Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme: A newspaper critique

One of our French newspapers here in Montreal publishes a weekly perfume critique in its Tuesday edition. This week's featured Dior Homme, available in Canada exclusively at La Baie as of October 1 (the official launch however is September 17).

Mario Girard, author of this column, writes (and this is my translation): Its initial notes are reminiscent of the odour of the many saw mills along the Saint-Maurice River. The smell of wet wood, however, is quickly complemented by amber and leather notes. The powdery side of iris imparts a lot of class to this irreproachably crafted perfume. For those who wear impeccably ironed striped shirts.

Mr. Girard gives Dior Homme 4 stars (=outstanding) out of a possible 5 (=masterpiece). There are also five other critiqued fragrances that merit 4 stars: Mugler's Alien, Burberry Brit Gold, Armani's Bois d'encens, Prada's Eau intense and finally Myqueen by Alexander McQueen.

Incidentally, he gives the new Cèdre by Lutens a meager 2 stars along with Polo Black, London for Men and Promesse by Cacharel.

Default Re: Dior Homme: A newspaper critique

Thanks for the update! [smiley=wink.gif]. Lookin forward to this one!

Mr. Girard gives Dior Homme 4 stars (=outstanding) out of a possible 5 (=masterpiece). There are also five other critiqued fragrances that merit 4 stars: Mugler's Alien, Burberry Brit Gold, Armani's Bois d'encens, Prada's Eau intense and finally Myqueen by Alexander McQueen.
    Just curious, has he critiqued Creeds? I would presume that they all get 5 stars.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

New Dior is simply too powdery. Have to say that I'm bit disappointed. This fragrance is too feminine... I think that many women will like it... [smiley=huh.gif]

I really like the new SL Cedre, so I guess I'll assume my taste is the opposite of the reviewer's.

I'm really really looking forward to My Queen. *bounce bounce* The concept, the bottle, the advertisement, the notes, the name...everything! Still have to try kingdom, though, but My Queen looks like it'll be amazing for me. I'm glad the author gave it a 4, and I hope he's right!

~Silk

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos3
    I really like the new SL Cedre, so I guess I'll assume my taste is the opposite of the reviewer's.
    Ditto!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

francois

Quote Originally Posted by mariodefior
    One of our French newspapers here in Montreal publishes a weekly perfume critique in its Tuesday edition. This week's featured Dior Homme, available in Canada exclusively at La Baie as of October 1 (the official launch however is September 17).
    Found it:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actuel/art...05,1138531.php

(in french, sorry)

Oh! From the article Burberry Brit Gold sounds like kind of stuff.

Thank you so much, Marleofior and François!
    I am in Montreal, so I will now know what and where to look for what s hot this Fall. Very much appreciated.
    Martin