Code of Conduct

Default Shipping question? HELP!

I bought some perfume (Crown perfumery) recently from ebay & the seller agreed to post the goods from Copemish in Michigan to the UK, a few days later I got an email from the seller stating that the goods had been returned because the perfume was considered hazardrous and it could not be delivered internationally.

Is this the usual case? Is there an alternative way to ship these items from Michigan to the UK?

HELP! [smiley=sad.gif]
    Let your nose be your pilot

Default Re: Shipping question? HELP!

The now late Martin Chung, aka parallax442 on Ebay, tried sending me a package once that just got sent back to him return to sender. We had no idea why, but I was at the time afraid it was something like what you wrote. It came through on the second try though.

I've never had trouble with my other perfume shipments so what you experience sounds like extremely bad luck.

I feel so sorry for you. I'd got nuts of frustration, but don't pay any attention to me.

I purchased from the same seller and I received the same mail. Very strange, I never had problems like
    this before. Ill ask the seller to send the bottles to a friend in the U.S and I think he will have no problems
    sending them to me. He did it a lot of times before.

ERFL
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Quote Originally Posted by Erfl
    I purchased from the same seller and I received the same mail. Very strange, I never had problems like
    this before. Ill ask the seller to send the bottles to a friend in the U.S and I think he will have no problems
    sending them to me. He did it a lot of times before.

ERFL
    Quite annoying, i'm gonna have to think of an alternative means of posting or i'll be missing out on this good deal!
    Let your nose be your pilot

I orderd Curve for men set, from Ebay USA last week friday and i still waiting
    I am in England, the last time i orderd from Ebay USA it was GiT and it came in just 4 days but sadly i orderd this time from a different seller
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I have heard of problems of this nature at Canadian customs, but don't see why you package would have gone through Canada (other than Michigan being on the border).

incedal: waiting more than one week while waiting for a shipment from usa to europe can't be seen upon as something out of the ordinary. i live in sweden and order a LOT of stuff online all the time, and that is very normal. but it is always extremely hard to sit around and wait for stuff to arrive

Yep, I live in the UK and would say 2 weeks is fast and 4 is not unheard of.

It all depends on what class they send the mail, if they send it at Urgent it will take 3 days, or Global Express Mail it will take 3-5 days which the seller of GiT used. So some sellers will choose the cheaper option, the seller for curve charged me $18.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

hi a little tip to all you people from the uk if you order from the states ask if they could put candle or bathroom products on the green customs sticker and then the nasty package openers at mount pleasant wont have an excuse to open your package and slap the import duty and their delightful handling charge onto it for you

I've had the same mail from the same seller... re the crown Sandringham link put up here....UK too.