Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Envy or Dolce Gabbana pour Homme?

Gucci Envy or Dolce Gabbana pour Homme?

Choose one

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Default Re: Gucci Envy or Dolce Gabbana pour Homme?

Envy

Envy
    I like them both, but my b/f is allergic to D&G PH, there's something in it that makes him sneeze non-stop over the top notes and something that makes my nose itch too. Envy seems to be softer.

Envy, even though i also like D&G. Envy is just so smooth and dark. First cool day here in a while so i just put some on for the evening.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

These are two totally different beasts, but I'd go with Envy. Something about D&G is a bit cloying to me. Having said that you have to be easy on the trigger finger with Envy, as a little goes a long way.

#

Sampling Envy today for the first time.

Nice ... think I smell fig leaf in there ... let's see the drydown ...

Envy; Dolce & Gabbana PH is a one note theme.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Envy definitely. It's in my top 3. It has awesome longevity and sillage. Even after a whole night of dancing, sweating, and sitting in a room full of smokers I could still smell it on me when I woke up the next morning. How many fragrances can you say that about?

Dolce and Gabbana is a much better and more versatile scent IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Perris
    Dolce Gabbana pour Homme
    that one

I like both, and they are very different, but given a choice I'd take D&G in a heartbeat. I love the black pepper note in D&G.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Envy.

D & G smells like a glass of lemon juice with a cigar stubbed out in it.

jeez thats a difficult one. I love both very much. it actually depends on whether I am feeling more extroverted (D&G) or introverted (Envy)...I guess. Something about the spicy sweet incensy feel of Envy makes it more personal a scent than D&G pH...not that it takes away anything from the lovely tobacco/coumarin/citrus feel of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    and your point would be...actually, that made me LOL...though I wouldn't go to that extreme (stubbed cigars stink...you always let them burn out on their own), the mix of lemon and tobacco is what I enjoy about this one...doesn't seem like it should work, but I enjoy it...

anyways, succinct and clever was Ballardbeau's "review"...

I cannot stand either one but if I had to choose, go with envy.

Blog Entries

Never smelled Envy...but & ADORE D&B. I'm saving this one for cooler weather & I can't wait. But...I'll give Envy a try sometime so I can give a more unbiased answer.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I have both, like both. Very different fragrances. I prefer Envy slightly.

Yvan

I have both and think both are really good, but I prefer Envy. *Then again, I'm a nut for spices. *I was going to say I find the Dolce & Gabbana pretty linear, but I find the same is pretty much true of Envy. *Both have their place, but I find Envy evokes more nocturnality, more cool, more rhythm, like good jazz music, more romance & poetry. *

D&G.

No doubt about it: Go for ENVY!
    D&G is annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan
    I have both and think both are really good, but I prefer Envy. *Then again, I'm a nut for spices. *I was going to say I find the Dolce & Gabbana pretty linear, but I find the same is pretty much true of Envy. *Both have their place, but I find Envy evokes more nocturnality, more cool, more rhythm, like good jazz music, more romance & poetry. *
    Yup, I choose Envy for all those reasons!

ENVY is better!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

This description beautifully summarizes my own thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Jeff

I tried Envy today, and I fell in love immediately so much that I bought it... Ummm, smooth an very sexy smell, fresh, elegant, deep. I like the cinnamon note (cinnamon, I think?).

I cant imagine a woman whom it doesnt like this smell...

[smiley=evil.gif]

Envy ...........by a mile

I find D&G boring, linear, and way too common. Too easy to end up smelling like "annoying cologne guy" with this one because the notes are so unnatural. Envy is a more warm, inviting, and sexy.

SLim

Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Yvan

I think, for me, a large part of the appeal of the Gabbana--when I use it, which hasn't been too much lately--is the combination, or contrast, between the citrus and the tobacco...those are the two main components I get, anyway. Just for fun, I did a search in the Basenotes product directory of men's scents with tobacco, and I was a bit surprised to see that there were only 47; somehow I expected to see more, and I'm not sure how many you can actually smell the tobacco in. I don't know about you, but I'd like to see more scents with tobacco, especially a few more that combine the citrus and tobacco, but at least slightly different from the Gabbana. Then again, maybe I just need to get a few more pre-existing scents with tobacco in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Envy.

Dude! *I love that description! *LOL! *
    Dead. *On.
    And so, I must vote Envy!

Envy is in my wishlist

Envy spanks D&G PH like a red-headed step-child.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Envy

Dolce & Gabbana. It's what I'm wearing today! [smiley=smiley.gif]
    David and Becca forever!!

I have both and wear both, but prefer
    Envy but quite a margin.

I'd go so far as to say that Envy is a modern-day perfume classic. It's quite original. And there's something about it that makes me feel I'm melting inside when I smell it. Just sooooo.... nice.

Interestingly, women seem to love the smell of Envy as well. I brought a mini bottle into the office recently and "exposed" this fragrance to a number of female colleagues. I was surprised but the number that were rhapsodic about the smell of Envy compared to most other men's fragrances I've brought to the workplace.

An agonising choice to make. Currently, I have both of them lined up in the second row of my colonge cupboard and on certain mornings, the need to choose either one of them would confront me. Strangely, my instincts would always guide me towards ENVY . I guess mere mortals like me have a predeliction for things associated with SIN. He! He! He!

So far we have
    Envy 24
    DG 6

Its a runaway. Put me down for Envy.

Envy rules!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I know the femenine version of it was created by Maurice Roucel, one of my favorites, but I dont know who created the men version: someone knows who?

On the other hand, I havent smelled Gucci pour homme (2003) yet, but, it is as good as Envy? Umm... I must smell it...

I think, for me, a large part of the appeal of the Gabbana--when I use it, which hasn't been too much lately--is the combination, or contrast, between the citrus and the tobacco...those are the two main components I get, anyway. *Just for fun, I did a search in the Basenotes product directory of men's scents with tobacco, and I was a bit surprised to see that there were only 47; somehow I expected to see more, and I'm not sure how many you can actually smell the tobacco in. *I don't know about you, but I'd like to see more scents with tobacco, especially a few more that combine the citrus and tobacco, but at least slightly different from the Gabbana. *Then again, maybe I just need to get a few more pre-existing scents with tobacco in them.
    Micheal for Men is very heavy on the tobacco. If you like tobacco scents I'd definently give it a try. I fell in love with the scent for a while, but rapidly fell out of love with the drydown, which I personally found a bit stale and unpleasant after a while, that said it has many fans and is a Fifi award winner too I believe so well worth a try.

Oh and vote goes also to Envy!