Code of Conduct

Default cologne not lasting

It seems that no cologne is lasting more than 2-3 hours for me. Ive tried many including A-men, Dunhill, Eternity, PI, B-Men, Rocabar

could it be that my skin is too dry?

Default Re: cologne not lasting

Yes, dry skin might be an issue. Try apply a non-scented lotion as a 'carrier' for your fragrances and see if you can make your colonge to 'stick' around.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I agree. I have a friend with very dry skin, and cologne disappears immediately on him.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by access
    It seems that no cologne is lasting more than 2-3 hours for me. Ive tried many including A-men, Dunhill, Eternity, PI, B-Men, Rocabar

could it be that my skin is too dry?
    If A*Men only lasts 2-3 hours on you, I'd definitely think your skin is drier than normal. Non-scented lotions or body oils applied right after a shower / bath will help, since they will help lock in moisture to your skin. Moisture will help the cologne from evaporating as quickly. That or switch to scented perfume oils without any alcohol, which acts to lift the scent as it evaporates from your skin.

Try Clinique M Lotion or Post-shave healer. Both unscented.

Clinique M-Lotion is indeed great!

This may sound dumb, but if you wear your scent on your chest (and thus have your shirt absorb some of the scent), the laundry detergent you use may be having an effect too. I swear that if I wash my white undershirts in a simple detergent like Woolite (I'm very racist when it comes to my laudry: I segregate my blacks, whites and colours into different loads [smiley=cheesy.gif]) I get better longevity from my scents.
    Also, if you can, avoid showering with strong soaps, esp. the antibacterial ones. They will strip away more of your skin's natural oils and leave your pores wide open. [smiley=bath.gif] (Isn't that just the coolest smiley around? [smiley=grin.gif])

Cheers,
    Gavin

Gentlemen, where are you applying the stuff?

I think 'areas of application' may be the way to approach this problem. A*Men, unless you're a manequin, lasts for centuries.

If one is only applying the fragrances to wrists, neck, and other exposed areas, then there's your reason for its brevity. I suggest applying your fragrance an hour before you're going out the door and also recommend applying fragrance to chest, legs, and where ever else you are so inclined.

With A*Men, as an example, just a little bit with last a long time. But remember when you apply a frag to an area that will not be covered up by clothing then the frag will surely only last a few hours.

Also, finally, an inexpensive, unscented body moisturizer will add longevity without really changing the notes of the frag you intend on wearing. After showering, apply moisturizer accordingly to the areas to be enhanced with scent, then apply fragrance. Voila!

*These are suggestions only. Any attempt to read them as Noble winning theories are very muched discouraged.

Have a great weekend!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.