Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Default Re: What female fragrances do you think a man can wear? (and vice versa).

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Come on Pollux, tell me....and be sure that, indeed, i will lmao.
    "Super locin masculina Ginel" (Super masculine lotion Ginell) A$ 29 (USD 7.5) for 100 ml (3.3 floZ). Yes, call it super masculine, specially after the aldehydic top notes resembling those of Chanel N 5, LMAO.

Default Re: What female fragrances do you think a man can wear? (and vice versa).

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LMAO

And it can only be reattached with Kouros!
    And if Aramis is used for Miracle-Gro on it, it'll grow three heads!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by colormechris View Post
    Love Bal a Versaille...I feel like an 18th century dandy when I wear it. Hmmmm, Shalimar. I don't know about that one. It seems so ultra femme to me. Really turned on recently to Metal by Paco Rabanne.
    BTW, the dandy is a distinctly 19th century phenomenon. In the 17th and 18th centuries, you had beaux, fops, macaronis and incroyables--different species of the same genus! (Boy, that sounds Darwinian...)

Bal a Versailles is a nice animalic scent.

Luca Turin called Habit Rouge and Mouchoir de Monsieur "dandified" scents. Both very smooth and elegant. Mouchoir is very similar to Jicky (marketed to women) and just as unisex. Habit Rouge is a wonderful citrus/leather. The EDP with agarwood is just heavenly!

Derby is a Sous Le Vent made for men. (Sous Le Vent is also unisex.)
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th July 2010 at 05:11 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hi Chris,
    Love your reviews, always make me smile. I will have to try Metal.

For men, I recommend Vivienne Westwood Libertine or Anglomania. Very, very vivacious.
    or..
    Alexander McQueen Summer Kingdom. A fruity flanker of the original Kingdom.

For the ladies, I would love to smell YSL M7. I think it would be so mysterious...
    Last edited by Seanvik; 16th July 2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanvik View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Love your reviews, always make me smile. I will have to try Metal.

For men, I recommend Vivienne Westwood Libertine or Anglomania. Very, very vivacious.
    or..
    Alexander McQueen Summer Kingdom. A fruity flanker of the original Kingdom.

For the ladies, I would love to smell YSL M7. I think it would be so mysterious...
    Seanvik, I agree that Libertine and Anglomania are unisex. Libertine reminds me of Fougere Bengale, and Anglomania has a wonderful rose/tea/leather that men can appreciate. The original Kingdom is a true unisex.
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th July 2010 at 05:23 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Masculines that can be worn by women?

Paco Rabanne's 1 Million is currently a hit among my female students.
    Dior Homme
    Zizanie
    Jaipur
    A*Men
    Le Male
    Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge
    Joop!
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    ... In the 17th and 18th centuries, you had beaux, fops, macaronis and incroyables...
    Off topic: Primrose, can you suggest readings on this? BTW, I did not know Ernst Jnger was considered a model of dandysm...

For me, Cartier's Kiss Of The Dragon, Bvlgari Blv and Omnia, West Side by Bond No.9 and Love In White by Creed!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Masculines that can be worn by women?

Paco Rabanne's 1 Million is currently a hit among my female students.
    Dior Homme
    Zizanie
    Jaipur
    A*Men
    Le Male
    Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge
    Joop!
    etc.

Off topic: Primrose, can you suggest readings on this? BTW, I did not know Ernst Jnger was considered a model of dandysm...
    Pollux, it's hard to say who was a "dandy" and who was not. It's not simply dressing up and tying a cravat in a certain way--it's an attitude toward life in general, and a uniquely European and masculine phenomenon. Coco Chanel was considered a female "Beau Brummell." I would start with a good factual history of menswear and fashion. Most style trendsetters were mavericks in their own way and often eccentrics. Don't believe everything you read out of popular biographies, though, as there are many presumptions on figures of history purporting to be factual. A good, short book is James Laver's "Dandies," now out of print. Laver was a fashion historian.

