Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance-Free Day??

jus wondering...when was the last time you guys went a day without a fragrance...and what in the world would cause you fragrance connosuiers to go a day without a scent?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrance-Free Day??

I don't wear fragrances when I'm going places I know I'll be out sniffing new fragrances. Enevitably I always find something to spray on me & wear for the rest of the day.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I think the last time I didn't wear fragrance was when I was in a big rush to get out the door and I forgot.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

This subject is too disturbing to even think about.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I don't wear fragrances when I'm going places I know I'll be out sniffing new fragrances. *Enevitably I always find something to spray on me & wear for the rest of the day.
    Ditto on that.

I also don't wear anything when I go to a sitdown wine tasting, since the nose plays such an important role in that function. Its also being considerate of my fellow oenophiles. Free wine tastings, well that is a different story. For those, I'm more likely wear something light like Gendarme if I've planned attending.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    This subject is too disturbing to even think about.
    [smiley=lolk.gif]
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Baaaa. Who cares?

pdiddy49, didn't you go by a few other user names on this board?
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

The only times I can think of that I've gone without would be when I wake up late for class, roll out of bed, brush my hair twice, and run out the door fast as can be. Ahh, college. This happens pretty often, but usually I'll spritze something on after I come back from class. Sometimes, I'll forget, and go fragranceless for a day. *sniff*

~Silk

I've been smoke free for a few years now!

I must say two kind of poeple do not wear scents

A "nose" parfumeur for obvious reasons not peppermint in their toothpaste etc... no mouth wash
    And wine taster

Personnly I think it is goud from time to time to give that poor nose a rest I seem to appreciate my scent even more a few days after.

Or before choosing a new fragrance I believe it is a good idea to be neutral for a few days before.

lauret
    Invisible Power

Any time I have a stomach bug. I still have an association with Odeur 53 and "driving the porcelain bus". After 5 years I still can't wear O53. Since then I am careful to avoid scents when sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    Any time I have a stomach bug. *I still have an association with Odeur 53 and "driving the porcelain bus". *After 5 years I still can't wear O53. *Since then I am careful to avoid scents when sick.
    Great post Chuck! In those 200ml bottles they sure give us enough O53 to get us driving the porcelain bus. (I know that's not what you really meant.)

It happens I didn't wear anything on my recent vacation in the woods, but I was happy to have Fragonard's Vetyver and Creed's Cypres-Musc along for when there were big family get-togethers in town. The days going without scent made me happy to wear something special and evocative later.

It is so easy to choose to have a fragrance free day. I wish it were as easy to have a clothing-free day.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Mine would be the day before I got a gift set of Hai Karate from my cousin in the late 1960's!

Quote Originally Posted by pdiddy49
    and what in the world would cause you fragrance connosuiers to go a day without a scent?
    Death only!

Mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    [quote author=pdiddy49 link=1123260412/0#0 date=1123260412]and what in the world would cause you fragrance connosuiers to go a day without a scent?
    Death only!

Mic.
    [/quote]

Even then it would be in my will to douse me. Probably with BdP ... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

When I was down with flu [smiley=grin.gif]
    But I'm going fragrance-free this morning since I might be making a trip to a fragrance store.

I don't wear fragrances when I'm going places I know I'll be out sniffing new fragrances. Enevitably I always find something to spray on me & wear for the rest of the day.
    Same here.

Also, I've stashed a bottle or two in my office, so if I do happen to run out the door without a scent, I can apply something when I get to work. Right now Swiss Army is my primary "office back-up" scent.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Once in a while I do forget to spray before leaving for university or my part time job and instant panic sets in.
    In those cases I hit the closest fragrance shop either during lunch or when I can that day.
    I really feel naked scentless, drives me nuts. Kind of like Grenouille in Das Parfum.

MMM [smiley=shocked.gif]

Yep.

Neiman Marcus is starting to get sick of me

And occasionally I will forget, like if it's really early or if I'm in a rush.

I just got back from a week long hiking trip in the Southern Appalachians and while out in the woods I wore no scents. I don't know how the fragrances would work with my own aroma after a few days in the heat, climbing mountains, with no way to shower, plus insects can be attracted to scents and I get bit enough while out backpacking anyway. So no fragrances for me while hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by kilted
    I just got back from a week long hiking trip in the Southern Appalachians and while out in the woods I wore no scents. I don't know how the fragrances would work with my own aroma after a few days in the heat, climbing mountains, with no way to shower, plus insects can be attracted to scents and I get bit enough while out backpacking anyway. So no fragrances for me while hiking.

I thought I imagined it, but whenever I use Roma Uomo I get attacked with bugs! It's really annoying to have all kinds of bugs swarming around you...

It's not unusual. Couple times a month I go without all day.
    And sometimes in the summer (like now), when I'm stuck here in Modesto for the day and I know I'm going out and going to be doing this, that, and the other -- I'll leave off the spritzes until after my late-afternoon-and-everythings-done-now shower.
    When it's 108F there isn't too much point to wearing anything. Except maybe sunscreen!