Code of Conduct

Default Herrera Aqua = L'eau par Kenzo??

Hi guys!
    I tried Herrera Aqua some weeks ago and I really aprecciated it. Today talking to a friend of mine about fragrances, he said that L'eau par kenzo is very similar to Aqua... Is that true???
    He's not a fragrance maniac, so his opinions aren't so trustable... So, I need my basenotes fellas to help me out!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Default Re: Herrera Aqua = L'eau par Kenzo??

I tried L'eau par Kenzo once, and recalled not liking it--whereas I really like (and own) Herrera Aqua. All by way of answering "No" to your question.

No no no no no no!
    Nothing in common (except that they have a somewhat florally-sweet drydown, the new L'eau Par more than the old one). IMO they are miles apart.

What a pitty... I'll reconsider my idea of buying L'eau... [smiley=sad.gif]

They are really not similar although I might see how one could arrive at that conclusion. The watery/aqua part is kin but the notes that perfuse the water is very different. In the kenzo for example, the grapefruit note mixed with that ozone/water accord is what it is all about, at least in my opinion, but there again, it has been a while since I have sampled either one.

GnuGnuAntiloop

Not similar to my nose either and I do prefer L'Eau par Kenzo over Herrera Aqua...

-T-

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    What a pitty... I'll reconsider my idea of buying L'eau... *[smiley=sad.gif]
    If you see L'eau at a good price you really ought to consider buying it - IMO it's head above shoulders (and a truer "aqua&quot compared to Herrera Aqua. A very pleasant and subtle fragrance that works great in hot and humid weather. And on me it's long lasting too.

I love L'eau Par.. Never tried Herrera Aqua but I might if it seems similar...

What a pitty... I'll reconsider my idea of buying L'eau... *[smiley=sad.gif]
    Just because one person said that, you shouldn't be so easily pursuaded :S
    well as you can see now, more people prefer L'eau Par over Aqua!
    I personally loooooove l'eau par and i think you should give it a go It's really fresh.. I mean reeaaally fresh~

Quote Originally Posted by juni
    [quote author=RCavs link=1123010598/0#3 date=1123035177]What a pitty... I'll reconsider my idea of buying L'eau... *[smiley=sad.gif]
    I personally loooooove l'eau par and i think you should give it a go It's really fresh.. I mean reeaaally fresh~[/quote]

Fresh as CK1? I can't stand CK1 anymore... CK1 and 212 smell similar and cheap to me... And I really wanted to like 212...

Can't see the connection meself. HA is kinda sweet whereas the LK is more citrus to my nose anyway!

[quote author=juni link=1123010598/0#8 date=1123229461][quote author=RCavs link=1123010598/0#3 date=1123035177]What a pitty... I'll reconsider my idea of buying L'eau... *[smiley=sad.gif]
    I personally loooooove l'eau par and i think you should give it a go It's really fresh.. I mean reeaaally fresh~[/quote]

Fresh as CK1? I can't stand CK1 anymore... CK1 and 212 smell similar and cheap to *me... And I really wanted to like 212...
    [/quote]

To me.. L'eau Par is more toned down than CK One type of lemon citrus smell. It's actually not as 'bitter' as Ck One citrus note Hence I prefer L'eau Par over CK One~