Code of Conduct

Default recc's for young, fresh, care free

i'm near the end of my throw on scent, 212, and i have the itching to get something even easier than it. *everything in my collection is woody oriental, ala Allure, everything! lol. *

now, i'm not looking for an aquatic scent. *for some reason they make me dizzy. *from SMW to ADG and in between, i don't know what it is but it happens everytime. *i tried to wear my sample of Unbound and after 30 min i had to wash it off. *i'm jealous cuz it never happens to me when i smell it on other people lol.

no Fierce or other Abercrombie or Abercrombie cousin scents. *i go to school with practically ALL conservative suburbanite, preppies and i smell it everyday. *scratch Gendarme and Mugler Cologne off too.

. . . so i'll start being a little more positive now -- other than the ones above, i'm open to anything. *it should be fresh, crisp, clean, young, easy, non-synthetic, maybe soapy and maybe even boring by basenote's experts' standard.

only ones that come to my mind are Burberry Weekend, D&G Masculine and Dior Higher, so i'd love your help!

Default Re: recc's for young, fresh, care free

Tommy T, Bellagio and Happy all came to mind, though Tommy is really quite synthetic at first

Geir

I like Tommy Hilfiger T but it is the ne plus ultra of synthetic scents.

Also consider Lucky You
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

How abuot Bulgari's green tea scents?

Here's my take on this:

Calvin Klein Truth
    Estee Lauder Pleasures
    Dunhill Desire Blue
    Cerruti Image
    Claiborne Sport

This was harder than I thought it would be!!!

Clinique Happy. I just bought a bottle today myself. IMO, it kicks the aquatics collective butt.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbbjm

. . . so i'll start being a little more positive now -- other than the ones above, i'm open to anything. it should be fresh, crisp, clean, young, easy, non-synthetic, maybe soapy and maybe even boring by basenote's experts' standard.

only ones that come to my mind are Burberry Weekend, D&G Masculine and Dior Higher, so i'd love your help!
    Gendarme V (or one of the series)
    Burberry Touch
    Clean Men
    Geir
    Versace Jeans Coutoure
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Blog Entries

I cast a vote for CKbe. Great "throw on" fragrance IMHO. Kenneth Cole Reaction is also good, too.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I would really suggest for you trying Eau de Rochas Homme. Its a clean, crisp and refreshing citrus with an elegant touch.

Quote Originally Posted by cookesoul
    Here's my take on this:
    This was harder than I thought it would be!!!
    I KNOW -- we're so busy enjoying all our complex, more unique scents etc, that trying to 'dumb down' our fragrance taste is hard sometimes lol.

everyone seems to like clinique happy; i'm kind of intrigued. i'm not a fan of the women's version, but apparently on makeupalley.com there are many women that wear the men's version. will def check it out

on another random note, anyone know of a scent that smells like irish springs 'icy blast' soap?

I would highly recommend Luciano Soprani Just Free and Guerlain Herba Fresca.
    Other stuff that would work very well:
    Azzaro Chrome
    cK One
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Bvlgari pour Homme EXTREME*

Others you might like:
    Burberry Brit
    Bvlgari Eau de Parfumee Au the Vert
    Eau de Rochas
    Kenzo pour Homme
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Azzaro Visit(this doesn't fit the description of 'fresh')

And not to forget the good old 4711.

CK BE - Very simple, white musk that almost "morphs" into the skin. Extremely clean and wearable.

Seconding Eau de Rochas - Very fresh citrus, but also has some depth and good longevity.

Burberry London - This would fit your description perfectly. Fresh, zesty, a little iced mint. Feels very contemporary without going aquatic, sour or synthetic. Lasts all day as well.

MMM

If youre asking for boring Id go with Gant Adventure. Its definitely not bad, but its very mainstream. Bvulgari aqua is also kind of ordinary aquatic wich is unusual for them. Their both good but ordinary.
    A good aquatic and not so common scent is Rochas Aquaman! Hard to go wrong with Happy but its kind of limited to summer use. Like you I can almost never wear aquatic scents. I like them fine on others but they become boring on me. I smell like a swimming pool with some seaweed in it and wheres the fun in that? A really great semi-aquatic scent is Samourai!! As far as fresh goes this is a winner!!

Good luck!! I look forwars to hearing wich one you end up with.

/ Tobbe

L'eau par Kenzo is awesome
    Agua de Loewe
    aqua Herrera
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

I noticed you scratched Mugler Cologne off your list - you might want to try Creed Original Vetiver intead. It's similiar to Cologne (as has been noted ad nauseum), but longer lasting and deeper, to my nose.

It came to my mind

- Azzaro Chrome
    - Kenzoair
    - Bulgari Aqva (but if you don't like AdG this one has something in common...)
    - Chanel Allure sport
    - D&G Masculine
    - Cartier Declaration

so i tried some today . . .

Burberry Weekend -- a little too Laura Ashley feminine for me.
    CkBe -- i smelled like Gendarme minus the 'Gendarmeness,' but still no
    CkOne -- i remembered why i didn't like it the first time around, so no
    Herrera Aqua -- what? aqua what? it smelled like a sweeter Burberry Touch. i liked, but not what i was looking for
    Allure Sport -- its alright, it feels like it's missing something, like it needs one more note, but it was good. feels weird after wearing the original so much
    D&G Masculine -- cheap lemons
    Clinique Happy -- well, it made me happy then it made me sad. this stuff doesn't last but i like it alot. like Orange Verte's younger, sweeter, sparkling brother

Happy and Allure Sport are in the runnings! i still want to try more

Blog Entries

I've found w/ CKbe that it's not all that good until it gets to the drydown. Then it's just a great casual fragrance. Also, CK1 is a great fragrance for me when I don't really feel like wearing anything. I just splash some of that on. You might try Azzaro Chrome. To me this is like a more masculine version of CK1. Anyways, I hope you find something to your liking
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Clinique Happy -- well, it made me happy then it made me sad. *this stuff doesn't last but i like it alot.
    Using the shower gel helps me in duration, but you are correct, like most citrus scents, duration isn't a strong point.

