Code of Conduct

Thread: Michael Kors

Default Michael Kors

Did a few searches and couldn't find anything on it, so here goes.

Anyone here like/use/tried either of the Michael Kors scents out right now, discounting Island? I'm talking the original for Men and for Women versions. I've been bouncing back forth quite a bit lately, trying to figure out which I like/want more, and wondering if others have tried them as well. The men's version is very sweet and intense, almost all tabacco and doesn't tone much at all. Like a very intense version of the Vera Wang for men. The women's version is...odd. That's all I can really say, floral without being flowery, formal but sexy, rounded and subtly dries down. I'm thinking I like the women's version so much more, and am thinking of dropping the money to get it.

I've seen alot of reaction to the men's version, but has anyone tried the women's, or am I just off my rocker for even wanting to wear it? It seems much more masculine (in my own humble opinion, that is) than anything.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Default Re: Michael Kors

I love it and wear it, but find the first 15 minutes a little intense and heavy on the gardenia - it's the drydown I love...but strictly a cold weather scent.

marlen

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, cold weather and formal. The first couple minutes are a bit much to me, but I'm addicted to the drydown.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

A couple of weeks ago i was torn between buying marc jacobs for women and micharl kors for women since i LOVE gardenia. *I ended up buying marc jacobs since i thought it was a purer gardenia scent. *I got really brave down at work and told someone i was wearing the womens version one day and he said with the type of fragrance it was it didnt matter that it was for women because it didnt smell feminine. * The drydown with this is absolutely gorgeous. *Smooth and creamy. *Like a beautiful damp, dewey garden after a rainstorm. * Oh, and dont discount Island. I have Island and it is very nice as well. I'm not good at describing scents but it smells like the ocean, seaweed, and some tropical flowers thrown it as well. And with a sprig of mint thrown on top of it all.

Awesomeguy

(I agree on Marc Jacobs for women. One of my favorite perfumes for women.)

My GF has "Kors"--the one in the tall skinny bottle. I love the way it smells--but I definitely think it's a cold weather scent. I've been told that a lot of strippers in Miami wear it. [smiley=grin.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)