Code of Conduct

Default boss soul = boss darkblue

i have heard boss soul smells exactly like darkblue...can you comment on that one?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: boss soul = boss darkblue

IMHO they may have some similar notes, but DarkBLue is much more in-your-face, while Soul is subtle.

oh gosh no! Darkblue is very citrus when Soul is very woody sweet amber.

DarkBlue last maybe two hours if your lucky yet Soul last all day.

Soul is diffently for a older man when Darkblue is more for the 18 year old.

Basenotes Plus

I would never consider it a citrus despite a slight such opening. The greens and spices dominate. Soul may be a woody, sweet amber but even the Hugo reps acknowledge it is not as strong as most other Boss fragrances. I wonder what others think.

They are so diferent, really, maybe they share some woody notes, but SOUL smell more spicy and oriental, than D.B... both are great,

i prefer SOUL

I wore Soul today and its still going strong in the sillage department and I got a lot of complements today too.

Funny because I find the other Boss scents start out strong and fade away in about three hours. Soul is the only one that last on me, I agree its very oriental woody sweet scent.

Default Boss Soul = Boss #6

Boss Soul reminds me of Boss #6, especially the top notes. I prefer #6, though.

Dark Blue is an ambery fougere mossy scent. Boss Soul seems like an ambery oriental to me. They smell nothing alike. Both last all day on me.
    Renato

Not the same. The top notes coincide a bit, the lime in Darkblue is stronger. However they end very differently. Soul is a woody/ambery finish while darkblue has a leathery/patchouli finish.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Yvan

Default Re: Boss Soul = Boss #6

Quote Originally Posted by lagloriacubana
    Boss Soul reminds me of Boss #6, especially the top notes. I prefer #6, though.
    Boss Soul smells almost exactly like Boss #6 to me! *Which isn't a bad thing, but why would they make them so similar? *I suppose I might prefer Soul over #6, since Soul seemed to have more of a vanilla-type note when it's dried down, which I prefer over the cardboard note I got on drydown with #6, but Soul was weak on me--I sprayed 2 sprays on, could hardly smell it, so I sprayed 2 more sprays on, and then it was okay but still not super strong. *Maybe the strength of the department store tester was petering out, since the tester was near empty.

hey man, BOSS no.6 (one of my favs.) is easier to wear it and works great for day or night...and has more fruity base than soul wich is more formal and elegant that could be better for night, .. its obvious to identify their notes and diferences of each one, SOUL for me is very oriental and woody, very strong woody notes but in a soft way... no, i think they dont share to much, mm,... but maybe just their vanilla base..

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

dark blue was phased out of my store and other stores in my area after this christmas season. it didn't do well at all here in canada (so the rep said).

boss has been throwing out the launches left and right this year.. boss soul, baldessarini del mar, boss in motion edition, hugo energise. four in one year is a bit much. and to top it, a skin care line.

i am a huge fan of the new boss in motion edition though. wears very nicely on me. didn't enjoy del mar (boring) or boss soul. although, boss soul is selling very very well in my store (doubled its target in the first month).

Boss Soul is a deception for me [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif]

On me, all the Boss fragrances seem to reduce to the same smell, which is a bit like bubblegum.