Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Default Re: Female frags - how many of you men use them regularly ?

I wear LouLou and Arpege regularly.
    I recently came across Pozo In White which I adore and wear loads.
    I only get compliments. No one says "why are you wearing a ladies scent".

I don't buy niche scents just designer because of my budget. But I find myself very disenchanted with new releases from designer labels - they seem to amount to nothing but vapid scents e.g. Gucci Guilty, Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci Pour Homme, Lacoste Challenge, Davidoff Champion, Boss Orange, YSL L'Ibre etc. I long for the days when a scent like Iquitos can be released and sell well. A sales assistant in Boots agreed with me recently that many of the latest new mens' releases were rubbish.

The ladies section has lots of surprises! I love rose and vanillas and there are plenty in female scents. Most totally wearable by a man.

Never ever, I might lose my masculinity, only the idea of wearing female frags, it scares me to death!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I thought all men who wear any fragrance of any gender was gay...
    You might be on to something. Ever since I started wearing female fragrances men seem to arouse me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    You might be on to something. Ever since I started wearing female fragrances men seem to arouse me a little.
    Good advice, Thierry Mugler - Alien Liqueur de Perfume 2night!

I never did, do not now, and never will wear women's fragrances.

I wear frangrances to enhance the image I want for myself - being a gentleman with all that goes with it like being well-dressed and well-groomed.

Women's fragrances are there to make women smell feminine. Smelling feminine does nothing to enhance the image of a gentleman.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally don't use them.
    Me neither. That's why I regularly use Dior Homme - it's very butch.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    My hero!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Is lipstick smell = butch
    Dior Homme is not my cup of tea, this could easily pass for a female scent in my world.

Same with frags like Givenchy Pi and Boucheron Jaipur. Just too much vanilla and Q scenting for my taste
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

To this day, I haven't found a female fragrance that I wanted to wear.

I don't have a problem with labeling fragrances as masculine and feminine as it helps consumers who are not crazy about perfume (99% of people) like some people here seem to have.

I have already tried and bought samples of greatly hyped fragrances around here (marked a feminine). Not only did I not enjoy wearing them, but also my wife who didn't know the fragrance was supposedly feminine tools me I smelled like an old lady...

So, people can say whatever they want, but your decades most women wore feminine marketed fragrances and men write masculine marketed fragrances. That creates an association between certain notes frequently found in masculine/feminine fragrances and the gender of the wearer.

That is certainly true for me and other basenoters who grew up in an environment where older ladies were wearing strong female fragrances. We can't be blamed for having this association in our mind anymore than those who like to wear female fragrances for liking them.

I don't care if other men wear female fragrances and enjoy them. Good for them. It is somewhat ironic that these people are do open minded add to wear something labeled "feminine" but at the same time can't accept that others do not enjoy them. So if someone here at basenotes says he won't wear female fragrances, they quickly and sarcastically react suggesting that one is insecure about his manliness...

I once thought I would never wear a female fragrance, but now after educating myself on fragrance.... I wear anything that I like... I love Shalimar and Amouage Epic Woman
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

So far, only the (already quite unisex) Eau de Cedre Bleu by Yves Rocher

Sound Scents

While I wear many unisex scents, I don't currently wear any scents marketed as women's. That said, if I find one that I like, I will wear it without hesitation and certainly feel that gender based marketing should never come between someone wearing what they think smells good. Who cares what some corporate marketer feels should be a "male" or "female" scent...? Besides, quite frankly there are many scents that are marketed to men that I would rather smell on a woman... So it seems to me that the reverse should hold true as well. I may not have found mine yet, but I continue to look at the entire scent universe for good smelling scents to wear... Regardless of gender-based marketing.
    Last edited by drseid; 24th September 2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by dilney View Post

I don't have a problem with labeling fragrances as masculine and feminine as it helps consumers who are not crazy about perfume (99% of people) like some people here seem to have.

I have already tried and bought samples of greatly hyped fragrances around here (marked a feminine). Not only did I not enjoy wearing them, but also my wife who didn't know the fragrance was supposedly feminine tools me I smelled like an old lady...

So, people can say whatever they want, but your decades most women wore feminine marketed fragrances and men write masculine marketed fragrances. That creates an association between certain notes frequently found in masculine/feminine fragrances and the gender of the wearer.

That is certainly true for me and other basenoters who grew up in an environment where older ladies were wearing strong female fragrances. We can't be blamed for having this association in our mind anymore than those who like to wear female fragrances for liking them.

