Code of Conduct

Default PdN New York--Yow!

I just got my bottle of Patricia de Nicolai's New York. I sprayed a bit on about 10 minutes ago-- and it immediately went to my Top Five.

It reminds me of the original Pierre Cardin men's cologne, which I loved at the time, but refined and perfected to the nth degree. This is one addictive scent, a masterpiece of fragrance compounding.

Just one flaw: the bottle is too small! More juice, please!

Default Re: PdN New York--Yow!

Yes Dennis, one of my favorites is not the favorite. You can get a larger bottle from First-In-Fragrance, the 3.4oz. You are the first one to mention it's similarity to the original Pierre Cardin! I agree with you totally. It is certainly more refined, more complex and of higher quality than the PC but it certainly is a 1st cousin. Did you get the dissonant quick blast of the synthetic castoreum when you first sprayed it?! Great stuff.
    The original PC was the first fragrance I wore in high school and I still like it very much but the New York just takes it to another level.
    Have you tried any other PdN scents? I also love Pour Homme and Baladin and her Cologne Sologne is and amazing take on the traditional EdC with more complexity and more neroli, plus it lasts very well.
    Do keep it quiet, we don't want all of this precious juice to get in the wrong hands.... [smiley=wink.gif]

Eric

One of my very favorites as well. I probably wear this more than any other - it seems right to me day or night, summer or winter. I've never tried Pierre Cardin, but New York reminds me of a deeper, more long lasting Chanel Pour Monsieur. Does anyone else get that?

I've wanted to try Pour Homme for a while, but I haven't found a decant for sale.

Now you know why this is my signature scent! I don't get as many compliments on it as some others, but I just love it so much!

I agree entirely with the accolades! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I recently received blind a 1/3 oz. decant, and I'm almost through it already. Possibly ironically, but does anyone know if this scent is actually sold in any store in New York City? [smiley=undecided.gif]

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    Possibly ironically, but does anyone know if this scent is actually sold in any store in New York City? [smiley=undecided.gif]

Jeff
    Don't know for sure and I'm not sure if you've already checked the following (sorry for the repetition if you have) but this may help:

http://www.pnicolai.com/pages/distribution.htm

Regards-Aaron

I recently got a sample of this and loved it immediately. I got the resemblance to Chanel pM right away, but Pierre Cardin was so long ago that I don't remember. Maybe, that was why New York smelled so familiar right away.

Eric, I guess I got the synthetic castoreum but I didn't know what it was...

Yes it's really, really nice. It reminds me more of KL Homme than Cardin though. But with more citrus in the top. Very classy scent.

Quote Originally Posted by lazycalm
    [quote author=Jeff H. link=1123801594/0#4 date=1123816656] Possibly ironically, but does anyone know if this scent is actually sold in any store in New York City? *[smiley=undecided.gif]

Jeff
    Don't know for sure and I'm not sure if you've already checked the following (sorry for the repetition if you have) but this may help:

http://www.pnicolai.com/pages/distribution.htm

Regards-Aaron
    [/quote]

Beautyhabit.com carries New York also. The 50ml is $65.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    I agree entirely with the accolades! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I recently received blind a 1/3 oz. decant, and I'm almost through it already. Possibly ironically, but does anyone know if this scent is actually sold in any store in New York City? [smiley=undecided.gif]

Jeff

Jeff,
    Yes...supposedly the only other store that has the line in the States is in NYC. It is a smaller pharmacy but for the life of me.............I can't remember it! It may be worthwhile looking in the phone book..?? You may actually be able to get the bigger bottler there as I understand they have the full line.
    Very, very sorry I can't remember their name! The do not have a website from what I read though.
    Maybe a search here or at POL for the info?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    [quote author=Jeff H. link=1123801594/0#4 date=1123816656]I agree entirely with the accolades! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif] *I recently received blind a 1/3 oz. decant, and I'm almost through it already. Possibly ironically, but does anyone know if this scent is actually sold in any store in New York City? *[smiley=undecided.gif]

Jeff

*Jeff,
    Yes...supposedly the only other store that has the line in the States is in NYC. *It is a smaller pharmacy but for the life of me.............I can't remember it! *[/quote]

Eric, thanks, I've found it! It is the New London Pharmacy, and it is located in Manhattan on 8th Ave. between 22nd and 23rd streets. My wife is in the city now and will try to stop by this pharmacy this afternoon! They have the entire PdN line, as well as the Miller Harris and Annick Goutal lines. Thanks for the lead!

Jeff

Jeff,

You can also purchase New York at Clyde's on Madison Ave. I believe the address is 926 Madison Ave, somewhere around 75th Street.

Quote Originally Posted by levente
    Jeff,

You can also purchase New York at Clyde's on Madison Ave. *I *believe the address is 926 Madison Ave, somewhere around 75th Street.
    Levente,

Many thanks, and a back-up in case of disappointment at New London. Do you know what lines Clyde's carries? What type of store is it?

Jeff

I agree with all the applause for New York. What a beautiful fragrance! It reeks of class and sophistication. I can see the resemblance to Chanel's Pour Monsieur, which I love also. New York's a bit more full-bodied and richer to my nose, though. Pity I can never find New York discounted anywhere!

I tried this for the first time today (from a sample) I agree with the comparison to Chanel PM. I find them quite similar. Seriously contemplating buying a botle of this magnificent stuff.

Cheers,

I just ordered a 100 ml flask from a store in Montreal for Can$75 (around US$66). Here is their site address:
    http://www.florenceparfumerie.com/ca...c3d9db3b29bf52
    For all you guys in the US inquire if they entertain orders from accross the border. I fail to see why not though.
    OsmÍ done and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    Yes it's really, really nice. It reminds me more of KL Homme than Cardin though. But with more citrus in the top. Very classy scent.
    I agree. I wore both when they were in style, and now that you mention it, I get the KL Homme affinity. Another reason I love this fragrance!

Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. Clyde's is a high end apothecary. It has top shelf British shave creams (as well as much of Trumper's cologne line), Plisson shave brushes, women's cosmetics, Diptyque candles and many, many fragrances. I stopped in for a quick peek during my trip to NYC last week, and will definitely go back when I have more time. I highly recommend dropping in if you have a chance.

It's official! My wife stopped by the New London Pharmacy this afternoon and picked me up a bottle of New York! [smiley=happy.gif] At my urging she also picked up the last bottle on the shelf of Tangerine Vert EDP from Miller Harris. These are two very excellent fragrances, difficult to locate, so I'm really jazzed she'll be bringing them home with her tomorrow. Many thanks to some great leads in this thread!

Jeff