Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shaken, Stirred and EXTRA DRY !!!

I tend to like fragrances that have extreme leanings. Extreme leathers are my favourites. I also love extreme tabacco, extreme woody and extreme powdery.

At a department store on saturday I quietly stumbled upon what must be the sharpest/driest fragrance ever formulated. It was causing a lot of controversy. People were loving it, hating it, arguing about it.

The saleswoman said it reminded her of gasoline / petroleum !!!

I gently sniffed the cap and it smelt very unique. Fresh, clean and delicate. Then I pulled the trigger.
    .....and then came an exploding grapefruit orgasm which lasted for five minutes. Grapefruit of the acid sharp variety !!

This is a fascinating perfume, but the problem is, after the initial burst it turns quite sour on the skin.
    I am not sure how much I like or love this fragrance, (although I did buy 7 bottles ).

The irony is, according to basenotes discription there is no grapefruit in this ! There is however blackcurrant.

The name of this `devils-mixtureŽis Eau dŽEssence and itŽs from Mario Valentino.
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shaken, Stirred and EXTRA DRY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by david
    I am not sure how much I like or love this fragrance, (although I did buy 7 bottles ).
    Eau dŽEssence... from Mario Valentino.
    I cannot withhold that, David, forgive me: was 7 all they had ?
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    [quote author=david link=1124097000/0#0 date=1124096999]
    Eau dŽEssence... from *Mario Valentino.
    I cannot withhold that, David, forgive me: was 7 all they had ?[/quote]

What size where the bottles, and how much was the total tab? (excuse me, i'm just being nosy.) [smiley=shocked.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thats interesting - because chemically both Grapefruit and Blackcurrant both have heavy sulphurous notes...which can be quite something to tame in a fragrance...so while they are quite similar, the currants tend to weave a fresh sweetness while the grapefruit just burts out of the bottle like a fizzy drink...

it is interesting in this sense, that someone should confuse them....

7 Bottles? Wow !!!!!!! I would love to have a few customers a day like you my Basenotes friend. I'm sure that you made somebodies day that day.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sheesh...I don't even buy 3.4oz bottles of most fragrances 'cause I usually get sick of 'em before the bottle runs dry!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose I bought so many bottles because the fragrance is so unique, and I have strong suspicions that production has been stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, itŽs strange that I confused the blackcurrant with grapefruit, although they both have a certain `sharpnessŽ.
    Also, I said that after the initial burst the fragrance smells sour on the skin. This is the really bizarre part. After
    another hour or so it transforms itself into a very pleasant slightly sweeter note, very reminiscent of blackcurrant.