Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many bottles in your collection?

Hi! *This is my very first post here. *I post on a couple of other boards (a Beatles board and a Sinatra board), but I never knew there was one devoted to fragrances! *I'm a person who LOVES a good fragrance (masculine or feminine).

Tonight, just for fun, I posted on both the Beatles and Sinatra board a thread called "Makes scents to me!!". *I listed the fragrances I owned and asked my fellow members to list the ones they owned and/or liked. *I listed 10 that I owned and 2 that I liked but haven't bought yet. *I got a reply from someone who wrote, "Jeez, Dave" and it made me feel just a little bit embarassed that I owned so many bottles of men's cologne and would be willing to buy more.

So I pose the question here: *How many bottles of cologne do you guys own and wear? *Now, I don't want you to count any EMPTY bottles that you're saving because they're "collectible" or because they hold "SCENTimental value" or anything! *I mean, how many do you own that you actually wear on a regular (or irregular) basis. *The ones that are "in rotation", so to speak. *I ask this so I will know if I've gone overboard with my purchasing or if I'm within the "norm".

Currently I own (and WEAR) these eleven:

1. *Drakkar Noir (my all-time favorite, this one brings back LOTS of fond memories!!)
    2. *Zino Davidoff (my #2 all-time fave, my wife LOVES this one!)
    3. *Romance Men
    4. *Bulgari pour Homme
    5. *Mambo (my wife loved this one so much, she bought it for me!)
    6. *Cool Water Deep
    7. *Chrome (my favorite summer fragrance)
    8. *Pi
    9. *Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    10. Unbound for Men
    11. Aspen Cologne (my favorite winter fragrance)

I would like to own (but don't):

Black Code (sexxxy!)
    Echo (clean!)
    Magnetism for Men (unusual, but I dig it!)
    L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme
    Joop! Homme

I used to own, but have since run out of (OR gotten tired of):

Cool Water (another one of my all-time faves, brings back even more fond memories!)
    Boss Bottled (this and Cool Water are the only ones of these I would buy again)
    Eternity for Men
    Obsession for Men
    Escape for Men
    Acqua di Gio
    Preferred Stock

So...do any of you guys own (and wear) more fragrances that eleven? *And feel free to list ones that you used to wear, and ones that are still on your "wish lists"!!

I think I'm gonna like it here...!!
    David and Becca forever!!

Default Re: How many bottles in your collection?

Hey dav-here welcome to the forums
    I'm new here aswell and new to fragrances in general. So far I own:

Pure Cédrat by Azzaro - An ok citrus scent
    Black Code by Giorgio Armani - Love this, just the longativity sux
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana - Not much to say except I like it
    Jaďpur Homme by Boucheron - Good but can smell a little dry on my skin
    Chrome by Azzaro - Love this one
    Platinum Égoďste by Chanel - Love this one too

I like Chrome and Egoiste Platinum best, they're great scents for clubbing.

Theres soooooooo many fragrances I want and want to try so its kinda pointless me listing them :P

i have been collecting for little over a year.i was trying to find my old favorite,halston 1-12,
    when i found it at t.j.maxx for the cheap.hadn't had it for like 10 years,and now i dont like it at all(GAVE TO MY SON).i started buying other colognes from there and also found this board.do you collect deodorants and shower gels as well?i have 10 deodorants and 13 shower gels.the colognes and after shaves that i wear on a regular basis,depending on season are;
    haston 101
    halston z-14
    gucci nobile
    a&f woods
    a&f brier
    perry ellis 360
    kl homme
    habit rouge by guerlain
    vetiver by guerlain(old)
    halston z
    ambre cannelle by creed
    green valley by creed
    santal by floris
    gucci pour homme
    gucci envy
    halston catalyst
    eau de grey flannel
    mambo
    bdp by creed
    incense ultramarine by givency
    pure vetiver by azzaro
    and a whole lot more that either are collecting dust or hid away that i cant stand!
    and i am always looking for more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Around 380 *cough* with 90 or so shower gels around the same in deos and maybe 20 lotions.
    If you click on the pic in my sig you can see most of them in me drobe.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, 380??!! [smiley=shocked.gif] *So I guess me having 11 in rotation isn't so extreme after all!

BTW, I didn't even realize that there was a "virtual wardrobe" feature on this board. *GREAT IDEA!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] *I'm gonna have to play with that in a little bit!

