Code of Conduct

Thread: Guerlain lament

Default Guerlain lament

Earlier today, when i was pretending to be working (but really checking out Basenotes, of course), my phone rang. My ex tends to phone me when there is a good deal to be made. This time she had stopped by the perfumery. All Guerlains were half price! "Why?", I inquired. "Guerlain is pulling out of Norway!". What the f...?! I am shocked and appalled by the fact that my fellow countrymen and -women have driven this excellent fragrance house out of the country with their lack of discerning taste. This is truly a shame. [smiley=angry.gif]

On the other hand: I bought Vetiver EdT and Habit Rouge EdC, and got a nearly full Habit Rouge Edt tester for free! [smiley=happy.gif]

The SA also gave me some samples. The one of most interest was Givenchy´s new scent. My initial impression was that it is a quality fragrance with basil leaves and ehhh... certainly no mocha I have tasted, but some kind of latte(?) notes. Oh well. I would not buy it, but it certainly is worth sampling. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Default Re: Guerlain lament

ahhh that sucks for you 1/2 price Guerlains
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

The gray market of Guerlain is so huge, pulling out of the country should be a minor hiccup.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

What? WHAT??? How could they? It's...impossible. The end of civilization. If that happened in Sweden I'd blow up the whole country.