Code of Conduct

Thread: Year 1975

Default Year 1975

Births 1975:
    Drew Barrymore, Enrique Iglesias, Milla Joyovich, Tiger Woods, Angelina Jolie
    Deaths 1975:
    A. Onnassis, D. Shostakovich, P.P.Pasolini, Franco (por fin, ya era hora)

Default Re: Year 1975

I'm a little confused about Brut 33 being a 1975 fragrance.

I thought that the regular Brut was the one in the glass bottle and that Brut 33 was the one in the plastic green bottle with the long neck and silver cap. I wore the one in the plastic bottle at as my signature scent for 2 of my college years in 1973 and 1974. I just can't remember if that plastic bottle had the number 33 on it or not.

Births 1975:
    Me!

What a great year!!! [smiley=cool.gif]

Brut 33 was the one in the plastic bottle. It contained one third of Brut Cologne... and I reckon it was issued first in 1975. I won't vote as a lot of these fragrances are unknown/untested to me, but if I did it would be Brut 33, with Captain a close second.

Brut 33 . I remember my brother used it and I, when nobody see me, take the green bottle for put me on the skin!!!.

I definitely had the plastic bottle in 1973 and 1974. So if in fact it was Brut 33 and not the regular Brut, 33 couldn't have come out in 1975. But I don't think I remember seeing 33 on the plastic bottle.

Here's something else that I just saw: some of the current plastic bottles in drug stores now say "Original Formula". I saw this both on the cologne and the all over splash. Anyone know if the "original formula" is the original Brut 33 and the other stuff is something more current or is it the classic Brut while the regular is Brut 33?

I was also born in the great year of 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    I definitely had the plastic bottle in 1973 and 1974. So if in fact it was Brut 33 and not the regular Brut, 33 couldn't have come out in 1975. But I don't think I remember seeing 33 on the plastic bottle.

Here's something else that I just saw: some of the current plastic bottles in drug stores now say "Original Formula". I saw this both on the cologne and the all over splash. Anyone know if the "original formula" is the original Brut 33 and the other stuff is something more current or is it the classic Brut while the regular is Brut 33?
    Numerous websites are listing 1975 as the birth year for Brut 33, not least the Basenotes database. If you don't remember seeing the 33 on the bottle it might have been regular Brut then. The funny thing is, in my memory, the 33 and the plastic bottle should go together.

Original formula sounds like the real thing to me as it is a general moniker meaning exactly that... The other, current 'regular' Brut might be a 33 alias or some other variation. Helen of Troy holds the answer if we have to go by the following excerpt

http://www.donschumacherracing.com/ValuSoft.htm

"Helen of Troy acquired the brand in 2003, and Brut is now managed and distributed by Idelle Labs, Ltd., based in El Paso, Texas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Helen of Troy. Idelle is a personal care product company, established to manage and distribute high-profile brand names including: Sea Breeze®, Vitalis®, Vitapointe® Brut®, Ammens®, Skinmilk®, Time Block®, Final Net® and Condition 3-in-1®. "

They acquired the brand from Lever.