Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi Uomo!?

WOW I just spotted a 100ml bottle of this on eBay for 11 bucks buy it now!!! I snapped it up instantly and was wondering what it was like? The notes looks like it will resemble Antaeus, Yatagan, Aramis, and the 70's/80's Chypre crowd.

Default Re: Trussardi Uomo!?

OMG; JFC! Create your own expletive!

That is an excellent price for TU - someone either made a colossal mistake or that is an old bottle. Fortunately the bottle is opaque so at least there is no sun damage. Not much of a summer scent really, but you m ight feel comfy with it at night ... and definitely during the fall.

To me it is fairly close to VC&A. When I first got it I thought it was more akin to Quorum though. I wore it last night and it was very much a linear rose scent like VC&A on me, but I recall it having a more complex drydown when I wore it before.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Great pick. Who was it was telling me the babes all drooled for this? Vicomte? Scenthound? I can't remember. But the point was that this scent has some magic to it that we can't even understand. I've got a bottle and sure, it smells nice, in a Jules kind of smooth way. Nothing to be ashamed of, but everyone else around me seems to go gagaa for it. Just like Vicomte.

Old skool. You'll wear it and never look back. Eleven bucks? Pffft.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Who was it was telling me the babes all drooled for this? *Vicomte?
    Not I. The only babes I think I have ever had drooling were probably using pacifiers. [smiley=grin.gif]
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

IRON,

Dude! If you got a LARGE bottle TRUSSARDI UOMO...and there is nothing wrong with the Juice...DUDE...you made a FANTASTIC score! My bottle of TRUSSARDI UOMO is nearly empty! TU is not easy to find and...as a result...is NOT cheap!
    I LOVE TRUSSARDI UOMO! A GREAT FALL fragrance! IMHO, I think it is one of THE best (so called) Old Skool fragrances out there! Let us know what YOU think!

Regards,
    SixCats!

I too am jealous of your score, Mics!
    Haven't tried the Trussardi yet, but it's on my list of groovy old-schoolers to explore... Eleven bucks! Shweeet!
    Enjoy it in good cheer -- and be sure to tell us all about it when it arrives; give us a review!

Nice one, Centurion! Like it, like it...

;-)

- jpb

I have this one and wear it once in a blue moon, and I agree you got a great deal...but this one is one that I just cannot love as much as others do. There is something slightly weird and dischordant (sp) about the notes...someone once described it as leather and plums?

Hey all considering I got such a good deal on it if anyone wants a decant of it, once I get some bottles I'll send some out. Oh and I love leather and plums i.e. Cuiron or Michael. Oh also I have an style bottle of Jazz, which means it's at least like 7 years old that smells perfect, so I'm not overly worried about the juice.

Man, I really love TU! It's a perfect formal/night fragrance!
    Very, very, very rich, which means it's an old school scent for sure!
    Not a hint of sweetness in this one, spicy, a little bit powdery, classy... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It will put hair on your chest. Good find.

It is discontinued,isn't it?Funny thing that in my country ,where new launches are usually delayed and many mainstream colognes are not available, you can find Trussardi Uomo (and its Fresh version) everywhere.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

11 Bucks....We are all green with envy.
    I almost passed out the other day. Went in to TJ Maxx and saw Trussardi Jeans and........Femme. Man I was so let down.
    T U is a fantastic scent. Fall and Winter for sure.
    Enjoy this great scent.
    Gary

Got it today, but didn't get a great testing of it. From what I smelled I really enjoyed though. The dry down was absolutely stunning leather.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Man, I really love TU! It's a perfect formal/night *fragrance!
    Very, very, very rich, which means it's an old school scent for sure!
    Not a hint of sweetness in this one, spicy, a little bit powdery, classy... *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Kudos to you, Sir, for you've hit the nail right on the head! I agree totally, that Trussardi Uomo best reveals its properties at night. It is a very sexy, masculine, scent with enough going on to keep it interesting. I often don it before going to bed, and my wife invariably snuggles up to me more than when I wear other scents to bed.

Jeff

Damn, I just ordered my bottle today for 70 bucks, can't wait to post a report!