Code of Conduct

Default Opium EdT vs. EdP

Is there much of a difference between these? I think I read somewhere that the EdP doesn't have as much anise and pepper? If anyone has tried both, opinions would be welcome [smiley=grin.gif]

Gavin

Default Re: Opium EdT vs. EdP

I own both are there is a big difference. In the EDP (which I prefer) there is added raisin and veeeery dark chocolate (at least that's how I smell it).

The EDT can easily be "too much", actually a litte harsh, but the EDP is much more warm and mellow.

Mic.

The edp has amber added to it that the edt doesn't have. The edt has more of the contrast between fresh notes and the oriental counter part. Where the edp lacks that and is very dense spicy and sweet.

I have both. The edp on me is Dr. Pepper & rootbeer meet vanilla cookies. Way to sweet and heady. The edt has more separation of the notes and offers a distinct spicy aroma without being overly sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    I own both are there is a big difference. In the EDP (which I prefer) there is added raisin and veeeery dark chocolate (at least that's how I smell it).

The EDT can easily be "too much", actually a litte harsh, but the EDP is much more warm and mellow.

Mic.
    The EDP also smells to me like Mic describes it. Also, it's VERY powerful, just one shot to the chest and maybe another to the neck, and you're all set for a while.
    I use the EDP whenever i feel like "treating" myself to luxury.

The EDT, to me, is more suitable to everyday wear.

But, what can i say, i love both of 'em!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I went shopping for Opium just last week and asked myself the same question. I'm not an expert but I found to EDT to be more 'fresh' and the EDP more 'sweet & sexy'. I went for the EDP.

'Dense, spicy and sweet', as scentimus says, is exactly right.

Well, well, well. Maybe I'll wind up getting both [smiley=grin.gif]
    Might start out with the EdP [smiley=wink.gif]

Gavin

I sent you a PM. Let me know your answer, I might have something for ya.

I own both, and yes, there is a discernable difference between them, which has been nicely described.

Whichever you choose, go easy on the trigger! A little goes a very long way. The application can make a huge difference on this one. A few wipes here and there with a roll on is wonderful; several sprays will instantly turn you in to the "cologne guy."

I decanted both of my bottles in to roll-on vials so I can avoid over-application. Did the same thing with Amouage's Silver. Now they are wearable with the right dosage.