Code of Conduct

Default Essenza di Zegna

I visited my local fragrance outlet last week and got what i thought was a a spray of "Z Zegna" on the tester card. However, by reading the description of Essenza di Zegna on basenotes:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120579.html

And realising that its probably likely that this store dosen't sell Z Zegna yet because it's only just been released this year, i think that it's likely the girl at the counter gave me a spray of Essenza di Zegna instead. She's probably never heard of Z Zegna and just thought i was a bit confused. Anyhow, if it was Essenza di Zegna i liked it.

Anyone else here use it? [smiley=cool.gif]

Default Re: Essenza di Zegna

I have Z, and is one of my favorites releases in this year, Z shares some similar notes with that Aqua d gio but Zegna knows how to make it better, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] awesome, fresh, sexy, young and very masculine fragance with great longevity on the skin that make the girls take note about your smell... really its a very nice fragance

and of course, Essenza its great too... i have in my mind to buy it the new summer fragance Acua d`state essenza that is a fruity and fresh version of the original ... [smiley=happy.gif]

I have all 3 and still like the original the best. I didn't like Z Zegna at all after buying it blind. Smell very "familiar to others" to me and has that "cologne" smell. Doesn't smell ANYTHING like the original.

The summer "fresh" version of Essenza di Zegna I've had for over a month now. I do like it but it smells almost identical to the original. Maybe a bit fresher, but with that, it lasts a bit shorter ... on me anyway.

Sample them but my advice would be to stay with the original. I hope you like nutmeg though because thats the predominate note I smell.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I have all 3 and still like the original the best. *I didn't like Z Zegna at all after buying it blind. *Smell very "familiar to others" to me and has that "cologne" smell. *Doesn't smell ANYTHING like the original.

The summer "fresh" version of Essenza di Zegna I've had for over a month now. *I do like it but it smells almost identical to the original. *Maybe a bit fresher, but with that, it lasts a bit shorter ... on me anyway.

Sample them but my advice would be to stay with the original. *I hope you like nutmeg though because thats the predominate note I smell.
    I thought the concensus on the original was not so good. I'm surprised Essenza di Zegna isn't far more popular assuming that's what i tried.....need to find out. [smiley=smiley.gif]

I have the *original* 1992 scent by Zegna, called simply "Zegna." It smells nothing like the newer Zegna scents--very strong, masculine scent with what I think might be tobacco and leather base notes.

I also have Essenza di Zegna (2003), which is quite good. Several people at my office like it as well. The best description I can give is that it's a sharp and woody Acqua di Gio. This is something I'd recommend to a man who likes "fresh" scents like AdG, L'Eau d'Issey, etc. but who wants something a tad more unique and a tiny bit more masculine.

Hmmm..I may have just talked myself out of swapping it...!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I tried the new Z several times and I hate it. It´s got that all too typical modern `synthetic stink´ to it. It gives me an instant headache, just like Egoiste Platinum or Eternity for Men. As for the other Zegna´s I can´t help you because I haven´t tried them.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Can´t stand the two latest ones at all. I think they´re absolutely vile, especially Essenza which is super sharp, sour and a complete mess IMHO. Z is just a crappy fruity/aquatic launch together with the rest. Both have neat bottles though...
    MMM

I`m agree with david in terms of synthetic smell of Z by Zegna. Very unnatural thing - even compared with washing powders like Ariel etc.
    Essenza di Zegna is woody-vetiver-spicy cologne. I like it a lot.
    Zegna is quite good. But I wear it not so often. Dated a bit.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Greetings,

This is my first post.

I have both Zegna fragrances and I quite like the new Z fragrance. It lasts much longer than the Essenza di Zegna and is more distinct.

Both fragrances are winners IMHO.

Regards,

B

I'm a little more sure it was the Essenza di Zegna i tried, and if so i want to get some. I agree with moon_fish. MMM what do you think of your Allure Homme Sport?

I have not smelled the Z, but I own Essenza. I would describe it as fresh with a spicy undertone. If you saw the bottle that she sprayed from, that might help too. The Essenza bottle is oval <===> and the lid matches the base (a matte gray color). There is also a special edition that has a wood looking base and lid. The juice is yellow in color.

The new Z is a more wearable Issey Miyake. It is vein to have ripped off another scent like that. I defame all things Zegna and declair a defunct house.

Ryydman,
    I received it as gift from a girl-friend who works for Chanel and I don´t think I would have bought it for full price. It is however nice, gets a lot of wear and people seem to really like it. They also removed some cloying note that bothered me in the original.

MMM

The summer version ( Acqua D' Estate ) is very close to the original Essenza Di Zegna , but slightly less sour,so it is even better.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

i agree ! *i bought it yesterday.. and i think that is a easier wear version of the original, *and of course that i find some diferences.. acqua d`state has some fruity and nice fresh herbal notes.. that make it more versatile and younger...,

[smiley=grin.gif]

Thanks boys, very informative thread [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'll see if i check out that summer version, unlikely any of the shops nearly stock it mind you!