Code of Conduct

Default D&G at TJ Maxx: Your impressions?

Today I saw D&G Pour Homme at TJ Maxx: factory sealed 1.3 oz for $24.99.
    Can I live without this? (I lean heavily toward and own mostly orientals.)
    What are your impressions on this cologne.
    As a sidenote: I sprayed a shot of Azzaro Pure Lavender on my wrist (as a whim) at about 17:00. It's almost 23:00 and I can still smell it lightly and this is after several hand washings. Okay, I admit to doing the dishes tonight...
    It's light, it's nice, and I think I'll revisit this one.
    _k

Default Re: D&G at TJ Maxx: Your impressions?

D&G is an outstanding citrus, floral, tobacco scent. Too bad it is so popular. If you hang around in circles where nobody wears perfumes, you can try this. Very unique for its time.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Hi Rap,

Welcome to the MADNESS! I have to tell you...I recently have tried D&G ph
    twice in the last couple of weeks and...I am now LOVING this fragrance! I USE to own D&G ph a couple of years ago but...for some reason, I swapped it away! BIG MISTAKE! Perhaps I was NOT ready for the TABACCO notes (which I have now become a HUGH fan). SMN ACQUA DI CUBA and CREED TABAROME are my two TOP fragrances! That being said, I hope to buy D&G ph again VERY soon as I find D&G ph a TOBACCO deeee-light! Oooh...by the way...IMHO, I think TJ MAXX is asking TOO much for the D&G ph. I think I did better buying GUERLAIN HERITAGE for $19.95 for a 3.4 oz. bottle! I have become SPOILED about pricing at TJ MAXX/MARSHALLS. I really do NOT want to spend more than $20.00 for a 3.4 oz. fragance and...it has to be something WONDERFUL like HABIT ROUGE or HERITAGE (or FLORIS, etc.) before I spend my $20.00

Regards,
    SixCats!

I love D&G PH, but while that is a very good price, it is not exactly a once in a lifetime bargain. Scentiments has 1.3oz for $23.38, 2.5oz for $27.49, and 4.2oz for $33.99. Great fragrance though. It has fruity citrus topnotes with a great pepper, tobacco and wood drydown. People say it's overly popular, but in my circles hardly anyone wears fragrances and no one wears this one. I hesitate to wear it to work (I'm a high school teacher) because the female students start coming uncomfortably close.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Blog Entries

I adore D&G PH. I fell in love @ first sniff & I stupidly got it right there & then. I got a 1.3oz for about $30. I've since found 4.2 bottles of it on ebay for this price! Ebay's a great place. Just BE SURE to check the seller's feedback before you bid. If the seller has a reputation for selling knock-off fragrances or half-full bottles it will be noted in the feedback.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

When I first smelled D&G, it seemed like just another ordinary citrus scent. But the drydown of this is amazing! I really grew to love this one. It's not very popular where I live since everybody and their mothers wear aquatic scents.

One of my favourites for almost a decade now. No wardrobe should be without it!

If possible, I would try it out a couple of times over a prolonged period (ie a full day) and then if you like it, buy a bigger bottle (4.2oz) as these are better value and widely available.

A word of warning particularly if you purchase through eBay - there are fake or spoiled bottles out there - I recently got one and had to return it to the seller. Another good reason for trying a reliable tester to make sure you get the genuine article in good condition.

And SixCats is right - I wore it this week the day after Tabarome Millesime and they are very similar in many respects - the sharpness in the drydown. I wouldn't necessarily have described it as tobacco, but that's what it must be.

Thank you for all the great impressions.
    I've added the D&G to my wardrobe.
    Is there no end to this madness? [smiley=undecided.gif]