Code of Conduct

Default Creed Neroli Sauvage: Should I buy it?

Hi,

should I? Should i not?

I am undecided. Any input is warmly appreciated :-)

(I like its "bitterness" a lot. But is the scent too fleeting? Does it stay for more than an hour??!!)

Thanx,
    m

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed Neroli Sauvage: Should I buy it?

I love it! It lasts longer than one hour, but I recommend using a Roll On for refreshing every two hours.
    You won't need much and the scent is always recognizable.

But be prepared for some members here going completely crazy when it comes to Neroli Sauvage.

I only say [red]DONATELLA VERSACE[/red] [smiley=beer.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Definitely long lasting for Creed, almost up there with Himalaya for me. If you like it I'd say yes. Definitely. I feel lucky to have gotten a bottle of the gray market before it vanished. Usually don't wear it in the heat but I almost went ahead today. Decided to wait a day or two for the cool down instead. Not too many seem to have it which is nice. I'm probably the only one in downtown Columbus that does.

MJH

I love it, but it's a very unpredictable scent: perfect on a cool, breezy day, but acrid and acid the very next day when there's a little more humidity in the air. My bottle was a gift, so I sort of think of the scent itself as
    capricious and unexpected.

The juice is highly tempermental. The batches are inconsistent much like SMW so, I tried to buy 3 different bottles of it and they were all bad due to the crop sensitive nature regarding extraction. If you cn ever find a good bottle, nothing can beat it, not even my GIT! But until I find a good bottle, my GIT will champion.

thank you!
    i wondered if my senses cheated me, coz i also noted the "unpredictability" that you observed :-]
    the sample i got on monday smells a bit differently than the one i tried yesterday. this is STRANGE!

i will try OV before i decide :-)

thanx again for your precious input, folks!

m

I would definitely suggest checking out OV first. It is more versatile. Neroli Sauvage is great to have but a bit more off-beat and OV is still available on the internet for will under $100.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Neroli Sauvage, loved it. Tried it again, still liked it. Bought it... after some weeks - couldn't stand it any more. I've never had any other fragrance which I fell from love to hate so fast. Maybe I'll fall in love again, who knows?
    But NS really has some kind of unpredictability. Perhaps you should spend some more time with your sample before you purchase it.

I second OV completely - an awesome scent.
    [smiley=smiley.gif]

Yes, this is a must own!!! It pretty 'moody' as far as fragrance goes. One day I will be in heaven while wearing it, and the next I will wonder what smells like battery acid and orange peels.

The good days far outweigh the bad days.

i am very unsure by now.... the vial i had of it from some days ago smells much more like Neroli should smell. The new vial i got yesterday seems to be A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SCENT!!!!! (crazy!!)
    -> gone bad?
    -> different weather?
    -> ??!!

whereas OV seems to have some more consistency in it. it smells the same every time i pull out the vial i got.

as much as i LOVE the first vial of NS, maybe it is safer to go with OV.... (sigh!)

m

... or even wait for OS ????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:- }

m

If you want neroli, I highly recommend Neroli by Czech & Speake - pure class & not for children.
    Let your nose be your pilot

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good friend who sprtitzes a bit of NS over BdP to take down the bite. Its very unusual but nice. One of his signature layering thingies.

Neroli Sauvage is one of my favorite scents of all time. Some time ago, somebody referred to it as a "dirty citrus", and the characterization is spot-on. I prefer it in hotter weather, when its "dirtiness" really takes front chair. It's a bit different, though I wouldn't say odd. In terms of lasting power, its one of the few fragrances I can recall getting a compliment on 5 hours after spraying. Like many fragrances, I think its one that lasts longer than my nose can detect.

If you like it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I bought my bottle from Perfumebay a few years ago, and its still going strong.

Cheers,
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I think its very close to Erolfa. If yo take the most noticeably marine elements out of that one and replace them with this great, dry, a tad bitter orange blossom note = NS.
    Lovely scent. Probably my next Creed purchase together wit OS (if I like it as much as I expect to).

MMM

C&S Neroli is unavailable where i live and i dont wanna order samples...

another thing that came to mind is, that NS is in some ways similar to GIT. at least the top notes.

m

this scent is crazy!!!

a few hours ago i managed to get another sample vial of it. i applied it to my wrist, and voila: the smell was exactly like the first vial i got some weeks days ago, which started my love for NS!

I ask myself: How can the different sample vials (out of the same bottle) gathered over two or three weeks differ actually differ this much??!! Does anyone have a reasonalble answer to this?? The NS i like: pure blossoms. The NS i dislike: A lot like GIT.

m

Mine has never smelled like GIT. Since these are vials maybe the sample was mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by scenthound
    Mine has never smelled like GIT. Since these are vials maybe the sample was mixed up.
    that was my first thought, too.
    i double-checked it, and it really WAS NS...

my conclusion: NS must be the most "weather-dependent" scent i ever witnessed :-)

i will be buying a bottle tomorrow anyway, as i love it sooo much (when it smells like it should ;-)

m