Code of Conduct

Default Disappointed with ADP Colonia

Hi Guys

I have just got my new bottle of ADP Colonia of the internet and as I opened it with anticipation of what should be a great cologne I sprayed it on me and, NOTHING! I sprayed again and waited, initial smell not bad and lasts about 5 mins then nothing. Am I the only one who has been taken in by all the hype about ADP great smell only to realise that it is a waste of money. Mine has now gone in the rubbish bin and I am sticking with ADP Colonia Assoluta.

Any thoughts

D

Default Re: Disappointed with ADP Colonia

I much prefer the colonia than the assoluta. Having said this, I do no like either one! Smells of old women trying to cover up geriatric funk. I know this is blunt, forgive me, but I just tried and wanted to like this so much but ultimately could not.

The whole point of a "colonia" or eau de cologne is to be just a pick-me-up. It's not made to last. [smiley=smiley.gif]

digital, that's why you need to sample.

Sample, sample, sample

You'll go broke purchasing full bottles based on the description ... trust me. I'm a recovering addict.

OK, well maybe not recovering ... [smiley=embarassed.gif]

I think the nose gets habituated to Colonia in many cases, for on me and others I know it last a good 4-6 hours. Not as long as its stablemate, Colonia Assoluta, mind you, but still satisfyingly long. I love them both, and if you're looking to unload your bottle of Colonia I'll take it off your hands.

On another note, I am really disturbed by the ageism I sometimes see as expressed in the writing on this forum. Are we afraid of or repulsed by our own mortality or something? Listen, as Groucho Marx once said (paraphrasing), "none of us is going to get out of this alive." We are all marching slowly toward our own "geriatric funk," even so-called scent gods. Older persons have just as much right to live, breathe, enjoy life, be respected, etc. as the rest of us. And that's me speaking bluntly.

Jeff

Great words Jeff.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

dr_spine

I love Colonia! it lasts about 4 hours on me. the lemony scent goes quickly but the rose keeps comming back if your body temp rises. atleast on me it does. I wear it in the office and while i am treating patients, I will get a whiff of the rose every once in a while. I would take it off your hands, but i already have 2 bottles, 1 at home and 1 in the office! HA

Listen, as Groucho Marx once said (paraphrasing), "none of us is going to get out of this alive."
    LOL! I'll have to remember that line.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I bought the Assoluta for a more potent and long lasting scent. But I had to keep spraying to smell it. It quickly got traded for a 2on decant of Vinatge tabarome. A trade I will never regret!