Code of Conduct

Default Your favorite lavender.

I'm looking for suggestions on a new lavender scent.

Maybe something with verbena or sage? It would preferably be long lasting.

So, what are some good ones?

Default Re: Your favorite lavender.

[blue]Ren,

The following is a list of excellent lavender-based scents in decreasing order of lavender prominence and duration:[/blue]

[red]*Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours* (Guerlain)
    *Haute Provence* (Patricia de Nicolaï)
    *Arome 3* (D’Orsay)
    *Arome 3 Tradition* (D’Orsay)
    *Lanvin L’Homme*
    *Fleur de Lavande* (L’Occitane)
    *Lavender* (Molinard)[/red]

[blue]Here’s the same list in order of decreasing complexity of the lavender-based accord:[/blue]

[red]*Haute Provence* (Patricia de Nicolaï)
    *Arome 3* (D’Orsay)
    *Arome 3 Tradition* (D’Orsay)
    *Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours* (Guerlain)
    *Lanvin L’Homme*
    *Fleur de Lavande* (L’Occitane)
    *Lavender* (Molinard)[/red]

[blue]I hope this helps a little.

Regards,

scentemental[/blue]

My two favorites are Caron's Pour un Homme and SL's Encens et Lavande.
    Both are very long lasting.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hi Ren. I, too, am a lavender freak! I even have a big plant at work.

If you want a fragrance that captures true lavender essence, Lanvin L'Homme is what you're looking for.

Cheers,

#

Off late, Dior's Eau Noire has been quite good.
    I love Caron's PuH (I'm getting the extrait quite soon - Eat your heart out, those who'd crave it!)
    Lavandula and English Fern by Penhaligon's are supreme lavender-based fragrances.

My two favorites are Caron PuH and L'Occitane Eau de L'Occitane. You might also want to try Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender and Goutal Eau de Lavande

I love the lavender note in Mauboussin pour Homme.

Mic.

My favorite lavender fragrance is Puig's Agua Lavanda. Very fresh, decent lasting, with a hint of limes. Truly a classic and suitable for daily use.

Jeff

Geir. Just ask SixCats! how much he misses it...
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Caron Pour Un Homme. It ties Habit Rouge as my favorite scent and is inching closer to becoming number one!

Caron PuH, of course, as others have said. But, if you really want to knock people out with your love of lavender, try Sung Homme. Just go easy on the trigger...

I do like many that have been mentioned. Another Lanender is Parma's Lavanda Tonica.
    Lanvin L"Homme and Caron's P u Homme are probably the best.
    gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    My favorite lavender fragrance is Puig's Agua Lavanda. Very fresh, decent lasting, with a hint of limes. Truly a classic and suitable for daily use.

Jeff
    Agreed. I find there is a touch of sweetness with Puig-Agua Lavanda, perhaps with the introduction of some other herbs. I'm thinking rosemary was added to the mix. When I wear this one I tend to spray it as I go to bed. Another good thing about this is that it is dirt cheap and and the sprayer (at least on the 1.7 oz) sprays out a copious amount with a wondrous amount of power.

This unlike some of the sprays where I'm not sure if it will ever hit my skin. Sometimes I think they are sprayed so fine and in such an omnidirectional mist that there is actually a particle accelerator which blasts apart the fragrance into quarks, muons, gluons and kourosons and the like.

I digress.

Taylor of London - English Lavender was pretty good, but similar to the lavender in Eau Sauvage...

However my #1 is Caron Pour un Homme. It is really interesting, totally old-school unrelenting lavender and vanilla. Geir would be my modern substitute for this, but nothing is like PuH. some say it is Playdoh-like and I can see where they are coming from.

You might find that straight lavenders lack duration on you and seek something with more of a blend. To be honest, I never found Lanvin L'homme particularly exciting, but you might want to give it a try. I just found it kinda blah, though there was lavender in it. However, it has a lot of adherents here.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

My favs are
    Encens et Lavande by Serge Lutens
    Jicky Guerlain

I do not like Caron which I found too vanilla-sweet and a bit belingual: lavender and vanilla...

And I like to have and wear Eau Noire CD.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Jicky edt. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

-Pour un Homme by Caron.
    -Amber & Lavender by Jo Malone.

And under the shower, I really like Origins' "Calm to your Senses" lavender and vanilla body cleanser.

I´m surprised nobody´s mentioned Pino Sylvestre. Although there´s a lot of pine in this fragrance there´s also loads of lavender. It´s one of the most underrated classics ever!!! The staying power is excellent.
    Don´t be put off by the fact that it is an inexpensive fragrance, sold at drugstores aswell as perfumeries.
    Think of it as an added bonus !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Old school: Creed Royal Scottish Lavender
    New school: Eau Noire Dior Homme
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

GnuGnuAntiloop

Surprisingly it's Mauboussin Homme! If only I could get the edp strenght...

-Tero-

My favs are Caron´s Pour un Homme, Goutal´s Eau de Lavande and Jicky, both EdT & EdP. But try Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande if you want something with lavender and sage!

I'm obsessed with Jo Malone Amber and Lavender Cologne.

It has a dry, earthy kind of lavender that is almost patchouly-like. Very natural smelling and very high quality. Has a real "Autumn" feel to it. Its crisp like a fresh haircut.

SL Encens & Lavande
    LV Inglese
    Galimard Offrez-lui

Quote Originally Posted by G.303
    Caron's P u Homme
    "P. u."? Gary, that's the best (clearly unintentional) pun I've heard today!

Pour un Homme de Caron is my favourite also - but the notes can seem discordant, especially the apparent 'clash' between the lavender and vanilla.

I also like the old school Yardley English Lavender, especially the parfum. No clash here its almost a pure lavender. Geo Trumper Lavender Water is also excellent but rather short lived.

Trot

Agua Lavanda (1940)
    Antonio Puig (Puig) This fragrance has a very authentic Lavender or Lavendin scent .It smells very similar to Lavendin essential oil
    Along with the sage and rosemary notes it makes for a very natural fragrance that has great staying power.
    Although I admit it is not a complex fragrance, it is very true to its lavender source.

Alfred Sung!

Their are so many great ones however, i will post this one...

Royal Scottish Lavender (1856)
    Creed

A bit light but never the less, in my view, timeless & outstanding.

Cg
    CG

No one has mentioned that Caron PuH also has the sage note that you were looking for

Creed Royal Scottish Lavender is really excellent, and although it loses strength quite soon it stays for a lon time on a subtle level. Very good for warmer days.

Also very recommendable: Amber Lavender by Santa Maria Novella. This one is warmer than other classic lavenders.