Code of Conduct

Default Divine L'Homme Sage

I've recently been in St. Malo during my holidays and came into Divine store. Here they were promoting L'homme sage so I tested it.
    It's a spicy-woodsy with a more green start and hints of amber in the drydown.
    They say about ingredients: Saffron, tangerine, litchi, cardamom, macis, gaiac wood, cedarwood, fir balm, immortal, patchouli, oakmoss, cyste, styrax, incense.
    The advertising campaign says: "Le digne descendant d'homo sapiens".
    The mood it reminds to me is a hairy-chested grandson of Yatagan with a less rough, more complex and modern twist. A very long lasting scent suggesting self-confidence and manlyness.
    Has anybody other feedback on it?

Default Re: Divine L'Homme Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    I've recently been in St. Malo during my holidays and came into Divine store. Here they were promoting L'homme sage so I tested it.
    It's a spicy-woodsy with a more green start and hints of amber in the drydown.
    They say about ingredients: Saffron, tangerine, litchi, cardamom, macis, gaiac wood, cedarwood, fir balm, immortal, patchouli, oakmoss, cyste, styrax, incense.
    The advertising campaign says: "Le digne descendant d'homo sapiens".
    The mood it reminds to me is a hairy-chested grandson of Yatagan with a less rough, more complex and modern twist. A very long lasting scent suggesting self-confidence and manlyness.
    Has anybody other feedback on it?
    It is interesting how scent perceptions can vary so much. The mood to me is more of the gentle amateur gardener - I find it to be almost feminine.

Default Re: Divine L'Homme Sage

I too found it to be almost feminine - I think it's the fruit notes of lychee and mandarin paired with the developing immortelle note that make it seem so soft to me. I also find L'Homme de Coeur to be quite soft - genderless really, with that persistent, almost citric iris note. The ambergris is far less evident to me here than it is in other scents I have, like Azzaro and Vintage Tabarome.

I wonder if my experience these scents will change if I'm not trying them from a sample vial. I always find it hard to apply the correct amount from a sample. For the record, I love both masculine Divine scents. L'Homme Sage to me is very evocotive of a certain kind of melancholy I associate with humid summer days. The only other scent that effects me that way is Biche dans l'absinthe, which also has that immortelle note, though much stonger.