Code of Conduct

Default James Bond perfume reference

Anyone know of the perfume that James Bond (George Lazenby) mentions as he sniffs Tracy's wrist in the movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service?"

I couldn't quite make out which perfume he mentioned, but it sounded sort of like g'bleu, after which Tracy says "So, you know your perfumes. What else do you know?"

I'm quite curious...

Cheers,

#

Default Re: James Bond perfume reference

L'Heure Bleu, maybe?

Could it be "L'Heure Bleue"? It's been a while since I've seen OHMSS, but that sounds like it might fit...

Hey! Someone beat me to it! [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Ok, I recorded the audio clip from DVD (I'm such a geek). You can get it **here** (it's in .mp3 format).

Man, this is like trying to decode a distant radio transmission from outer space! [smiley=undecided.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Octo--

I just dl'ed your MP3, and it's ***definitely** L'Heure Bleue. I heard it clear as a bell.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I second or third that it is "L'heure Bleue"
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    Octo--

I just dl'ed your MP3, and it's ***definitely** L'Heure Bleue. I heard it clear as a bell.
    It wasn't how I expected L'Heure Bleue to be pronounced, but I believe you!!

Thanks!

Phoenix wins a mythical $5000 for being the first to guess it!

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=Scentsei link=1123649521/0#5 date=1123683517]Octo--

Phoenix wins a mythical $5000 for being the first to guess it! *
    Oh, I'm not THAT greedy, I'll settle for a bottle of Amouage Gold! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe

It wasn't how I expected L'Heure Bleue to be pronounced, but I believe you!!
    No kidding. I thought he had an involuntary belch in the middle of his sentence [smiley=grin.gif]
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I wasn't sure if L'Heure Bleue was a real fragrance or not (I've never heard of it). But I just looked it up in the directory, and it is!

I seem to recall a movie made in the early 1990s starring Michael J. Fox as a hotel concierge. There's a scene where he's at a perfume counter helping a lady find a scent she'd like. He sprays some on her wrist (I think) and starts sniffing her, and describes the scent in a very sensual, flirtatious way. Does anybody recall the scene or the movie? Does anyone recall if Michael's character mentions the perfume by name?
    David and Becca forever!!

Sounds like L'Heure Bleue. Of course Lazenby pronouncing a French word with what I take to be an Australian accent, plus the hissy soundtrack make it almost unrecognizable.

BUT I saw this again a month ago on TV overdubbed in Italian, and the name of the scent was different, and sounded something fictional or made up just for the occasion by the adaptator.

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here
    I seem to recall a movie made in the early 1990s starring Michael J. Fox as a hotel concierge. *There's a scene where he's at a perfume counter helping a lady find a scent she'd like. *He sprays some on her wrist (I think) and starts sniffing her, and describes the scent in a very sensual, flirtatious way. *Does anybody recall the scene or the movie? *Does anyone recall if Michael's character mentions the perfume by name?
    Now I remember the name of the movie: *"For Love Or Money", from 1993! *I'm gonna have to rent it to find the scene in question.

To be continued...
    David and Becca forever!!

Can you turn on subtitles? Maybe it will tell the name in the subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    Can you turn on subtitles? Maybe it will tell the name in the subtitles.
    Jeepers, I never thought of that. And I'm a complete geeky technophile. You think outside the box, my friend. I'll try it this weekend and see if they "spell it out."

#

It certainly doesn't sound like he's saying "Guerlain".