Code of Conduct

Default Lanvin L'Homme....is there an actual scent here?

Based on the glowing descriptions this scent has received here, I bought it blind with the intent of using it for day to day wear in the office.

I can't smell the damn thing!

I get a whiff of somewhat generic citrus then less than five minutes after spraying I can barely detect it. I tried basically carpet bombing myself with the spray, used mositurizer, etc. This scent is very weak and has questionable longevity on me, even less than Creeds! Is it supposed to be this way or did I get an off bottle?

Default Re: Lanvin L'Homme....is there an actual scent her

Yeah, I didn't recall it lasting long on me either. Lavenders in general die a quick and painless death on me, with the exception of Eau Sauvage Extreme.

It might be just our skin types though, I think others have said that it is a good long-lasting lavender scent.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

I found Lanvin L'Homme had average sillage and longevity, and the scent itself was pleasant, but nothing to write home about.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Apparently the old body chemistry rearing it's head again - this sublime lavender lasts a good 10-12 hours on me.

Aaron

Yikes, I love this stuff, and the lavender sticks around for 6 hours plus on me. :question

Must be the body chemistry. I get a good 4-5 hours with this scent. No this is not an overpowering scent on me....not at all. I use the shower gel and the After Shave Balm.
    I do like this and the Vetiver also. The Vetiver is light but lasts on me as well.
    Gary

I'm in the plain citrus / dubious longevity camp. A very ordinary scent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    Yikes, I love this stuff, and the lavender sticks around for 6 hours plus on me. * :question
    Me, too! This is a good 6-sprayer, however. How many did you use?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    [quote author=Octothorpe link=1124127628/0#4 date=1124134729]Yikes, I love this stuff, and the lavender sticks around for 6 hours plus on me. :question

Jeff
    [/quote]

I only do 3 sprays, otherwise it's overpowering on me.

Just to make sure, we're all talking about the same scent here, right? The purple juice, not the discontinued Lanvin for Men. They are two different beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    [quote author=Octothorpe link=1124127628/0#4 date=1124134729]Yikes, I love this stuff, and the lavender sticks around for 6 hours plus on me. * :question

Jeff
    [/quote]

Ah see that might be my problem. I did 2 to the chest, 1 to each wrist, and 1 to the neck.

I might have to abandon ship on the wrists and just douse my chest and neck.

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    [quote author=Jeff H. link=1124127628/0#7 date=1124138096][quote author=Octothorpe link=1124127628/0#4 date=1124134729]Yikes, I love this stuff, and the lavender sticks around for 6 hours plus on me. * :question

Jeff
    [/quote]

Ah see that might be my problem. I did 2 to the chest, 1 to each wrist, and 1 to the neck.

I might have to abandon ship on the wrists and just douse my chest and neck.[/quote]

Yah, on my skin I find it VERY hard to overdo it with this scent. For comparison, Bulgari PH is quite easy to overdo on my skin. I agree that Lanvin L'Homme is discrete, with modest sillage, but it sure does last well for me. [smiley=happy.gif]