BTW, in the advertising for Givenchy Play, pop singer Justin Timberlake was called a modern dandy.
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th July 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I think a man can pull off anything he wants - never mind what the label says !
    +1.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    ...I just smelt the rare Must de Cartier Eau Fine at my favourite hole-in-the-wall. Its going to be mine on Monday! ...
    Couldn't wait. Got it today
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Pollux, it's hard to say who was a "dandy" and who was not. It's not simply dressing up and tying a cravat in a certain way--it's an attitude toward life in general, and a uniquely European and masculine phenomenon. Coco Chanel was considered a female "Beau Brummell." I would start with a good factual history of menswear and fashion. Most style trendsetters were mavericks in their own way and often eccentrics. Don't believe everything you read out of popular biographies, though, as there are many presumptions on figures of history purporting to be factual. A good, short book is James Laver's "Dandies," now out of print. Laver was a fashion historian.

BTW, in the advertising for Givenchy Play, pop singer Justin Timberlake was called a modern dandy.
    Thanks Prim! I am realizing what you are mentioning, judging from the blogs I found researching over the Internet. Curious way to know oneself for the better....
    Last edited by Pollux; 16th July 2010 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Thanks Prim! I am realizing what you ar ementioning, judging from the blogs I found researching over the Internet. Curious way to know oneself for the better....
    Pollux, as an academic, you know one must sort the wheat from the chaff. If one cannot be certain of the false versus the factual, the honest writer should state so. So many popular histories out there are not authoritative. That said, the Internet is only one of many sources that cannot be trusted. Even books can lie.

Subsequently, I like to take to heart some of the dandies' joie-de-vivre in their enjoyment of the sensual...foods, clothing, wine, the arts...and perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Couldn't wait. Got it today
    That's the spirit!

Pollux, as an academic, you know one must sort the wheat from the chaff. If one cannot be certain of the false versus the factual, the honest writer should state so. So many popular histories out there are not authoritative. That said, the Internet is only one of many sources that cannot be trusted. Even books can lie.

Subsequently, I like to take to heart some of the dandies' joie-de-vivre in their enjoyment of the sensual...foods, clothing, wine, the arts...and perfume.
    You are right, Internet is not that trustworthy, but I always resort to it when conducting informal desk research. The point being, I came across the fact that many of these blogs on dandyism quote passages by Ernst Jnger, of which I am reading "On Pain". So I had the odd feeling that things were being mixed until you told me that it has to do with an attitude towards life rather than with the way one gets dressed.

Thanks for the reading suggestion!

Had a dear female friend who passed away in 1987 and she was into Magie Noir, which was an odd choice for a teen-age girl. That and Lauren always remind me of her. Will have to get some of both.
    When I wear Bal A Versaille, I feel like a manly milquetoast (if that's conceivable!).

I agree that men and women can wear anything they want - it`s fun to try things that you think you wouldn`t like, you never know what will end being fantastic on your skin.

My list of frags that seems easier to me to be worn by a man

Dior Escale a Portofino
    Dior Midnight Poison
    Dior Hypnotic Poison (if you like almondy vanillas, of course)
    Dior Addict Fraiche
    Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon
    Cartier Must Pour Femme (Especially if you like obsession man)
    Donna Karan Chaos
    Donna Karan Black Cashmere (One of My favorites)
    Donna Karan Signature
    Armani Mania Femme Black Cap (seems like a creamy black cashmere parent)
    Hermes Caleche Edt
    Hermes Hiris
    Hermes Kelly Caleche (Dior Homme + Leather + Vegetal Notes)
    Hermes Eau des Merveilles
    Hermes Elixir des Merveilles
    Guerlain Mitsouko
    Guerlain L`Heure Bleue
    Guerlain Philtre d`Amour
    Caron Nuit de Noel (Gorgeous mossy spice frag)
    Caron Tabac Blond
    Caron Parfum Sacre
    Lancome Cuir de Lancome
    Lancome Magie Noire
    Bvlgari Omnia
    Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline
    Bvlgari Blv Extreme
    Bvlgari Blv II
    Prada Edp
    Prada Infusion d'Iris
    Prada L'Eau Ambree
    Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise
    Ralph Lauren Notorious
    Lalique Perles de Lalique
    Rochas Femme
    Jean Patou 1000
    Alexander McQueen Kingdom