I don't care if other men wear female fragrances and enjoy them. Good for them. It is somewhat ironic that these people are do open minded add to wear something labeled "feminine" but at the same time can't accept that others do not enjoy them. So if someone here at basenotes says he won't wear female fragrances, they quickly and sarcastically react suggesting that one is insecure about his manliness...
    Thanks for your great post !

As I say, I don't exactly make a detailed search for a female frag I would wear, but if I found one I really liked, I would not hesitate to buy it.

Problem is that I can love the way a good perfume smells on a women, but this does not mean I would be remotely interested in wearing that perfume myself.

A good pair of D cups also looks awesome on a women, but I really don't think I would look good with a set of D cups

So I agree with you. There ARE indeed gender based scents and then we have the unisex scents.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

As someone that is full blown straight and not too long ago would not have considered wearing perfumes that are sold for women and even considered anything vanilla (e.g. Bvlgari Black) as too on the feminine side, I find it quite easy to wear some frags marketed to women now, after checking out a couple that had been recommended on this site. They are simply too good not to wear, even in the case that one only would wear them around the house to relax.

That said, working my way through the girlfriend's collection, there are also quite a few fragrances that I would not consider to wear myself, even though they smell lovely on her.

Never have, never will. No different to a guy wearing a bra or a skirt. It's only clothing! It's all marketing! Men should be free to wear what they want! If a guy wants to wear womens lippy, that should be fine! It's just marketing! :-P

Absolutely no different. A guy wearing a womans fragrance is a ridiculous concept to me.

Blog Entries

I wear several unisex fragrances, regularly. However, out of what I wear regularly, the only one I've seen listed anywhere (Basenotes directory) as feminine is Chanel Sycomore. However, to me it is definitely on the masculine side of unisex.

I've sampled several, and am not opposed to wearing one. I just haven't found one I'd like to wear beyond the occassional spray.

To be serious here, I wear both Black Orchid and Elixir des Merivelles which are both marketed to women but feel more masculine than Hanae Mori HM which is marketed to men, and which I also wear. Sort of silly to to turn fragrances into a sex IMHO. Wasn't it Jicky that was originally marketed to men when it was released and is now marketed to women? Could be wrong but...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    A guy wearing a womans fragrance is a ridiculous concept to me.
    I'm sure they would be denied membership in the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dilney View Post

I absolutely agree. People can wear whatever they want - they will never hear an opinion from me about it.

But this "insecurity about one's manliness" stupidity is an all-to-common meaningless phrase from today's politically correct era that people use to knock others who don't buy into their "modern" concept of gender, which they follow and think everyone else has to also.

Never have, never will. No different to a guy wearing a bra or a skirt. It's only clothing! It's all marketing! Men should be free to wear what they want! If a guy wants to wear womens lippy, that should be fine! It's just marketing! :-P

Absolutely no different. A guy wearing a womans fragrance is a ridiculous concept to me.
    I agree - for me, if I wear a woman's fragrance it's the same as if I wore women's clothes, lipstick etc.

But that's for me. If any guy wants to wear woman's fragrances, thy will never hear a negative opinion about them doing it from me.

Unless of course, these same people wearing women's fragrances won't wear fragrances that they consider "old men's" fragrances. To me, that's ludicrous - it ok to smell feminine but not like an "old man".

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan View Post
    I absolutely agree. People can wear whatever they want - they will never hear an opinion from me about it.

But this "insecurity about one's manliness" stupidity is an all-to-common meaningless phrase from today's politically correct era that people use to knock others who don't buy into their "modern" concept of gender, which they follow and think everyone else has to also.
    This sort of reminds me of a quick come back line if someone makes a disparaging comment about being gay...

"I'm twice the man you will be and twice the woman you will ever have."

Just wear what you like and want to wear because those that matter don't care, and those that care don't matter. That thought is in my signature and it is a good thing to remember.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Whatever floats your boat, guys. I couldn't care less if you wear Old Spice or some manly fragrance peddled by some full-bearded neanderthal. As a straight guy I don't make a habit of sniffing up other dudes so how the hell would I know what a (real) man should smell like?

From my wardrobe you can probably see I wear 'feminine marketed' fragrances just as often as I wear masculine-marketed ones. Mitsouko, Shalimar, Le Temps d'Une Fete, Iris 39, 31 rue Cambon, Chanel No.5, Bois des Iles, Sycomore, etc. My mom & grandmas hardly wear perfumes, nor do my sisters or aunts, so I grew up without any baggage of 'fragrance gender by associations'. To my mind, a flower is a flower - a neutral - it smells the same whether it is worn by a man or a woman. It doesn't make a woman more of a woman, nor a man less than a man. BUT visually, where & how the flower is worn may have different connotations. I do admit to having a more developed fashion-gender visual associations. So you will never catch me in a skirt though I still chase the occasional skirt.

