Code of Conduct

Default Where does the grey market for Creeds come from?

Where do all of these grey market Creeds come from, how are they so affordable, and for how long? I always see them on ebay and I am always curious as to how they list them at such a price compared to retailers. There are some fragrances I'm looking to purchase at a discount (like Black Code) but can't find.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where does the grey market for Creeds come fro

scentiments.com has a lot of discount stuff, Black Code for about $8 cheaper than Sephora. I think the grey marker Creeds come from the middle east market thats why most of them have Arabic writing on the boxes. Sometimes you'll get a Creed from ebay and theres a little strip cut out from the back, this is where the Arabic writing was. I don't know why they do that.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

My bottle of Himalaya coame from Bond, at the time the US distributor of all Creeds. It has Arabic on the box too. Shortly after that Bond, being no longer the Creed distributor, flooded the grey market with their lodes. It would seem that a more permanant grey market has now prospered. There is no telling where these come from but Arabic writing doesn't really mean anything.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, I have always thought that the little piece of the box that is frequently cut out of grey market Creed's was a way to trace the bottle back to the true place of distribution and for obvious reasons the seller did not want this to happen.
    ???
    I have also purchased bottles of Creed directly from Bond and also from other authorized retailers and sometimes they had the Arabic writing on the box and on the enclosed card with Oliver's picture on it.

Eric