And many others

Fans of Egoiste Pour Homme may like Venezia From Laura Biagiotti. If you can find a bottle, do try it! To my nose it looks like the spicy plummy section of Egoiste but amplified.
    Kenzo Jungle Elephant and Hanae Mori Magical Moon are also great fragrances to be explored by males. The first time i tried magical moon it surprised me because i expected something creamy and girly and got a gourmand dark woody frag

Flower by Kenzo Oriental is also a great option if you like incense frags.
    Kenzo Amour also surprised me, since I went on a light smoky benjoim smell at my skin.
    Nu edp is another one that comes to my mind. I have three bottles of this one, i wear it when I want a metallic incense with spice notes.
    I have been also enjoying Fendi Theorema Donna. It looks very unissex to me, with a delicious creamy tangerine aroma with a light ambery base. It`s the kind of smell that creates an aura surrounding you during all day.
    Stella McCartney is a great option if you want a sour rose frag with a musky light base. A great option for office wear

My thought is this: Ignore the gender the scent is marketed to, and focus instead on whether it speaks to you, intrigues your nose, and seems like a fit with your personality/style. When you get over that "hump" in your mind, it's liberating - another world of fragrance possibilities opens up to you, because you're no longer focused on the marketing, just the scent itself. Which makes sense, no?

The frags mentioned in this thread are great if you're looking for some "safe" starting points, though. Totally agree on Opium and Shalimar, they're practically virile when compared to contemporary ideals of feminine fragrance. (Coincidentally, they're both orientals, a fragrance category that almost always smells unisex to me anyway). Opium's exotic spices, incense and resins don't concern themselves with trivial matters like gender, and though Shalimar is sweeter, it still has that smoky, leathery undertone that can smell intoxicating on male skin - or any skin, for that matter. Sweeter orientals like Hypnotic Poison or more floral ones like Coco are a little dicier if you're of a certain disposition, but I am not, and I've worn both with great results, smelling fabulous and not at all like I'd raided my girlfriend's perfume cabinet. I stay away from bright floral or candy-sweet perfumes generally because they don't appeal to me, not because I don't think I (or any other man) can pull them off. If a man can happily wear Le Mle, Dior Homme, or A*Men, they have no excuse for being too timid to check out the other side of the aisle. Trust your nose. The nose is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I agree that men and women can wear anything they want - it`s fun to try things that you think you wouldn`t like, you never know what will end being fantastic on your skin.

My list of frags that seems easier to me to be worn by a man

Dior Escale a Portofino
    Dior Midnight Poison
    Dior Hypnotic Poison (if you like almondy vanillas, of course)
    Dior Addict Fraiche
    Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon
    Cartier Must Pour Femme (Especially if you like obsession man)
    Donna Karan Chaos
    Donna Karan Black Cashmere (One of My favorites)
    Donna Karan Signature
    Armani Mania Femme Black Cap (seems like a creamy black cashmere parent)
    Hermes Caleche Edt
    Hermes Hiris
    Hermes Kelly Caleche (Dior Homme + Leather + Vegetal Notes)
    Hermes Eau des Merveilles
    Hermes Elixir des Merveilles
    Guerlain Mitsouko
    Guerlain L`Heure Bleue
    Guerlain Philtre d`Amour
    Caron Nuit de Noel (Gorgeous mossy spice frag)
    Caron Tabac Blond
    Caron Parfum Sacre
    Lancome Cuir de Lancome
    Lancome Magie Noire
    Bvlgari Omnia
    Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline
    Bvlgari Blv Extreme
    Bvlgari Blv II
    Prada Edp
    Prada Infusion d'Iris
    Prada L'Eau Ambree
    Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise
    Ralph Lauren Notorious
    Lalique Perles de Lalique
    Rochas Femme
    Jean Patou 1000
    Alexander McQueen Kingdom

And many others
    Great list, Rick. I would also add Chanel's Cuir de Russie.

Any unisex fragrance.