So...can anyone else here top 380 bottles?

I currently have a *modest* 120 bottles or so [smiley=smiley.gif]

....remember, you're among the lunatic fringe here [smiley=wink.gif]

Chic for men - Carolina Herrera (75%)
    Herbissimo Mejorana - Dana (3%)
    Zanzibar - Van Cleefs and arpels (10%)
    Polo Blue - Ralph Laurent (50%)
    L'eau blue - Issey Miyake (50%)
    Givenchy pour homme (40%)
    L'eau du governeur - Comptoir sud pacifique (80%)
    Scuplture - Nikos (30%)
    YSL pour homme (2%)
    Le male summer 2005 - JPGaultier (80%)
    Nostalgia - SMaria Novella (95%)
    Xeryous Rouge - Givenchy (2%)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I currently have a *modest* 120 bottles or so [smiley=smiley.gif]

....remember, you're among the lunatic fringe here [smiley=wink.gif]
    Lunatic fringe? I'm bald didn't you know!

[smiley=grin.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say around 200, with probably 300 samples. It's a balanced collection of designers and niche, with the most expensive stuff being Clive Christian and the least being... gosh, that's a good idea for a thread -favorite least expensive fragrance- because I have to stop and think about it. Probably Alfred Sung Homme, which my college roomie called "stud".
    The Bark Bites Back.

I managed to count most of the stuff I got with the assistance from 2 persons last month. I have 2300+ bottles of perfume, stocked in three fridges and 3 3-door wardrobes.
    I have stuff which was discontinued 15 years ago but is perfectly preserved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    I managed to count most of the stuff I got with the assistance from 2 persons last month. I have 2300+ bottles of perfume, stocked in three fridges and 3 3-door wardrobes.
    2300 bottles??!! [smiley=shocked.gif]

Folks, I think we have a winner!! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thats why I love it here!

Someone else always make me feel [smiley=thumbsup.gif]normal!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually this is hard to take and hard to believe for me. How old are you? Do you own a company/ shop which deals with perfume or is it all private collected stuff?? Are you male or female? Do you mean Finland with Vinland?
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

You could have bought a Castle instead, or do you already have one?! [smiley=wink.gif] I have about 13 at the moment.

That's 13 edt's not Castles [smiley=grin.gif]

[blue]Killer Vavoom,

I'd be interested to know how many different individual perfumes/colognes the 2,300 represents, and what are some of the gems you obviously have in storage. Thanks.

scentmental[/blue]

I have no idea how many I have. I know that I don't have 2300. I would quess between 200 and 300.
    Then there is my 25 year old Son....He has around 100 himself. He has many Creeds in his collection... I only have 4 Creeds.
    Before I forget...Welcome to basenotes.
    Gary

About 200 bottles, half of them with matching deo, after shave and shower gel...........

Mic.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, Dave!

At last count I was pushing 70. I think I'm down to somewhere in the 65-70 range now.

Whenever I feel I have too many, I really appreciate one of these threads--I see everyone else's collection and feel good about myself again.

You're definitely among fanatics here!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

About 30 bottles, then maybe a dozen of minis and decants. By BNotes standards, I'm a piker!

Please see my wardrobe link below.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    [blue]Killer Vavoom,

I'd be interested to know how many different individual perfumes/colognes the 2,300 represents, and what are some of the gems you obviously have in storage. Thanks.

scentmental[/blue]
    There was no way to take a precise inventory of the individaul frag names - I take it you meant excluding the stock-ups on same frag. Well, It's like I have at present 5 L'Heuer Bleue 2.5 (regular shape) in EdP, 3 of same shape and size but in EdT stength, and 5 refills in 1.7 size and EdP strenghth (just an example).
    I guess, if I had to boil down the list to names excluding how many bottles I actually have of the same juice, I'd say 1200 unique names. Out of which, 500 names will be pertaining to oriental scents you've never heard of.

Cheers

ps. I HAVE to empty a 3.1 oz EdT of Mitsouko on me today. I have 8 testers of it in that size and concentration. I love the EdP way much more. I also have the long discontinued PdT of Mitsouko.

[blue]Approx. 200 different fragrances. See link below.[/blue]

About 40 full bottles and another 20 or so samples and decants.