To the OP, clearly you have never tried vintage Mitsouko EDC. Honestly, it probably has 'bigger balls' than the most macho stuff you've got in your current wardrobe. Do try it if you get the chance.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 24th September 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Wearing a feminine fragrance is more like wearing colors like pink and lavender or like being meticulous about the fit of one's clothes. These things are more commonly associated with women, but only a tiny minority of people regard it as "transgressive" when men do them. There is no feminine fragrance that any guy could wear that would have the same effect as cross dressing.

I wear what I like. And I don't like any feminine scents on me.

When testing new releases I've on occasion accidently sprayed women's scents on my wrist. After smelling them I immediately discover the accident and furiously try getting them off by rubbing the sides of my trousers vigorously.

And nobody has ever brainwashed me to feel that way, nor has it arisen as a result of my environment - it's ingrained.
    Regards,
    Renato

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    When testing new releases I've on occasion accidently sprayed women's scents on my wrist. After smelling them I immediately discover the accident and furiously try getting them off by rubbing the sides of my trousers vigorously.
    Well just as long as you rub your wrists on the sides of your trousers vigorously in a manly way.....

I do a fair amount, especially some of the older Guerlains. I honestly just wear what I like and really don't care much what others think.

Obviously, every one is different and each person wears what is good for their personality, what makes them comfortable or more confident, or just what smells good to them. That's what is great about this....there is something for everyone.

I am gay but I am kind of scruffy in appearance, in need of a haircut, wearing plaid shirts and jeans, whatever you want to make of that. But I enjoy making people stop and think, maybe even confusing them. I am totally open to wearing a woman's perfume but haven't found all that many that I enjoy.

I am attracted to older, classic, "mature" fragrances (masc. or fem.), but also some things that are so striking that they are not masculine or feminine (Serge Lutens makes a lot of these). I just like what I like!

There are very few contemporary feminines that I would wear. With most perfumes composed before about 1965 it's impossible to tell. In some cases what seemed feminine then seems quite masculine now. It's fashion. It's why, once you get your mind-ghetto assembled, movies from more than about 10 years ago seem unwatchable to you. Watch two or three, though, and you get past it. Keep smelling, gents.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

If I like a fragrance, I will wear it. I don't care which side of the fragrance counter it is on.

Never have, never will. No different to a guy wearing a bra or a skirt.....
    Wow, that is a really odd comparission. A fragrance marketed to females is like a bra or skirt......okay......
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I have a few in my collection but rarely wear them to work. I will wear them out with the family or alone but at work there are many who wear colognes and perfumes, and I just prefer to avoid wearing ones which are too flowery, powdery or just plain old Princess smelling to me.

Some I have no problem wearing especially if nobody else is within that scent range, such as Eau Claire des Marveilles that one is very different from the norm at work so it pulls off nicely.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Why turn this discussion into this :lol:

If you look at it that way we're pretty much all unisex - but come on, if you have more than let's say 4" flaccid between your legs, it's not a clit anymore, right

I'm a straight 7" flaccid guy, and if i found a female frag I liked, I would consider buying and using it !
    Problem is I haven't found one yet
    They all smell too fruity, lipstick and flower based for my taste.

So just curious what kind of female fragrances appeal to you guys, who buys female frags and consider all frags as unisex and not segregated ?
    AMEN.. i too am very well hung and love to wear womens fragrances...im also a tall muscular black man and i say wear what you like. life is too short to care. as long as you do it tastefully and do not offend people... its all good. heez its just scents

with that said..im wearing TOMMY GIRL today and haha i didnt shave and i worked out like a dog and feel uber masculine..smelling pretty!!

I personally do not, but that's probably because I haven't found any "female" fragrance that has caught my fancy. I really don't think it's that big of a deal.
    1. Creed Aventus
    2. Armani Code
    3. Chanel Antaeus

My apologies, gents, for once again gatecrashing your forum. But then I'm a woman who enjoys a good masculine frag as much as the next chap... and all this makes for fascinating reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    To the OP, clearly you have never tried vintage Mitsouko EDC. Honestly, it probably has 'bigger balls' than the most macho stuff you've got in your current wardrobe. Do try it if you get the chance.
    I was thinking the same thing. Really, all of the classic Guerlains and Diors (if you can find vintage formulations) are genderless. Unless you classify "good" as "feminine" - and often, who knows why, you do have to look to the women's section to find the most masterful compositions. But yeah, Mitsouko, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan View Post
    Women's fragrances are there to make women smell feminine. Smelling feminine does nothing to enhance the image of a gentleman.
    With due respect, I couldn't disagree more. I'm not even sure what "smelling feminine" is supposed to mean. Flowers are gender-neutral. As Luca Turin pointed out, neither do they care what we think - it's almost freaky that we want to smell like them at all, but I digress... But genuinely, I find this statement a little insulting. Women's fragrances are there to please the people who choose to wear them, be they male or female. At no stage in my day do I size up my wardrobe and think "How to smell feminine today?" I favour tobacco, leather, jasmine, rose, tuberose, hay, vetiver, lavender, vanilla, mint... all of which happen in masculine, feminine and unisex frags.