Sur la Plage

There are some people who let marketing dictate their purchases - not their sense of smell. Some won't even sample a fragrance if it is not labeled as men's, or if they are daring - unisex. I guess they are scared of something. But that is their prerogative, and they are free to do whatever they choose to do.

However, I personally don't consider those people to be true fragrance enthusiasts/connoisseurs. You can't be if you don't have an open mind to trying everything.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 17th July 2010 at 11:43 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Some from my current (or past) wardrobe that I'd love to share with my man:

Opium sdp and especially the parfum
    Coco parfum
    Cabochard
    Aromatics Elixir
    Coriandre
    Youth Dew bath oil
    Fleur de Narcisse
    Evelyn Rose - I have this and don't wear it. Actually, all straight roses smell masculine to my nose.
    Halston perfume
    Jour de Fete (Once when I wore this, someone thought they smelled vanilla cigar)
    No 19
    Vol de Nuit edt (I'm gonna make my guy try this one on! )
    Paloma Picasso

...and others that would work:

Azuree
    SMN Vaniglia (Actually, I don't know that this is marketed as femme)
    SMN Garafano (carnation is another flower that registers as masculine to my nose)
    Tabu
    Diorella
    Cristall edp
    any of the Bvlgari tea series
    Euphoria
    Angel

Male perfumes for the gals:

Pleasures for men
    Bvlgari pour homme
    M7
    Guess
    Fierce (I could've sworn a woman wearing this was wearing No 19)
    Arpege homme
    Acqua di Gio (quite femme to my nose)
    Joop!
    Pi
    Last edited by leffleur; 18th July 2010 at 07:56 AM.

hey wait, i'm going to be in trouble if i'm gonna need time to test women fragances at my usual shops!!!

It's going to get crazy if the offer gets bigger. It's hard enough to choose one sex frag!

Good lord just take a look at my wardrobe , I expect more than half could be considered female fragrances ? Carnal Flower , Beyond Love and Fracas just to begin with . Its like Katie P says - " fragrance is genderless " , which is a shame that most UK sales assistants cant seem to grab this maverick idea

Great list, Rick. I would also add Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
    I always forget something when doing lists Primrose. Chanel's Cuir de Russie is gorgeous in fact. I still need to buy me at least a 15ml decant of it. Coco Chanel is another feminine from Chanel that I like to use and suits me well

The only female fragrances I'm not that excited about are those that are too floral and sweet. The other female fragrances that have not been mentioned yet are: Stella EDP and the Beat EDT.

Women can wear any masculine. They often smell better on women.

Pour Monsieur
    Invasion Barbare
    Jubilation XXV
    Lauder for Men
    Balenciaga pour Homme
    Yatagan
    Yohji Homme
    New York (de Nicolai)
    Habit Rouge
    Eau Sauvage
    Heritage
    Derby
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Aramis
    Bois du Portugal
    Or Black
    Parfum d'Habit
    Tuscany per Uomo
    L'Insant pour Homme
    Gucci pour Homme
    Bel Ami
    Ormonde Man
    Jules
    Green Irish Tweed
    Coriolan
    Antaeus
    Third Man
    M7
    Cool Water
    Pour Un Homme
    A*Men
    Rochas Man
    Body Kouros

_
    Last edited by pluran; 18th July 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Women can wear any masculine. They often smell better on women.

Pour Monsieur
    Invasion Barbare
    Jubilation XXV
    Lauder for Men
    Balenciaga pour Homme
    Yatagan
    Yohji Homme
    New York (de Nicolai)
    Habit Rouge
    Eau Sauvage
    Heritage
    Derby
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Aramis
    Bois du Portugal
    Or Black
    Parfum d'Habit
    Tuscany per Uomo
    L'Insant pour Homme
    Gucci pour Homme
    Bel Ami
    Ormonde Man
    Jules
    Green Irish Tweed
    Coriolan
    Antaeus
    Third Man
    M7
    Cool Water
    Pour Un Homme
    A*Men
    Rochas Man
    Body Kouros

_
    Pluran, great list. I would also add Equipage and Terre d'Hermes parfum.

