Code of Conduct

Default Which is more Masculine - SMW or Hamptons?

Which is more "manly" between the 2? Just a one-word answer will suffice. Assuming both scents are at their "peak".
    Current faves: Aventus, Eau Des Baux, Green Irish Tweed, MFK Masculin Pluriel, Royal Oud

Default Re: Which is more Masculine - SMW or Hamptons?

Hamptons

The differences between the two are more a matter of nuance than drama, so I would say go with what you like. I don't consider one more dramatically "masculine" than the other.

Cheers,
    JVP

They both belong in the same family of ultra zest and appeal, but the differences are certainly more than nuances. When your nose gets quite familiar with the two, you'll easily tell them apart without seeing the bottles while spraying.

To answer your question, they both are neutral and so fitting in the unisex category, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    They both belong in the same family of ultra zest and appeal, but the differences are certainly more than nuances. When your nose gets quite familiar with the two, you'll easily tell them apart without seeing the bottles while spraying.

To answer your question, they both are neutral and so fitting in the unisex category, IMO.
    So.....given the strong distinctions you find between the two, which do you prefer?

Cheers,
    Jim

The way they are, I take Hamptons over SMW any day.
    Mind you, if a reworked SMW would boast much better longvity and sillage tenacity than the one we have, I'd put it on par with Hamptons, because I love its sharp black currant note.

I ordered a "fresh" 4 oz. of SMW off an ebay vendor who always has been reliable. I'm a Creed fan and just had to have it.

But, I did sell several bottles of my "thinning" collection to come up with the dough.

So, I'm keeping my "numbers" down. I'm still over 20, though...
    Current faves: Aventus, Eau Des Baux, Green Irish Tweed, MFK Masculin Pluriel, Royal Oud

ummm, have SMW on one hand and Hamptons on the other and they smell almost identical...

marlen

Hamptons has more floral/rose components compared to SMW. In my book, this would make SMW the more masculine one. However, I can understand that in some cultures (Turkish, Persian) hamptons would be a masculine scent as well.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    ummm, have SMW on one hand and Hamptons on the other and they smell almost identical...

marlen
    That's my thought.....though I would like to do a "longevity test". If Hamptons lasted significantly longer, I'd consider springing for a bottle. For me, they do open up in an obviously similar way. In fact, I would go as far as saying that this is the most overt Creed/Bond clone. In comparison, GIT and Chez Bond have nothing in common.

Cheers,
    Jim

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

There's Turkish rose in the Hamptons? My nose cannot pick it up. I saw it mentioned on fragrantica, but I thought it was a typo. All I get is fresh, crisp lime and a little bit of floral which smells to me like jasmine. I just did a review on it on YouTube. I think I'm going to have to smell this one again, but I absolutely love Bond No. 9's fragrance Hamptons. As far as which one is more masculine, I can't really say since I haven't smelled Creed's SMW. But to my nose, Hamptons smells very good. I get a clean, crisp ,refreshing mountain air vibe from it and you can't get more masculine than that.

SMW for me.

Both are great, but SMW for me

A scent is as masculine as the man who wears it.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

SMW. Hamptons is just an obvious ripoff.

I get 12 hrs of longevity and about 7 hrs of sillage out of SMW. Slightly underrated around here IMO.

My original post was 7 years ago. I now have both, both are plenty masculine, with SMW being more formal and Hamptons being the more playful of the two. I got Hamptons for about $55, or I would not see the need to own both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    A scent is as masculine as the man who wears it.
    I bow before these wise words!

They are the same amount of masculine. I prefer SMW.

Blog Entries

I had both at the same time and just recently sold Hamptons on ebay because it was too fem for me. They are very similar but SMW is far superior and masculine imo
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Silver Mountain Water. Not only more masculine, but better IMO
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)