On the subject of gender, I'd like to float the idea that penis size has zero correlation with sexual preference nor with perfume.

I echo the sentiments of others who state that anyone should be able to wear anything and not be judged for it (well, a little judged maybe - discussion is healthy). And if that means sticking to gender types as decided by marketing departments, fine / shame. But I admit I do sometimes feel like Angel Dumot Schunard calling down the street: "I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever get." There's a big world out there. You can totally explore it without losing your gender identity. Scottish men look great in skirts.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Quote Originally Posted by anotherlemontree View Post
    My apologies, gents, for once again gatecrashing your forum. But then I'm a woman who enjoys a good masculine frag as much as the next chap...
    Amen sister, I'm a straight chick who who is on this side of the board more than the other side, because I enjoy "masculine" fragrances quite a bit, and I have no problem throwing on some yatagan between my double DD's.

Really, all of the classic Guerlains and Diors (if you can find vintage formulations) are genderless. Unless you classify "good" as "feminine" - and often, who knows why, you do have to look to the women's section to find the most masterful compositions. But yeah, Mitsouko, do it.
    I went perfume sniffing with 2 male friends today. One only likes vintage "feminine" Guerlains and some Caron's. They smell completely "right" on him. He also smells great in powdery florals, something I can't pull off.

With due respect, I couldn't disagree more. I'm not even sure what "smelling feminine" is supposed to mean.
    Yes, thank you. Me neither... does it mean a fruit basket? I can't imagine a woman like Mary Boone (art dealer) trotting about town smelling like a fruit basket. I was wearing Tribute today, and it really works well with my chemistry, just seems apart of me, like a favorite pair of blue jeans, wheras something like Gold is harder for me to pull off.

Scottish men look great in skirts.
    Yes, yes they do... they also look good in a tight sarong.
    Last edited by firehorse; 25th September 2011 at 01:12 AM.

I was thinking the same thing. Really, all of the classic Guerlains and Diors (if you can find vintage formulations) are genderless.
    Your statement is interesting - that classic vintage Guerlains and Diors are genderless.
    Does that not imply that therefore you think other scents do indeed have gender, despite what you later write?

And your citing Luca Turin does not impress me.
    He gave Chrome and Laguna PH one star and ridiculed them - two of my three all time favourite summer scents, that actually keep one fresh no matter how hot it gets.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 25th September 2011 at 03:24 AM.

I'm very "picky" these days. The "gender" of the frag is meaningless to me. I'm more interested in the dominant notes, the naturalness, dynamism, balance, etc. One thing I do find in "women's" frags more than in "men's" is too much density. While it's not necessarily "blob"-like, it generally means very little dynamism; the notes "stay in place" and you can't detect them very well, if at all.

This is the note pyramid for a frag I recently discovered and liked:

"...mandarin orange, litchi, kiwi, black currant and magnolia, followed by iris, cedar, the essence of coffee, rose and angelica aromas. It ends at the base of vanilla, white amber, precious wood and coffee."

The frag is L`Or de Torrente.

Sur la Plage

My apologies, gents, for once again gatecrashing your forum. But then I'm a woman who enjoys a good masculine frag as much as the next chap...
    Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    Amen sister, I'm a straight chick who who is on this side of the board more than the other side, because I enjoy "masculine" fragrances quite a bit, and I have no problem throwing on some yatagan between my double DD's.

You are always welcome on this side of the board!

Basenotes Plus

I'm a straight chick who is on this side of the board more than the other side, because I enjoy "masculine" fragrances quite a bit, and I have no problem throwing on some yatagan between my double DD's.
    Amen sister, indeed fellow straight woman who enjoys Yagatan, or Egoiste between the DD's, as well.
    Interesting that I don't recall this subject (in reverse) ever coming up on the ladies side- it's very entertaining how often it does come up on this side.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by My_pep_pep View Post

I am gay but I am kind of scruffy in appearance, in need of a haircut, wearing plaid shirts and jeans, whatever you want to make of that. But I enjoy making people stop and think, maybe even confusing them....
    I'm straight, but I'm totally there with what you are saying as far as keeping people confused. My best buddy is 13 years younger than me, and when we'd hang out or travel together, I always get a kick out of the idea that people might think we were gay.