One scent from the feminines that men can wear is Hermes Amazone. No surprise there for the inspiration, which is the equestrienne of the 19th century, gender-bending in her top hat and veil, sporting a tailcoat and a cravat.
    Last edited by Primrose; 18th July 2010 at 05:47 PM.

Default Who wears fragrances that is marked as women?

Some says that fragrances like Shalimar and Attrape Coeur is also good on men and some men writes reviews on women fragrances like they are using the frags and vice-versa but I'm not really convinced that one can wear feminine marked frags. Who of you wear women fragrances? What fragrances fit to men in spite of not being marked as unisex?

Default Re: Who wears fragrances that is marked as women?

Lots of em. You have to attack fragrances with your eyes closed. If you like the scent, then go for it. These are a few that strike my fancy:

Light Blue by D&G
    Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears
    Absynthe by Christian LaCroix
    Lolita Lempicka by LL
    Hypnotic Poison by Dior
    Aqua Fiorentina by Creed
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I enjoy Chanel #5, 19 and 22 and Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely among many other "feminines".

Sur la Plage

I do, but only when I dress in drag.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I wear:
    Kingdom
    Nu edp
    Black Cashmere
    Madame Rochas
    Rochas Femme
    Rochas Absolu
    Rochas Mystere
    Eau des Merveilles
    Elixir des Merveilles
    Kelly Caleche
    Midnight Poison
    Hypnotic Poison
    Vol de Nuit
    Mitsouko
    XS Xtreme Girl
    Magie Noire
    Cuir de Lancome
    Cristalle Edp
    Escale a Portofino
    Must de Cartier
    Le Baiser du Dragon
    Dior Addict Fraiche
    Balmain Ambre Gris
    And many others

Only serious-minded responds. Thank you.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    Only serious-minded responds. Thank you.
    You need to try them for yourself. What is "feminine" to you may not be "feminine" to others. I personally wear fragrances on how they smell, not on how they are marketed/labeled.

There is nothing of the ones I own (and I also own some vintage stuff) that I haven't yet worn to the office. Honestly, nobody has ever commented. Just have the guts if you feel comfortable and like it

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    You need to try them for yourself. What is "feminine" to you may not be "feminine" to others. I personally wear fragrances on how they smell, not on how they are marketed/labeled.
    Yes, I know that. But by asking others gives you a hint of what works and what's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    There is nothing of the ones I own (and I also own some vintage stuff) that I haven't yet worn to the office. Honestly, nobody has ever commented. Just have the guts if you feel comfortable and like it
    Same thing for me. I`ve worn a lot of woman market frags to work and nobody has ever commented that seemed strange...

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I do! Almost exclusively. I'd say 8 out of 10 I use are 'pour femme'!
    Just check out my wardrobe, if one didn't know better, one would
    think it was that of a lady!

Most of Diors lady scents can be used by men;
    Diorella; Dioressence; Diorissimo; Midnight Poison;
    Hypnotic Poison; Miss Dior; Dolce Vita ...

Most of Chanels numbered ones can go too;
    5; 18; 19; 22 ...

Angel by Thierry Mugler is another bestseller amoung males.

Bal Versailles; Mitsouko; Obsession; Black Orchid ...

I could go on and on, it's like our closeted drag queen says;
    'you need to try them for yourself'.

And believe you me, ppl wouldn't be able to tell the difference,
    if a masculine dude wears a frag pour femme it'll come across
    masculine, simple as that!

Go for it!

Sur la Plage

Yes, I know that. But by asking others gives you a hint of what works and what's not.
    Tom Ford Black Orchid

I.

Shalimar
    Cuir de Lancome
    Habanita
    Diorella
    Angel

Just to name a few wearable to men.

I'll give you one note that I perceive as "too feminine" for me per se: Tuberose (unless well woven into the fragrance). I think it might have to do with some scent associations from childhood... I bet I'm traumatised (where's my therapy?)

Thumbs up Re: Who wears fragrances that is marked as women?

