Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed Himalaya!

Default Creed Himalaya!

Oh my god. Bliss!

After a second day of wearing L'Instant I pondered and wrote down my thoughts on it - all in all quite nice. Not beautiful like Heritage, but nice.

So I dabbed a new scent on the back of my hand to preview for the days to come, and to plan my trials. A little bit of Casual Friday, which ended up being like Jaipur gone horribly wrong. I'll still give it a full trial, but I was happy to wash it off, and left my hand under running water for a while to make sure it was gone.

I searched through my ziplock bag of samples to see if there was anything else I just needed to check. I want to vary types of fragrances from day to day. An oriental today, somthing fresh tomorrow. I'm already planning to use Aqua di Roma for the next two days.

It didn't seem like there wasn't anything that couldn't wait. But then there was the OTHER ziplock bag of samples. I had stuffed all of the Creeds into a separate container and hadn't sniffed at a one. So I scrolled through them and decided to try Himalaya. It was the one I had been really curious about, though I can't now recall what I'd read about it. I dabbed a little on the back of my other hand and...

Magical!

Are all of the Creeds like this? Now I'm very afraid of that little bag of Creed samples.

Default Re: Creed Himalaya!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos3
    Are all of the Creeds like this? Now I'm very afraid of that little bag of Creed samples.
    Not to my nose. You did draw a good one out of the bag, however. For me, the two Creeds that are exceptional are Himalaya and Bois du Portugal. Many other ones are ok, but not mind blowing. Of course this is my opinion, and you will no doubt hear others that will praise the entire line of Creeds. Keep an open mind, and happy sniffing!

I curently own Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water and I've had a decant of Original Vetiver and I'm totally a fan.

Several people here have said that Creed is over rated. I'm not really sure what that means? If some one doesn't personally like a fragrence or design house, it's their opinion. Saying a fragrence is over rated is not only insulting to all the people that like it, but the person making the statement is implying their, totally subjective, opinion is in some way better than those feel differently, when it's just their opinion.

I've sampled several frags that are highly touted here that I feel are not great, but I understand it's only my opinion.

OK, I'm done ranting.

There are some similar smelling frags to a few Creeds, but the resemblence usually turns out to be superficial.

The only complaint I have with Creed is several of them do not have great longevity. Small price to pay for their other qualities.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=Carlos3 link=1123825356/0#0 date=1123825356]
    For me, the two Creeds that are exceptional are Himalaya and Bois du Portugal.
    Alas, I couldn't find a sample of BdP.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. But I was happily surprised.

Of course I do have another dozen scent samples on hand of other things, with another dozen plus on the way - including seven L'Artisans. So there is some good competition coming. But I already feel like Himalaya could be my future signature. Top contender right now anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    The only complaint I have with Creed is several of them do not have great longevity. Small price to pay for their other qualities.
    I've heard about this, and I was wondering it's because of their extraction process of the scents or because they wanted to keep it more like a cologne to be liberally sprayed on.

Picked up decants of GIT, Himalaya, and Silver Mountain Water off eBay (only way to afford all these Creed scents! DANG! They're pricey!!)...should be getting it tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Himalaya is still numero uno in my book.

Himalaya is a taste I have now acquired big style. Bois du Portugal is also wonderful.

Also worthy of note (in my opinion) are Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial, Tabarome and Royal Water.

Long live Creed! I am a devotee to this house and enjoy many of their blends!

I have a bottle of Himalaya on the way. I went through a sample of it very slowly, but I wore it to work several times and it was perfect. Plus, some girls liked it and complimented me. It doesn't blow you away the first time you smell it. It's not mind-blowing like a L'Artisan or CdG; Its just perfectly blended and changes ALOT on the drydown; very multi-faceted. It smells really high-class and when you put it up against some cheaper designer scents in the same kind of smell category, Himalaya's quality is obvious. Plus the smell is very true to the name. It has a refreshing icyness and a incense warmth. The evolution is really evident, too.

I like Himalaya because it's both a very good scent that I find stimulating and yet it's a very safe scent that will never be a bad choice. Its very clean and has alot of depth. The more you wear it, the more you will find it has an "old soul"!

Creed rocks. HARD.