My sister (who's a babe) and I used to get super dressed up when we would travel or shop together, and I'm sure people thought we were married.

Like yourself, I don't think it hurts for people to get tangled up in their stereotypical assumptions about people.

I also do a bunch of ornamental horticulture, so I'm used to the idea of loving the smell of flowers. While I may not be at the stage where I'm wearing them out ( I still have too much to learn about men's frags, to be honest ) I've got a sample of Paul Ford's Champaca Absolute that I'll wear by myself in the evening, or before I hit the sack when I want to go to sleep feeling soothed and comfortable.

Which is one thing that florals can be good at, I think.

Don't wear them...I won't wear 'unisex' either.

Personally, I wouldn't wear anything that I perceived was overtly feminine. As it were, my tastes, generally run to the highly masculine I would say. That said, I have come across a few fragrances marketed to women that I liked ex. Hypnotic Poison, L'Etre Aime Femme, Sycomore could be a contender I have a feeling. That said there are fragrances marketed to men, I personally find way to feminine to wear ex. JPG Fleur de Male. In a nutshell, if I perceive it, no way. What a markerter says has little bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by nightcutter View Post
    I recently came across Pozo In White which I adore and wear loads.
    I only get compliments. No one says "why are you wearing a ladies scent".
    I hear you. Being straight, I'm familiar with "In White" and could see myself wearing it. If you check my wardrobe you'll see that I own Pozo "In Black", a female fragrance which men can easily wear.

Hmm I'm not sure... I wear and love Carnal Flower, Mitsouko EDP, and L'Heure Bleue EDP - do those count as female frags?

As im sure other people have said, I wear what I like even if that happens to be a scent marketed to women.

I went perfume sniffing with 2 male friends today. One only likes vintage "feminine" Guerlains and some Caron's. They smell completely "right" on him. He also smells great in powdery florals, something I can't pull off.
    Ooops, I can't remember I was in New York yesterday...

Basenotes Member

Default Female fragrances that really should be men's...

I'm a pretty masculine guy (well I'm not afraid of spiders), but I have found a couple of female fragrances that I'll happily wear.

What female fragrances have you found that you think really should be male - or at least unisex?

Mine are probably fairly obvious given that I'm a noobie:
    - Tom Ford Black Orchid
    - Juliette has a gun Midnight Oud

Look forward to reading your recommendations!!!

Oliver

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Female fragrances that really should be men's...

Dior Homme

All fragrances to anyone.

But to stay on topic:

Black Cashmere
    Midnight Poison
    Sycomore

+1 Black Orchid

Most of them. I wear female-marketed fragrances far more than male-marketed ones. Shalimar, Tabac Blond, En Avion, Cuir de Russie - as long as it is not sweet and simplistic (though I make an exception for violet soliflores like HdP's Violette Blanc), I will wear it.

Black Orchid and Shalimar are 2 that I wear regularly.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dark Rose by C&S
    Green Tea by EA
    Cabotine by Gres
    Silences by Jacomo
    Country Chic by B&BW
    Obsession by Calvin Klein
    Allure EDP by Chanel
    Shalimar by Guerlain
    White Patchouli by Tom Ford
    Candy by Prada
    Pulse by Beyonce (seems like a blatant Bond No.9 Warhol Lexington Avenue ripoff)
    Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal
    Sunwater by Lancaster
    Oscar EDP by Oscar de la Renta
    Pleasures by Estee Lauder
    LouLou by Cacharel
    Intuition by Estee Lauder
    Amber by Prada
    Infusion d'Iris by Prada
    Eau de Givenchy
    Rose Barbare by Guerlain
    Charlie by Revlon
    Light Blue by D&G
    Tommy Girl by Hilfiger
    Love in Black by Creed
    Fendi Donna

Royal Rose Oud by M Micallef

Angel
    L by Lolita Lempicka
    Lolita Lempicka
    Black Orchid
    Chocolovers

+1 on Midnight Oud!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

* Cartier's Kiss Of The Dragon!!!
    * Hermes Eau Des Merveilles!!!

Gary

Chanel Sycomore
    Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Grès Cabochard
    Hermès Kelly Calèche

I wore Black Orchid last night and really couldn't believe it was designed as a woman's fragrance. In order to bring this off, I think a woman would have to wear a long, black, low-cut dress and smoke Chaliapines out of a Chinese carved ivory holder shaped like a snake with ruby eyes.