Lots of them, like FRACAS, BANDIT, ODALISQUE,MAHARDJAH, HABANITA, MITSOUKO, L'HEURE BLEUE, DANS TES BRAS...
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm currently wearing Alien by Thierry Mugler, L de Lolita Lempicka, Peony Angel by Thierry Mugler, American Girl: Hopes & Dreams by Bath & Body Works

In my regular rotation:
    Prada, Infusion d'Iris
    Piguet, Bandit

Occasional wear:
    Chanel No. 19
    Balenciaga, Le Dix (yesterday's SoTD)
    Houbigant, Apercu
    Carven, Ma Griffe
    Guerlain, L'Heure Bleue
    Guerlain, Shalimar EdC

The ones that I have tried have been Dior Poison Midnight, and Dior Poison Hypnotic (though I found the latter to be a bit cloying)

Currently, unisex is as far as I wonna go.

I tested Encre Noire, the feminine version, (got a wrong sample) and it was so feminine it was almost disgusting.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I do! Almost exclusively. I'd say 8 out of 10 I use are 'pour femme'!
    Just check out my wardrobe, if one didn't know better, one would
    think it was that of a lady!

Most of Diors lady scents can be used by men;
    Diorella; Dioressence; Diorissimo; Midnight Poison;
    Hypnotic Poison; Miss Dior; Dolce Vita ...

Most of Chanels numbered ones can go too;
    5; 18; 19; 22 ...

Angel by Thierry Mugler is another bestseller amoung males.

Bal Versailles; Mitsouko; Obsession; Black Orchid ...

I could go on and on, it's like our closeted drag queen says;
    'you need to try them for yourself'.

And believe you me, ppl wouldn't be able to tell the difference,
    if a masculine dude wears a frag pour femme it'll come across
    masculine, simple as that!

Go for it!
    Closeted!

Tom Ford Black Orchid,
    Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdT
    Poison (ANY)
    Chanel no.5
    Angel

Bleh, pretty much everything has no gender in my book, but those are good ones to get out of the closet

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Closeted!
    AAAhahaha, I didn't know you were that out and proud, honey!

Siifter, please check a thread I started about a small experiment on gender marking for fragrance.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...all-experiment

I personally enjoy Calandre, Cuir de Lancme, Fleur Oriental, Hiris, L'Eau de Ryokuei, Mitsouko, Nu EdP, Scent Intense, Shalimar, and Shalimar Eau Lgre Parfume . Actually, my wife and I share the same wardrobe. She also likes to try the masculine ones.

It does not matter what the bottle says, only that you like it and will wear it.

There are many, many threads on this. The archives have many posts on this subject.

There are many women, as well, who wear "masculines."

In the end, does it matter?

It does not matter what the bottle says, only that you like it and will wear it.

There are many, many threads on this. The archives have many posts on this subject.

There are many women, as well, who wear "masculines."

In the end, does it matter?
    It does matter sometimes when you have friends who are not that into fragrance. Once they find out you wear a womens fragrance, that's all they'll smell, doesn't matter if it's good or bad....but I guess that's irrelevant to this thread.

Count me in. The followings could be conveniently worn, and I like them a lot: Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, Angel, No.5, No.19, Hypnose, several of Guerlain, etc.

The only one I tried is Lauder Private Collection, which I find to be less floral and more wearable than the somewhat similar Grey Flannel.

But it's still a "sometimes" fragrance.

Cuir by Lancome
    Lolita Lempicka (for her)
    Midnight Poison (Thanks Duc)
    Hypnotic Poison
    Tommy Girl
    Metal by Paco Rabanne
    Habanita
    and others--all thanks to Basenotes!!!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Bal a Versailles - Jean Desprez
    Hypnotic Poison - Dior
    Midnight Poison - Dior
    Chanel's exclusive line
    Cabochard - Gres

Pretty much everything listed in the above posts. I'll go ahead and say now-- it's a good idea to just stop caring about how or whom the fragrance is marketed to. There are so many great fragrances out there that may be marketed towards women or even say woman on the bottle, but who cares right? If you're comfortable with the way it smells on you, then why not??

DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Midnight Poison (Thanks Duc)
    Just spreading the love, you know!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Just spreading the love, you know!
    Just be careful....