Code of Conduct

Default Womens Perfumes Gives Headache

I was on the bus today and this women was wearing this perfume and damm it I nearly frew up, this not the first time it happend, few times before where I got of the bus or got just far away from the person, but why is this? nearly 60% of girls perfumes i just can't stand, anyone else have this problem?
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: Womens Perfumes Gives Headache

Yes, it happens to me with some kind of cheap and over-flowery perfumes...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

The too-sweet-but-not-just-too-sweet-also-kinda-cool-and-sickly perfumes that remind me of the stuff sickly sweet stuff they used to use to put people under. Kidnappers also used to use it soaking a rag that they'd stick in front of your face. Makes me severly nauseous.

Gahh, whatiscalled!

~Silk

Blog Entries

Yup...hence why I frequent here & not the womens' board [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Yesterday I was browsing around Marshall's & found Burberry Weekend for women, gave it a sniff, & BLECH!!!!!!!!! I felt naseous the rest of the evening.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I am the exact opposite. There is something about most mens fragrances that i dislike and that is why i primarily wear womens scents. The thing that bothers me most about mens scents is that a lot of them have a very sharp rubbing alcoholish scent to them. They dont smell like anything really, just harsh rubbing alcohol. Some of the worst offenders or calvin kleins "truth" i believe it is called. A lot of perry ellis scents and others that are far to numerous to mention.
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by SilkandSteel
    The too-sweet-but-not-just-too-sweet-also-kinda-cool-and-sickly perfumes that remind me of the stuff sickly sweet stuff they used to use to put people under. *Kidnappers also used to use it soaking a rag that they'd stick in front of your face. *Makes me severly nauseous.

Gahh, whatiscalled!

~Silk
    You are referring to chloroform. And no, I am not a kidnapper, but rather a chemist!

Even a nice perfume will give me a horrible headache if I am in a certain kind of mood. I know Mahora does this to me but I haven't been able to figure out what note it has that makes me feel this way.

Yes, I can't stand quite a few women's perfumes. Esp. ones that have the synthetic floral smell. Puke.... [smiley=shocked.gif]
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    You are referring to chloroform. And no, I am not a kidnapper, but rather a chemist!
    That's it! I knew there was a "form" but I couldn't remember what it was.

For the life of me I can't imagine why some girls wear scents that smell like this. It turns my stomach. I can't even name the scents, since I've never really come across it in my sniffing extravaganzas, but gaah I've encountered it on people many a time.

~Silk

I'd rather they wear men's fragrance! LOL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    I'd rather they wear men's fragrance! LOL!
    I'm one step ahead of you [smiley=wink.gif]
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    [quote author=Xen link=1123870997/0#9 date=1123906003]I'd rather they wear men's fragrance! LOL!
    I'm one step ahead of you *[smiley=wink.gif][/quote]
    But i hope you have some Shalimar!!! I can't resist a woman wearing Shalimar!!!

Ehem... back on track, it's probably the method of application more than the scent itself that's causing the headaches. I know i get terrible headaches when people overapply horrendously synthetic stuff from the popular houses. Think of Joop and Eternity overapplied... my gosh what are they thinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    [quote author=CologneJunkie link=1123870997/0#10 date=1123906331][quote author=Xen link=1123870997/0#9 date=1123906003]I'd rather they wear men's fragrance! LOL!
    I'm one step ahead of you [smiley=wink.gif][/quote]
    But i hope you have some Shalimar!!! I can't resist a woman wearing Shalimar!!!

Ehem... back on track, it's probably the method of application more than the scent itself that's causing the headaches. I know i get terrible headaches when people overapply horrendously synthetic stuff from the popular houses. Think of Joop and Eternity overapplied... my gosh what are they thinking!!![/quote]
    Agreed!
    Men are blamed for overapplying more often than women. That shouldn't be the case!

It seems like almost anything "floral" either gives me a headache or makes me sick to my stomach. The stronger the frag, the stronger the reaction. On me, that is. I can take it fine on women, no problems. Weird, that.