Code of Conduct

Thread: Zino

Default Zino

I just picked this one up at the mall today... after sniffing through about twenty others this is the one I ended up choosing... I really like it, what are your opinions on this one?

Default Re: Zino

I like it very much - very close to Guerlain Héritage. It smells very masculine in an old fashioned - but not dated! - stylish way.

Mic.

Don't get me started. One of the best fragrances ever, period.

There is a B'noter here, though, forget whom, who hates this juice with a purple passion. He decrscribed it as "rotten fruit" or "rotten flowers," or something. LOL; to each his own!

A sublime rendition of masculinity.

Zino is my ne plus ultra. A dreamy, magical, hypnotic fragrance. If I could I would fly through the night and steal every one else's bottle in the world, then steal every bottle off every shelf in every store in the world, then go blow up the Davidoff factory (or whatever), then steal the chemical formula -- then use that memory zapper from Men In Black to erase the brains of anyone who knows how to manufacture it...
    Then I could be the only person in the world who gets to smell like Zino.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Don't get me started. One of the best fragrances ever, period.

There is a B'noter here, though, forget whom, who hates this juice with a purple passion. He decrscribed it as "rotten fruit" or "rotten flowers," or something. LOL; to each his own!
    I believe that would be Rcavs, if i'm not mistaken!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Zino is my ne plus ultra. *A dreamy, magical, hypnotic fragrance. *If I could I would fly through the night and steal every one else's bottle in the world, then steal every bottle off every shelf in every store in the world, then go blow up the Davidoff factory (or whatever), then steal the chemical formula -- then use that memory zapper from Men In Black to erase the brains of anyone who knows how to manufacture it...
    Then I could be the only person in the world who gets to smell like Zino. *
    That would be cool.
    That is hilarious! I enhoyed the read. Ths would be a good thread, "What fragrance would you steal ever bottle, blow of the manufactoring plant, and zap everyone's brains to be the only one to wear your fav scent"! hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Zino is my ne plus ultra. *A dreamy, magical, hypnotic fragrance. *If I could I would fly through the night and steal every one else's bottle in the world
    I only have a 1 ounce bottle, please show me some mercy!! [smiley=cry.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'd lend you my memory zapper, if i can remember where i put it........ [smiley=undecided.gif]

Indeed, a fabulous scent and easily in my top-10, and possibly even top-5. It is deep, complex, and masculine, with just enough muskiness to satisfy my animalic urges. With respect to its complexity and muskiness, it is somewhat like Nino Cerruti Pour Homme, Eau d'Hermes, and Kouros Eau de Sport.

Jeff

I bought Zino blind after reading something about it on Basenotes...
    What's the line in that song? Oh yeah, "I've no regrets..."
    This one is truly unique.
    Enjoy!
    I'm putting my bottle under lock and key and placing a guard on Coleman!

Message to everyone who loves Zino:

Better be quick, it´s been discontinued, (at least within europe), along with Relax and the first Davidoff.
    Another one of those fcuking global nightmares. The company got eaten up by Lancaster group, who immediately decided to drop all the fragrances that aren´t making mega bucks.
    Consequently we are left with the toilet chemical cleaner fragrance known as `Cool Water´ !!!..........

the globalists are the real terrorists of this planet.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

WELL.

Here's another purchase I've been smooth-talked into [smiley=grin.gif]

Fortunately it's both abundant and fairly cheap on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by david
    Message to everyone who loves Zino:

Better be quick, it´s been discontinued, (at least within europe), along with Relax and the first Davidoff.
    Another one of those fcuking global nightmares. The company got eaten up by Lancaster group, who immediately decided to drop all the fragrances that aren´t making mega bucks.
    Consequently we are left with the toilet chemical cleaner fragrance known as `Cool Water´ !!!..........

the globalists are the real terrorists of this planet.

Well I was going to come back here and say something stupid like, All your Zino are belong to us -- when I read the above. What a fricking bummer. That really takes the wind out of my sails.
    [smiley=cry.gif]
    I'm sure they'll then release an Aqua/Sport/Extreme version that'll be instantly digestible to the adolescent palette -- (impending sarcasm alert) -- so it won't be a total loss.

I love it. Only problem is I'd say it set the bar too high for any of his scents that came after it. Woodsy, powder and lasts and lasts. I read here that Davidoff is a cigar maker and this has some ingredient that goes into cigars. Can't remember the name of it though.

OK, for the first time ever, I am adding another post to amplify my prior remarks about this fragrance.

The more I thought about my first post, the more I realized how inadequate and skimpy it was to describe this classic fragrance. My post was the equivilant to saying your kid who was just elected to the Supreme Court "turned out pretty good," or your Lamborghini Diablo is a "nice car."

First I should mention that, from my very first sniff, many years ago, I was instantly hooked. I knew I had found a very special fragrance that would become a staple, and for many years, it has.

I should have said that, out of my 200+ bottles, this one is ALWAYS, ALWAYS in my top 5 and I expect it to always be there.

I should also have said that the sheer beauty of this scent, IMO, places it well beyond the typical "masculine" and "feminine" labels, much like Lutens' Cherugi or Fumerie Turque and a handful of other niche/artinsal scents. Quite an achievement for a bottle that can be bought (for now) on ebay for 30 bucks.

Far from being a ultra-butch, bitch-slap you across the face scent such as he-man concoctions like the original Aramis or Michael Kors, the rose note, to me, raises it to another, gender-free level. In fact, a neighbor/friend, who regularly comes over to sample my new acquistions, literally would not leave my house until I decanted her a small bottle. Her reaction:"This one smells like pure sex."

While some frags open up with a whallop and almost put people off, Zino begs, urges, the smeller to come closer, to explore, to delight in its sheer, unparalled beauty.

I should also have said that this is a completely and utterly an original scent that shares very little with anything out there, even after all of these years.

And finally, I should have said Zino...always Zino!

Every time I write to Zino Davidoff of Geneva I always get the same reply.

No Zino is NOT being discontinued its the crown jewel of the Davidoff fragrance line made in tribute our founder Zino Davidoff.

It is only exclusive to our select stores..... It has been marked I believe since 1985...they told me...blah..blah

I always feel they are giving me lip service. [smiley=kiss.gif]

Just to reiterate, I am certain that production of Zino, Relax and Davidoff has stopped.
    I am assuming in this shitty global world we now live in that the situation in the USA is no different.

Don´t forget to try the other two fragrances, they are also very unique !

Bye, bye.........BUY! BUY! BUY!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I concur. If you check the Davidoff website, there's an option for on-line shopping (incl. fragrances) though their NY (Madison Ave) store. There's almost NOTHING left from the Davidoff, Zino and Relax lines, except for maybe deodorant sticks.
    If Davidoff stores aren't stocking these scents, then who is?
    Looks alot like discontinued lines to me.

Gavin

Ballard, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!

ahahaha....great minds think alike!!