Code of Conduct

Thread: Copyright

Default Copyright

I've just been contacted by the boss of firstinfragrance.

He kindly told me I have to delete a picture of Acqua di Parma, which I use on ebay for one of my decant offers,
    otherwise he will sue me.

My question is:

Can I use reviews from basenotes members from the directory for my 1/6 oz decants on ebay .....

.... or will I have to rot in hell for just thinking about it ?? [smiley=embarassed.gif]
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Default Re: Copyright

All reviews in the directory and in basenotes in general become the sole rights of basenotes ie. Grant i think. And probably the reviewer as well!!! Right notesy???

I wouldn't link to anything here.....the last time someone did, Grant sent over Col and I with Cricket bats and things got ugly. I wish that someone would have told me that that was one of the jobs of a moderator here. Ugly business man!

I'm glad i live on the distant island of Singapore!!! Paul coming at me with a cricket bat is too horrendous a sight to behold!

Hmmmm... I wouldn't mind Tigs and ladylonestar though... they can spank me anytime!!!! [smiley=evil.gif]

Please send the right pair of mods over ok!

Milamber's right. The moment someone submits a review to Basenotes , their soul is automatically given to me, and I can control them via a secret website.

Seriously though, reviews are the copyright of the reviewer, who when they submit their review give a licence to Basenotes to use it for whatever means.

So, if you wanted to use a review from the site, you would need to contact the reviewer and Basenotes, and get permission from both. I'm sure neither the reviewer, nor Basenotes will disagree with your suggestion, once their fees of 10% of the final auction price has been received.

Yvan

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes
    So, if you wanted to use a review from the site, you would need to contact the reviewer and Basenotes, and get permission from both. I'm sure neither the reviewer, nor Basenotes will disagree with your suggestion, once their fees of 10% of the final auction price has been received.
    I heard de Charlus gets 25%--and he deserves it! C'mon, Grant, confess...you're de Charlus, aren't you? Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan
    [quote author=Basenotes link=1124186392/0#4 date=1124259038]So, if you wanted to use a review from the site, you would need to contact the reviewer and Basenotes, and get permission from both. I'm sure neither the reviewer, nor Basenotes will disagree with your suggestion, once their fees of 10% of the final auction price has been received.
    I heard de Charlus gets 25%--and he deserves it! *C'mon, Grant, confess...you're de Charlus, aren't you? *Inquiring minds want to know!
    [/quote]

Yvan, you're de Charlus. The one who points the finger first is always the perpetrator. [smiley=happy.gif] Sweet and corny jokeroo!