Code of Conduct

Default Sampled Amouage Gold

Thanks to Vicomte de K who sent me a sample of Amouage Gold and three other great scents.

I definetly smell the baby powder in Gold, but there is also a deep richness about the scent that I have not experienced before. A great hit with me.
    The result of my sampling being that I managed to track down a supplier in Australia and have purchased both Amouage Gold and Silver. Both will be arriving tomorrow.

I am yet to try Silver so if anyone can let me know what I am in for?

I am also interested in the likes of Dia and Ciel so if anyone can give me some insight into these it would be great.

Thanks

Default Re: Sampled Amouage Gold

I felt gold was way too over the top and old school. I am starting to feel that silver, although I love it, is an over-glorified stetson in some aspects. Anyone agree?

The first time I sampled Gold - I could only smell baby powder - but I still bought it; after using it afew more times - it now smells like something totally different. Very happy I got it.

As for silver - very good, long last - I love this one! I prefer this over gold.

With regards to Ciel and Dia -> I found Ceil to be fresh and light - I think the translation of Ciel is Sky. Dia is nice - but similar to Gold. By similar, I mean not unqiue enough compared to Gold for me to spend $350 Canadian. When I get my next bottle of Amouage - I probably get Ceil.

Snake, if you've never experienced Silver, I have two words for you..."STAND BACK!"

ahahha...a beautiful, incredibly rich brew that is also incredibly potent.

I have finally discovered a way to tame and wear this beast. One spray was too much, and a walkthrough not quite enough....so this weekend I decanted Silver into a roll-on. Now, a touch on each wrist and on my chest is just right.

I suspect that the replies will be as varied as the individuals writing them. I found gold to be loud and vulgar, it reminded me of "Georgio Beverly Hills" from the 80s; and silver to be quite ordinary.
    OTOH, I think that DIA is a superb fragrance, really quite lovely, although I really do not like to be charged for a pink-gold trimmed crystal flacon that I don't want. If they sold DIA in plain glass, I'd buy it by the litre!
    Cordially,

Serge

Is it just me or do you think that Amouage Gold is very similar to Kouros + powder?
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Thanks for the replies so far.

It might be of interest to note that I got the Gold for $250 Australian. Seems a bit cheaper than what is usually advertised.

I am now quite interested in Dia, can anybody give their own opinions on this and any other Amouage?

Thanks in advance.

The only amouage of the men's line that I've sniffed (I'm a woman) is the Gold, and I found it very very good. It's very sexy and manly despite the floral elements. But more than just simply "sexy" or "good", I felt that this fragrance, to me, emenated....POWER. And I don't mean that the fragrance is simply strong, although it is. I mean that, when I take a whiff, I imagine Amouage gold on a somewhat taller man in a well tailored suit with the eyes of a predator. Now THAT's sexy.

Moving from that, I simply adore the women's Gold and Dia. I honestly believe the Gold is the best scent I've ever smelled, and I'm definitely getting my hands on it as a birthday present to myself. It means skimping on shopping for, oh, about 5 or 6 months afterwards, but it's worth it. Amouage gold is so rich, complex, and unabashedly sensual. I'd wear it all day every day if I could...and if I could afford it! Dia is growing on me. It's really just a tamed down version of Gold, with the addition of rose as it's central accord. I thought less of it to begin with because it's less powerful than Gold, but slowly I realize with reluctance that the powerful depth of Gold was often too much to wear. However, I will not buy Dia yet because I simply lack the money to buy both!

Anyway, I recommend that you give the Dia for men a spin if you'd like, but I think you'll be more than satisfied with Amouage gold. Fabulous choice!

~Silk and Steel

Hi, I sampled Amouage Gold but it was too floral for my liking, I prefer Dia.

By the way I'm 6'2" and wearing a suit today, my eyes though are not predator like, more hamster like! [smiley=grin.gif]

-Mike

I own Dia and love it.

Amouage says it's a daytime fragrence, but I think it's more than classy enough to wear in the evening.

When I wear it, women seem to stand closer to me, and I usually get compliments.