Code of Conduct

Default "Clean and Fresh" Scents

Hello Boarders,

So i got a bottle of Douro/Lords yesterday from Penhaligon's NY and my wife absolutely loves it. I bought the scent because it has a Smashing Lemon start and dies down to a more powdery, sandalwood scent, very nice and something i see going into serious rotation with GIT.

Ok with that said i got three samples from the good people at Penhaligons which were:

1. Blenheim Bouquet
    2. English Fern
    3. Castille

Liked them all, you can truly tell the quality of this house. What i am really looking for is the consumate "clean" scent, i really like Blenheim but i hear it has a moderate life (4 to 5 hours) and it is for formal occasions. I am looking for something with the same qualities: PINE!!(i really liked how strong this was in Blenheim) , doesnt have to have citrus and makes you feel ultra clean. That is my ideal scent. Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Nate

Default Re: "Clean and Fresh" Scents

My wife says that FLoris - J.F. smells like clean clothes and I see that some people liken J.F. to GIT.

L'Artisan - Patchouly Patch has a clean smell to me.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Bvlgari pour Homme and Extréme are fresh, clean scents with a pine note, not as strong as in Blenheim. I´ve tried a lot of pine-scents and the piniest is Pinp Silvestre but I can´t recommend it as a clean scent, it´s more of a brutal scent...
    Polo green and Polo Crest are pine prominent but more "wet" and herbal than Belnheim wich is rather dry to me. Bowling green is pretty much pine and citrus but a bit harsh and not clean. Haven´t tried green jeans but it´s got a pine punch to it too.
    Blenheim is number one and Bvlgari number 2 for me.

/ Tobbe

I'm soo in love at the moment with Dry Clean by Comme de Garcons! Now this is no fresh scent in terms of citrus or whatever, this is "laundy" fresh, but AWESOME.

Funny, when I find a gem like this, everything else in my collection is forgotten. I LIVE for Dry Clean. The ONLY thing that matters at the moment. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I'm soo in love at the moment with Dry Clean by Comme de Garcons! Now this is no fresh scent in terms of citrus or whatever, this is "laundy" fresh, but AWESOME.

Funny, when I find a gem like this, everything else in my collection is forgotten. I LIVE for Dry Clean. The ONLY thing that matters at the moment. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    Have you ever tried Tommy T? I was just wondering to see how the two compared since I really like the synthetic, yet clean essence I get from Tommy T.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsational
    [quote author=dr.creed link=1125076708/0#3 date=1125084768]I'm soo in love at the moment with Dry Clean by Comme de Garcons! Now this is no fresh scent in terms of citrus or whatever, this is "laundy" fresh, but AWESOME.

Have you ever tried Tommy T? I was just wondering to see how the two compared since I really like the synthetic, yet clean essence I get from Tommy T. [/quote]

Sorry, don't know Tommy T. Can anybody else compare these two??
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    [quote author=Scentsational link=1125076708/0#4 date=1125088221][quote author=dr.creed link=1125076708/0#3 date=1125084768]I'm soo in love at the moment with Dry Clean by Comme de Garcons! Now this is no fresh scent in terms of citrus or whatever, this is "laundy" fresh, but AWESOME.

Funny, when I find a gem like this, everything else in my collection is forgotten. I LIVE for Dry Clean. The ONLY thing that matters at the moment. *[smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    Have you ever tried Tommy T? I was just wondering to see how the two compared since I really like the synthetic, yet clean essence I get from Tommy T. [/quote]

Sorry, don't know Tommy T. Can anybody else compare these two??
    [/quote]

Sure ... Tommy T sucks and Dry Clean is good.

Tommy T has to be up there as one of the shortest lasting fragrances on the planet. It smells OK ... clean and fresh ... for all of about 3 minutes. After that, you'll be sucking your skin up your nose trying to get a hint of it.

Dry Clean, when I first got it a month ago, I though was great ... and I still do, somewhat. There's just something about smelling THAT fresh and THAT clean that is slowly turning me off. Maybe it's one of those that I need to use just occasionally. But it is VERY long lasting on me and not even comparable to Tommy T.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Sure ... Tommy T sucks and Dry Clean is good.

Tommy T has to be up there as one of the shortest lasting fragrances on the planet. It smells OK ... clean and fresh ... for all of about 3 minutes. After that, you'll be sucking your skin up your nose trying to get a hint of it.

Dry Clean, when I first got it a month ago, I though was great ... and I still do, somewhat. There's just something about smelling THAT fresh and THAT clean that is slowly turning me off. Maybe it's one of those that I need to use just occasionally. But it is VERY long lasting on me and not even comparable to Tommy T.
    Well, I get a lot of duration from Tommy T and like it very much. Sounds like Dry Clean isn't something I'd need to add to my wardrobe.

The best "clean" I've experienced to date is Gendarme. Both the original and 20 are "clean" without synthetic smelling "clean." If you want a touch of green added to your "clean," then Gendarme V is worth trying.

#