Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: YSL M7...Heaven Scent (or purgatory)

I don't get where this is overly sweet. Have you guys tried Opium yet? M7 is not remotely close in sweetness. I fact I find it rather sour.

tvlampboy: I am one out of the M7 Fresh camp. Grapefruit? Yes, plenty. Ozonic calone aqua crap? None. M7 Fresh is basically a quieter M7 with heaps of grapefruits on it, you can definitely make out the original M7. Very versatile imho, but also quite limited to warmer weather. And you have to use a lot, I think I use half the number of sprays CoL uses when applying Gaultier˛

I guess once I have finished my 3.3 of M7 Fresh, I'll get M7.

M7 is great and I would like to write a review for it, but I need to give it more wearings. I also am trying to get a bottle of m7 fresh.

i'm wearing M7 today and was a bit worried i'd gone too heavy on the trigger. so i was sitting here starting to feel a bit bad, wondering if my coworkers were being bothered (i've told them many times that if i ever smell too strongly or anything i wear is bothering them to let me know - i'm not sensitive that way). anyhow, no one had said anything and i was sitting here gently enjoying the scent radiating out from under my shirt when someone across the way said "oh my god is that Ben Gay?" and i sorta started to feel a little self conscious. like "ok it's not that bad. even if you don't like it..."

and then it suddenly hit me. the Ben Gay fumes really hit my nose too - one of my coworkers has a bad back and applied some ben gay in the office! and HOLY CHRIST it's stunk the whole place up. so now i'm frantically pulling my shirt collar up over my nose in a sort of "M7 fights off the Ben Gay Menace" subplot into my office day.

and to think i was sitting here secretly wanting to test the new Lolita Lempicka Masculin bottle that just arrived via UPS but worried that it might make the office smell unpleasant!

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy
    i'm wearing M7 today and was a bit worried i'd gone too heavy on the trigger. so i was sitting here starting to feel a bit bad, wondering if my coworkers were being bothered (i've told them many times that if i ever smell too strongly or anything i wear is bothering them to let me know - i'm not sensitive that way). anyhow, no one had said anything and i was sitting here gently enjoying the scent radiating out from under my shirt when someone across the way said "oh my god is that Ben Gay?" and i sorta started to feel a little self conscious. like "ok it's not that bad. even if you don't like it..."

and then it suddenly hit me. the Ben Gay fumes really hit my nose too - one of my coworkers has a bad back and applied some ben gay in the office! and HOLY CHRIST it's stunk the whole place up. so now i'm frantically pulling my shirt collar up over my nose in a sort of "M7 fights off the Ben Gay Menace" subplot into my office day.

and to think i was sitting here secretly wanting to test the new Lolita Lempicka Masculin bottle that just arrived via UPS but worried that it might make the office smell unpleasant!

It does have the sweet medicinal quality too it. How heavy on the trigger did you go today?

This old thread reminds me to make M7 my SOTD tomorrow! It's been a while.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Mmmmm M7... smooth, smoky, dark woods.

I like this oud scent because the oud is under controll while many others (Montales, in particular) tend to be a little harsh with their UBERBLASTS of oud - but then again, I kinda like the UBEROUD!

I like the medicinal sharpness of M7. To me it makes it a bit exciting, and does'nt let its intrigue settle. The sweetness of M7 is kept in check and the spicyness is lifted. I would'nt change a thing.

Seasons Greetings

I just recently received my first bottle of M7, and I am hooked. The cough syrup note at the beginning is a bit off-putting, but it fades quickly enough into a beautiful sweet woodsy smell. Now if only the weather would understand it is freaking fall, and not time for 70 degree weather, I could wear it more often.

Well, I won't recant my review of M7. I still think it the best scent for teenage girls to spray on their pillows at night, as they cry themselves to sleep while pining for true love. But what the hell, I love Habit Rouge, too.

For you gentlemen who find M7 neither feminine nor downright silly ; a kind of Chanel #5 meets Nu with a touch of earth tones. Who, instead find it to be evocative of " dark, smoky woods" , may I humbly suggest:

( And this is a wide range in the forest category)

1.Antaeus
    2. Epicea
    3. Salvador
    4. Salvador PH
    5. Jacomo de Jacomo
    6. Francesco Smalto
    7. Joseph Abdoud
    8. L'Occitane Vetiver
    9. Esencia Lowe.

Be forewarned though, some of these are terribly outdated. In fact, they might even be called masculine.

Yours in the search for The Holy Grail,

Mario.
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 7th November 2006 at 04:06 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy

LOL M7 VS Bengay

Does anyone else get an image of the color dark ruby red when they spray M7 on? It could be because of the bottle, but the top notes give off a bright ruby red feeling (maybe the cough syrup note). But as the scent moves along, it gets more woodier and turns into a dark ruby red. This is how I see it.

I really like M7, but only the Aftershave Lotion, it lasts VERY long for a aftershave and it smells much lighter then the EDT. One day I might get the EDT and see if I can go up a step.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Returned to this for the first time since i owned a bottle around it's release must say i dont mind this at all i think if sprayed lightly it's very good juice ,doesn't seem half as sweet as i remember well after that raucous opening anyway and the dry down is very nice indeed .