Code of Conduct
    Sanzio

Default Fecal fragrances/notes

Which fragrances or notes smell fecal for you?

Default Re: Fecal fragrances/notes

anything with civet
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Indol in natural jasmin or jasmin fragrances
    paracresol, not fecal but animalic, in narcisse flower and fragrances like Kouros.
    Natural and sinthetic Civet
    Scatol used in sinthetic Civet

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    anything with civet
    No wonder why smelling fragrances that have civet totally make me nauseous!

CASTOREUM EXTRACT SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE DOO DOO [smiley=cheesy.gif]

IMO Kouros falls under this category. Anything too musky comes off smelling bad to me as well.

fun tidbit, back in the day (19th century) french perfumers did add a bit of baby doo-doo to fragrances to give it a 'edgy' smell [smiley=shocked.gif]
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Santal Nobel. Sorry, I know this is a scent admired by many on this board; but to my nose it just smells foul.

There is definitely a fecal quality in the topnotes of Santal Noble - it's part of what makes it smell so good [smiley=wink.gif].

Now Musc Kublai Khan - that one is seriously poopy. It smells like sweaty man-butt. I suppose that's part of it's charm, but I could never make it past the opening and wear it outside the house. I did wear it overnight on my arm once and the dry-down is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by baron
    Now Musc Kublai Khan - that one is seriously poopy. It smells like sweaty man-butt. I suppose that's part of it's charm, but I could never make it past the opening and wear it outside the house. I did wear it overnight on my arm once and the dry-down is lovely.
    ROTFL!

Quote Originally Posted by misterbowles
    ROTFL!
    Somebody please close down this dirty dirty topic. I misread misterbowles as MISTERBOWELS [smiley=shocked.gif]
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

From reading all this, I can see why I love Boucheron Pour Homme, Givenchy Pi and L'instant De Guerlain so much. Not an ingredient like those mentioned in this topic to be found in these.

I have seen civet listed as a note in Gendarme V and Estee Lauder Knowing and neither smells the least bit fecal to me.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Jicky Guerlain (too bad it's so darned light in EDT and EDP is next to impossible to find) & Joy Jean Patou in EDP and parfum both really have a fecal civet note. Both are wonderful as well, IMO.

fecal note in natural civet is only a part (specially on top note) in this natural product smell. The fixative power, attractive and musky odour is Civettone and others components without fecal aspects.

The top note and the middle note in parfums structure must to cover the bad part of base elements.

Joy, First, Chanel 5 are the good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    Jicky Guerlain (too bad it's so darned light in EDT and EDP is next to impossible to find) & Joy Jean Patou in EDP and parfum both really have a fecal civet note. Both are wonderful as well, IMO.

Just a few days ago I took a ride with Jicky PdT and the reactions were mind-blowing! Women coming close to me completely forgot to use the human brain for seconds. Now I know this is the perfect choice for Mr. Sean Connery. You can even feel his Jicky aura when you watch him being James Bond.
    Peng - Peng - you're dead my friend !! LOL! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

This stuff is not fecal IMO, but ultra masculine, possibly the most masculine scent I know. That being said, it's marketed as a women's fragrance!! Enjoy! .... and Peng - you're dead as well!! Huuu - huuuu
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Sanzio

Quote Originally Posted by roma
    fecal note in natural civet is only a part (specially on top note) in this natural product smell. The fixative power, attractive and musky odour is Civettone and others components without fecal aspects.

The top note and the middle note in parfums structure must to cover the bad part of base elements.

Joy, First, Chanel 5 are the good examples.

Now I can see why Jicky, Joy and By woman are so fecal at first in the top notes, It a kind of charm of these fragrances! I personally like them very much!