Azzaro - Chrome
    Chanel - Platinum Egoiste
    D&G PH

LAGUNA!

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    LAGUNA!
    LOL! I second that!

I think Happy is ok but try Givenchy Blue Label PH is better!!! Or Rush!!!

I'm very familiar with the newer fresh scents out there(and a few good old ones). So maybe if you can describe in better detail, I(and the others) will be able to recommend one you would like!

I second the choice for Cerruti Image.

hey

the new Z and Acqua d Estate from ZEGNA are awesome !!

tous man is very great too.. *

highly recomend it !!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

xen -- i don't really have a preferrence except for what i've said in the above posts. i don't want to limit it to a genre bc for example, i like Happy and 212 bc they are both fresh, but ones a floral musk and ones a citrus.

You MUST try out Luciano Soprani and Guerlain Lemon Fresca. You'll probably like the latter alot!

ok so i tried some more --

Jil Sander Sun -- syrupy sweet, musky, nope
    Romance Silver -- eek, i'm afraid i like this, i kind of don't want to, ya know, but i do. i looked it up to see if it had cedar in it but it doesn't yet once it dries down it smells like the lingering scent of cedar on my dirty laundry from when i wear Allure. it so popular but i REALLY want it. i think i might just get it.
    Romance -- smelled like a cheapy, generic Perris Ellis 360
    Givenchy PH Blue Label -- maybe my application was wrong or something but i didn't get any aquatic notes at all. straight dry cedar, not sweetened or anything. i waited and waited cuz the original usually has the hamster effect at first too and then rearranges it self, but it never changed.
    L'Eau par Kenzo -- i liked it, but it's not easy enough. the lemon was so fresh and sparkly, but it has the possiblity of smelling like lemon pledge. most quality scent out of all the ones i tried today.
    Kenzo PH Frais -- something was very sharp in it

GOD, why do i like Romance Silver?! it just feels wrong lol.

oh, and i resprayed Happy again. i must of sprayed a bad bottle. it wasn't terrible but there was hardly any citrus left, all i could smell was the white musk. this scent is so good, and so simple -- MAKE IT STRONGER, CLINIQUE!

Xen mentioned it above, I received it today, and wore it tonight and I do believe it fits what you need-----Bvlgari pour homme Extreme. I have the Romance Silver also that you seemed to like but I belive the Bvlgari Extreme is a little better and seems to be lasting well. Give it a try!!

in the directory i looked up the notes of bulgari pour homme and bulgari ph extreme and they list different notes. anyone care to enlighten me on the differences besides the fact that extreme lasts longer.

Hugo Energise!

Oh yes, this one is much niceness!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I second Creed's Vetiver Original; Also Bond #9 Eau de New York "Inspired by the high-speed, sense-awakening energy of New York, Eau de New York is captivatingly sexy, enticing, racy. The invigorating unisex scent is a blend of citrusy fruits, exotic flowers and fresh greens, with lingering base notes of vetiver, oakmoss and musk". Since both are pricey, try for a decant/sample first. Penhalligan's Blenheim Bouquet is another good one that I think would fit into your category.
    Others:
    Marc Birley
    Nicolai - Balle de Match Eau de Sport
    Costume Nationale - Scent Sheer
    CSP Ecume de Th
    CDG Soda (despite all the thumbs down on this one)

CK Truth
    Clinique Happy

Also worth trying - Very Valentino and Boucheron PH, though both are a little more 'complex'.

You should try Bvlgari BLV and Davidoff Echo!
    The first one is a pretty good classy citric-gingery frag! Non offensive, but rich, give it a try.
    Echo is the sweet Tommy T's brother. I notice the same Aldehydic smell, metallic...
    It's fresh and slightly sweet. Some might say It's boring and bla bla bla, but I LIKE IT.

What about Burberry Week end? Have you tried it?

in the directory i looked up the notes of bulgari pour homme and bulgari ph extreme and they list different notes. *anyone care to enlighten me on the differences besides the fact that extreme lasts longer. *
    I tried Bulgari PH Extreme in a mystery scent challenge.

I already had Bulgari PH at the time so I was familiar with Bulgari PH.

When I tried it the Extreme blindly, I thought it was Bulgari PH, though I did note was a citric note in it. The citric note is subtle. The two are very very very very similar, IMHO.

Quite frankly, that was the only difference. I do not see any reason for me to get the Extreme as the original one serves me well. Conversely, I wouldn't see any need to get the original if I already had the Extreme.

I have no qualms with the duration of the original, or its subtlety. Nor would I with the Extreme.

Get one but not both.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

in the directory i looked up the notes of bulgari pour homme and bulgari ph extreme and they list different notes. anyone care to enlighten me on the differences besides the fact that extreme lasts longer.
    I've tried both several times, and now I own the Extreme version. The only difference I can detect is the addition of grapfruit and green tea notes to the Extreme version.