Curve today after 2 weeks of ordering, and i gota say its nothing special and i dont see all the hype americans make out of it, and it smells NOTHING like GiT i dont get how people compare it, CW i understand but Curve NOTHING not even a bit.
    I agree, I don't think it smells like GIT either. Personally, I love Curve. It's a great cheapie in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    [quote author=Incedal link=1123660407/0#13 date=1125055352]Got my Curve today after 2 weeks of ordering, and i gota say its nothing special and i dont see all the hype americans make out of it, and it smells NOTHING like GiT i dont get how people compare it, CW i understand but Curve NOTHING not even a bit.
    I agree, I don't think it smells like GIT either. *Personally, I love Curve. *It's a great cheapie in my book.[/quote]

Wore it for the day and I like it, I had people keep on sniffin me because nobody wears Curve in England as its not available here.

I really like the dry down, also it reminds me of another scent but I just can't put my finger on which one.

Top 5

pour homme = for men

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    [quote author=CologneJunkie link=1123660407/0#14 date=1125075809][quote author=Incedal link=1123660407/0#13 date=1125055352]Got my Curve today after 2 weeks of ordering, and i gota say its nothing special and i dont see all the hype americans make out of it, and it smells NOTHING like GiT i dont get how people compare it, CW i understand but Curve NOTHING not even a bit.
    I agree, I don't think it smells like GIT either. *Personally, I love Curve. *It's a great cheapie in my book.[/quote]

Wore it for the day and I like it, I had people keep on sniffin me because nobody wears Curve in England as its not available here.

I really like the dry down, also it reminds me of another scent but I just can't put my finger on which one.[/quote]

I'm in England and I own Curve too. Bought it as part of a 4 peice 'American gallary set' with Mambo, Lucky You and Candies, for under 10 pounds, all also produces by Claibourne Company. Suprisingly Curve was my least favourite, given the rave reviews so often heard about it. All the other three were much better, Curve was very faint on me and nothing especially unique or interesting about it. I guess there is some kudos though to be had from wearing these scents here that virtually nobody else has ever heard of or smelt, unless of course you bump into any Americans who no doubt think you are dreadfully common and unimaginative in your choice of scent!

Out of curiousity, what are the overly common scents in England? We probably consider them rare jewels here in America.

Joop Homme is consistently the number one best seller here...not suprised either, common as muck, sweet sickly, smelt everywhere on a friday night. I guess Le Male also falls into that catogory..very over used, But I personaly still love it..popular for a reason in my book.

I'd like to think that Curve is like a Big Mac...doesn't really fill you up but it does taste good!! [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo
    Joop Homme is consistently the number one best seller here...not suprised either, common as muck, sweet sickly, smelt everywhere on a friday night. I guess Le Male also falls into that catogory..very over used, But I personaly still love it..popular for a reason in my book.
    Damm it i hate Joop, not only because everyone wears it, it actually smells terrible also AdG and lately its been Armani Black Code i smell it everywhere

Top 5

Yeah I'll second that, Armani Black Code is absolutely everywhere here in U.K at moment, amongst a certain type of fragrance wearer it's evidently the new 'Joop'!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    I'd like to think that Curve is like a Big Mac...doesn't really fill you up but it does taste good!! *[smiley=cheesy.gif]
    Great analogy!