Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Bond 9 fragrances?

Ok, I'm going to take the plunge this week and get my first Bond9. Now, I need some personal thoughts and opinions. What do you think is the best of the line? How is their longevity? Are they stronger than Creeds?

Default Re: Thoughts on Bond 9 fragrances?

I used to have Chelsea Flowers and Nuits De Nohoe. Chelsea was my favorite one thougnh. Both of them had excellant staying power lasting and giving great sillage for 10 hours or more. I would like to buy Chelsea again and maybe even the new one, Chinatown.
    Awesomeguy

I own a decant of Chez Bond . Remarkably this smells identical to a bottle of the original Jordache for Men I owed in 92.

I admit that it's more refined than the Jordache, but still this is not an original scent .

I'm going to wait before I make a judgment on these products. I will buy a few more decants.

I really want to try New Harlem after reading several reviews on basenotes

Little Italy is arguably one of the best citrus scents on the market.

NYC Fling smells great on my wife.

I'm thinking of getting the following:
    Great Jones
    Hot Always
    Riverside Drive
    Hamptons
    Wall Street

Trying to narrow it down, going to pick up three of them to start

Thoughts? I can ink pages..

The longvity of the Bonds is sick (in a good way).
    Stronger than the Creeds? Absolutely.

Think pink and get Chinatown.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    Thoughts? I can ink pages..

I read the description of Chinatown and shuddered. The basenotes are fine but the top and middle would give me a gender crisis I think [smiley=wink.gif]

I will say to try the original Paco Rabanne before Great Jones and try Givenchy Gentleman before H.O.T. Always and try Erolfa before Wall Street and also SMW before Hamptons. That said....these are of excellent quality with a very high concentration of oils and they last forever on my skin but they are not the most original or innovative scents.
    I had Riverside Drive and initially loved it but then I went off of it for some reason and then it went off on me....
    The secnt was stored quite properly, firstly in a dark, cool cabinet and then in my fridge and it went quite rancid before two years were up. Thankfully, I was not as interested in it when it went bad. I bought it directly from Bond and got 2 ounces in one of their atomizer bottles. This is the quickest a scent has even gone off on me. I don't understand the volatility. The top notes now smell of the strongest vinegar I have ever experienced. I have over 20 years of wearing and collecting scent and this was the worst experience I have ever had with something going bad. It was ridiculously expensive for the 2 ounces and I am quite angered that it would go off so quickly, especially under proper storage conditions.
    Don't let that sway you, just use it as a caveat. Do sample these scents and please, if you get a chance, let me know if you think they are similar to the above mentioned scents.

Eric

My love of SMW makes me want to rush out and get Hamptons then, because SMW lasts for all of an hour on me then dissapears. If Hamptons smells ANYTHING like SMW and lasts longer, I'll buy cases!

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    [quote author=Killer Vavoom link=1123768145/0#5 date=1123785357]Thoughts? I can ink pages..

I read the description of Chinatown and shuddered. The basenotes are fine but the top and middle would give me a gender crisis I think *[smiley=wink.gif][/quote]

I believe chinatown is a female fragrance. I am actually considering buying this for my GF on her upcoming birthday.

Technically it's unisex, but very few men can pull off tuberose...

Evogel is right in their similarites hence bond has ripped off creed in every way concievable. I mean, every bond fragrance is a rehash of the much better and masterful blends of creed. I seed bond straight to hell!

I'm going to say Riverside Drive and New Haarlem were the personal favorites that I smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    Evogel is right in their similarites hence bond has ripped off creed in every way concievable. I mean, every bond fragrance is a rehash of the much better and masterful blends of creed. I seed bond straight to hell!

On the one hand, I abhor rip off scents. On the other, I love the smell of Creeds but they simply don't last on my skin. In order to break the four hour mark I practically have to bathe in them, the exception being the superb Bois Du Portugal which is heaven in a bottle.

So if Bond smells like Creed but lasts longer, I might be able to overlook the copy cat ideology.

Creeds last on my skin forever. Bonds last on my skin and I love most of them when I first put them on but every single one I've tried smells really cheap on the drydown.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    I will say to try the original Paco Rabanne before Great Jones and try Givenchy Gentleman before H.O.T. Always and try Erolfa before Wall Street and also SMW before Hamptons.
    To add to eric's list

Try Eau D'Hadrien (Annick Goutal) before trying Eau De New York
    Try Creed GIT before Chez Bond
    Try Rochas Man before New Haarlem.

Of the list you have Hamptons is SMW/MI with a floral/rose twist if you will. Chinatown is hard to pull off as a guy. Wallstreet was quite the bomb when it came out, it was different but something about the cucumber and wine dregs which put me off. That, but also due to the unethical nature of the Bond company.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Well, thanks for all the advice guys!
    The fact that I have apparently smelled and or owned all of the Bond scents in one form or another put my off, and the fact that I refuse to pay 160 dollars for any scent sort of finished the deal. If I ever see a bottle heavily discounted or a tester for sale, then maybe I'll try but when I saw I could pick up four good scents for the price of one bottle, it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Creeds last on my skin forever. *Bonds last on my skin and I love most of them when I first put them on but every single one I've tried smells really cheap on the drydown.
    Amen brother! This house has a synthetic cheapness going on and not worth the money. Completely unoriginal and a total sham. For real quality and natural ingredients, go with creed!

If you likeSilver Mountain Water, as I do, you'll love Hamptons. To me, it's a refined and more potent rendition of an already wonderful scent. If I wanted a signature scent, this would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevef
    I'm going to say Riverside Drive and New Haarlem were the personal favorites that I smelled.
    I have to agree with you here and, in fact, these are the only two that I own full bottles of. I have decants of Chinatown and Nuits de Noho..which is somewhat marketed to females but I like to use it to lighten up other fragrances with good effect...including New Haarlem.

I can see why people think the the house is a ripoff of Creed. I strip sampled Hamptons and had to look at the bottle to make sure it was, in fact, Hamptons and not SMW. That said, not many Creeds agree with me in the long term and there is a note or two difference in these that I think is better suited for my own chemistry than Creed. Oh...and there just is NO comparison in Creed to New Haarlem. If you sample this fragrance you will just feel compelled to own some of it.

I don't quite get the Erolfa/Wall St. connection, other than both being marine. Erolfa seems to be the one scent by Creed that fluxuates and is not as consistent between bottles; I've had samples that sparkled with citrus, and some that don't. Some have darker liquid, others clear. Wall St. is much different, with leather in the drydown which smells great.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Man, I didn't get the leather in the Wall Street drydown because I was so put off by that skanky seaweed smell. I was in their shop this spring and the guy just sprayed Wall Street all over my arm. It was two hours before I could wash it off and then it still smelled like skanky seaweed. No longevity problem...

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    [quote author=AZsmells link=1123768145/0#14 date=1123793335]Creeds last on my skin forever. *Bonds last on my skin and I love most of them when I first put them on but every single one I've tried smells really cheap on the drydown.
    Amen brother! This house has a synthetic cheapness going on and not worth the money. Completely unoriginal and a total sham. For real quality and natural ingredients, go with creed![/quote]

I hear another amen brother!

If you purchase creed from an official source, you should not experience problems with longevity.

The Bond 9 fragrance house has a deperation to appear posh & artisanal hence the reason for the rehashes of more established fragrances.

The Bond 9 prices are extortionate & the drydown for most of their fragrances smells cheap & synthetic.

There are better alternatives which exude sophisication & are more appropriately priced, why bother with Bond 9?
    Let your nose be your pilot