[quote author=scentemental link=1123411974/15#15 date=1123445440][blue]Killer Vavoom,

scentmental[/blue]
    . . . 500 names will be pertaining to oriental scents you've never heard of.[/quote]

If Scentemental hasn't heard of them, they probably aren't worth the storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    [blue]Killer Vavoom,

I'd be interested to know .... some of the gems you obviously have in storage. Thanks.

scentmental[/blue]
    Forgot to answer you on this.. Well, I'm guessing you wouldn't want to have or wear Uninhibited by Cher, or Chaos by DKNY... Maybe the original Gucci Pour Homme.. Derby by Guerlain etc..
    If interested, I can send you decants.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I currently own roughly 100 scents (slightly less). Of those 100, about 30 of them are in my swap list in a box in my closet and I won't wear them. About 40 of them are in my regular rotation of year round monthly use. The rest are in my extended rotation of scents that I wear sometimes, but not regularly. My job has me living out of my suitcase 4-5 days a week, so it is difficult to bring a different scent for each day of the week. I have gotten in the habit on only bringing one scent each week, so the scents that I don't really love don't end up coming with me (who wants to wear a non-favorite for a week straight).

About 50 bottles in the regular rotation but that could easily turn into 70 or more by this time next year. Welcome to basenotes ....you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into my friend [smiley=cool.gif] smellitnow

Probably between 100-120, excluding stock ups of the same fragrance. I do stock up because I dont want to have to resort to new formulations, if I prefer the old.

18 according to the wardrobe. I want to add some very badly, and others I want to get rid of also.

Post Thanks / Like

17 according to my wardrobe, with 8 of them being Creeds. I am currently trying to increase my collection by having atleast ONE fragrance from every house: next up on my list of purchases are Grabazzi, Terre D' Hermes, Fahrenheit and Allure ! (the hermes, Dior and Chanel purchases will be my firsts for these houses! )

Post Thanks / Like

guess somewhere between 200 and 300....just starting :-p

Post Thanks / Like

In my "active" collection, about 35. I have sold quite a few lately. There are about a dozen more on my swap list that I'm not currently using.

In my heart, I'd love to take it down to about 15-20 total. I'm in one of those moods where I want to simplify. I'll keep paring it down. Keep an eye on my sale list!

Post Thanks / Like

My wardrobe (link below) says 40, and there are a couple that are not yet in the 'robe because they are not yet in the directory (e.g. Givenchy Very Irresistible Summer). I am actually happy with the size of my collection, and now just want to improve it by weeding out/using up some of the more generic scents that I no longer reach for as often (if at all). Reading these boards for years has definitely had its impact - those lightweight scents (e.g. Victoria's Secret, CK, etc.) aren't nearly as appealing as they used to be. Not when wearing one of them means I am NOT wearing something as byootiful as Geir, which I've become obsessed with lately.

Crikey - looking at my post of almost a year ago - I've probably doubled my collection since then.

Post Thanks / Like

I will hardly go below fifty and hardly reach 100 ever. I have no big aims by basenotes standards. The wardrobe counts just below 70, but that includes 15 I may dismiss for good. Some fragrances I will just let phase out, but I always have a wish list between five and ten scents. That will hardly change, I imagine. More important: I really love 90% of my frags, from Antonio Puig to Yves SL, and I know why I do not want to own some top favorites !
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

dav-here,

Click on the link under my signature to discover the answer to your question.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at 70 happily, and don't wish to go more unless something really striking hits me...

Post Thanks / Like

My current selection is about a dozen bottles and around 20 or so samples.

Most of my bottles are 50ml, with a few 100s and other sizes, and I tear through them at a frightening rate (yes I'm a 20-spray sillage maniac!), so am continually replacing, or buying different ones.

I use my stuff too quickly to accumulate it.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermčs | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Came here looking for info on just one, six months later I now have 25 bottles,some decants and samples.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have 19 says my wardrobe. I keep it updated so I'll go with that number. I'll not be able to stay so low for long. There are new bottles to be purchased...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    dav-here,

Click on the link under my signature to discover the answer to your question.
    Thanks for the invitation! Much do I know now: I get my own wardrobe instead!
    BN error
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Over 100 bottles, not counting samplers and minis.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right now I have only:

Bvlgari PH
    Polo
    Very Sexy for Him
    Burberry

As soon as I get out of grad school and get a better paying job my collection will grow quickly, though.