Code of Conduct

Thread: Selection Verte

Default Selection Verte

Came across a bottle of this on EBay (The 8 Oz giant bottle that all the private collection ones come in)...and I was just wondering if it was any good...I have not seen this bottle on display in Nieman Marcus...so I have really not had a chance to smell it. Is it good enough for a blind purchase ? Anybody want to split it ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Creed-Selection-...QQcmdZViewItem

Default Re: Selection Verte

It's an okay citrus with an initial minty blast. But the dry down reminds me of artificial lemon flavoring [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Live Jazz is a completely superior fragrance, IMHO.

#

Darn shame...I always wonder...if a Creed/AdP fragrance reminds people of domestic cleaning products/artificial flavouring, maybe the guys that make the domestic cleaning products are on to something...

I was hoping this would be a fun citrus...

I really like Selection Verte. It took several extended wearings to feel this way though. Initially , I didn't find it too interesting and it didn't last too well. About the 4th or 5th time I wore it, it dawned on me that it is pretty special. The mint stays with me all the way down and the citrus blend is more complex to me than most citrus scents. I was able to get 1oz. decants of this for $20 and the e-bay discount from CreedDirect is a decent buy too but if I had to pay $280-$300 which is the true original price, I'd say no way and pass. I think if you like different, minty citrus scents, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It is a Vintage Creed so it doesn't have that new millesime Creed invasive accord and it is of very high quality. I can definitely see where it may seem like it's not too special initially but try it again and see what you think. Supposedly made for Sigmund Freud.....Analyze that. [smiley=grin.gif]

Eric

Damn...since I wasn't going to buy that I ended up going to Barney's and buying 3 others instead...!! Now I have to atleast get a decant of it.

I'm not a fan of citrusy scents. However, this is an interesting take on citrus scents with the addition of mint and pepper that gives it a "zing" that is missing from citrus scents. It is almost Lorenzo Villoresi in terms of spicy punchiness. If you like LV Acqua Di Colonia, you know the uniqueness.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust