Code of Conduct

Default male wears female fragrances

Hi! since someone has this topic posted so i thought it will be interesting if all of us could post which female fragrance that us male is using. irregardless of our sexual prefrences.

My Favourite female frangrances:

Alexander Mcqueen - Kingdom
    Theirry Mugler - Garden of the Stars - Violet & Angel
    Prada
    Penhaligon's - Malabar

just some.

Default Re: male wears female fragrances

Yikes. Where to begin? I often wear the following:

Apres L'ondee (my favorite 'woman' scent)
    Theorema
    Tabac Blond
    Poivre
    Pour Un Femme
    Mitsouko
    Kingdom (where is Serpent these days???)
    Habanita
    Chanel No. 19
    Feminitè du Bois
    Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Bois des Îles
    Jicky

Griff
    Griff

I think I have too many to mention yet not enough.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Prada
    Chanel Cuir De Russie
    CSP Amour De Cacao
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Bois des Îles
    Jicky
    Hermes Hiris

..and of course Bandit (in both EdT and EdP)!

I wear every sample I'm given regardless of it being female or male. My current 'female' scent is however Balmain by Pierre Balmain.

Miss Dior (it is on the way; I tried it before and loved it ... duration was an issue with this green-leather scent.)

I have Diorella but don't wear it. There isn't anything wrong with it; it is just that I am in a period where I am getting tired of sweeter fragrances and need dry, soapy, green, herbal, leathery sort of stuff.

I have Bandit EDP on the way.

Eau d'Hermes is sometimes considered feminine, but it seems clear that either sex would be comfortable wearing it.

Nu EDP I had but it was too sharp even for me. I gave it to my fiancee who rapidly drained the container.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I don't discriminate ;-> I wear - and have worn - many "women's" frags, too many to list. Two come to mind: Ma Griffe in the 60's, and Tabac Blond.
    Cordially,

Serge

I've only tried a couple of women's fragrances, but one I own, love and wear often is Donna Karan Black Cashmere.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Black Casmere
    Coco
    Obsession
    Must de Cartier
    Kingdom
    Bandit
    Dolce Vita
    Helmut Lang EdP
    Fleurs de Chocolat
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Well, I did try Bandit once. I guess that counts... but that's it for me, I think. Not my thing, wearing the women's stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Well, I did try Bandit once. *I guess that counts... but that's it for me, I think. *Not my thing, wearing the women's stuff. *Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    Ah Coleman... you have otherwise such an apparent passion for scents. I would love to do a blind smell test with you someday. You know, numbered bottles of both so-called "men" and "women" fragrances. I bet you might surprise yourself. In fact, it just might just open your [s]eyes[/s], er nose!

Griff

Griff

dr_spine

hmmm..... I have a sample of Creed- Spring Flower that i've been using a little....I like it alot....I might actually buy a bottle. other than that, I have not tried any others

Bvlgari Blv
    Bvlgari Omnia
    Eau des Merveilles
    Burberry Brit Red
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    [quote author=Coleman link=1121877054/0#10 date=1121887043]Well, I did try Bandit once. *I guess that counts... but that's it for me, I think. *Not my thing, wearing the women's stuff. *Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    Ah Coleman... you have otherwise such an apparent passion for scents. I would love to do a blind smell test with you someday. You know, numbered bottles of both so-called "men" and "women" fragrances. I bet you might surprise yourself. In fact, it just might just open your [s]eyes[/s], er nose!

Griff

[/quote]

Do it Coleman. Say yes. Be a man, my man, and see what comes along. Think of all the worse things that can happen in life.

Do it do it do it! I can barely wait to read the thread born of this blind scents challenge.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

[quote author=Coleman link=1121877054/0#10 date=1121887043]Well, I did try Bandit once. *I guess that counts... but that's it for me, I think. *Not my thing, wearing the women's stuff. *Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Griff

[/quote]

Griff, I would not presume to debate you! [smiley=wink.gif]
    And needless to say, I've got nothing but love and respect for every one of you beautiful bastards here: gay, straight, yankee, euro, wears the woman's stuff, doesn't wear the woman's stuff, whatEVER!
    So I meant no disrespect to those cats that spritz the perfume.
    (And I'm staying the hell out of that other thread!)

How about JOY, anyone wear that?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Black Cashmere (cannot recommend this enough-must be lived in to be appreciated)
    Jicky PdT
    Shalimar PdT

Samples:
    Douce Amere - Serge Lutens
    Fleurs d"Oranger - Serge Lutens
    Datura Noir - Serge Lutens
    Anne Pliska - Anne Pliska
    Sanguine Muskissime - MPG
    Fraiche Passiflore - MPG
    Secrete Datura - MPG
    Le Dix - Balenciaga
    Duende - J Del Pozo
    Ellenisia - Penhaligon's
    Sacrebleu - Parfums de Nicolai
    Loukhoum - Keiko Mecheri
    Bois d'Iris - The Different Company

On their way:
    (full bottles)
    Habanita - Molinard
    Eau des Merveilles - Hermes
    Coty Wild Musk

(Sample)
    Prada

I sometimes use my wifes Shalimar as a base and then apply more pungent woody fragrances over it in an effort to soften them and get a drydown thats a bit softer and sweeter. Usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Griff, I would not presume to debate you! * [smiley=wink.gif]
    And needless to say, I've got nothing but love and respect for every one of you beautiful bastards here: *gay, straight, yankee, euro, wears the woman's stuff, doesn't wear the woman's stuff, whatEVER!
    So I meant no disrespect to those cats that spritz the perfume. *
    Oh Coleman, no disrespect taken! You're cool dude. I just was saying it would be fun to kinda, you know, "change your mind," so to speak, about man/woman scents that is.

Come to think of it, this could be fun. *I could assemble a selection of scents from my obscenely enormous collection, number them, send them to you. You could wear each one (NOT sniff a mist, you would have to put some on you) and then review each by number here. The collection would be a mix of mens and womens scents.

You game? At the least, it would be a great way of getting more samples. At worst, well, you could turn screamingly, flamingly, outrageously, stonewallingly...

surprised.

Griff

And truth be told, I am a horrible debater. My positions are often completely untenable, my opinions criminally uninformed and my arguments annoyingly circular. *Plus I have an irritating penchant for trying to be "cute." I really should be sent to bed without any supper.

Griff

And truth be told, I am a horrible debater. My positions are often completely untenable, my opinions criminally uninformed and my arguments annoyingly circular.
    Ever thought about getting into politics?

Aaron

THats funny that this post is up right now because i am wearing Fleurissmo by Creed From a sample. I like it but am a little shaky because its extremly girly.
    And this is my first time wearing a womens fragrance out in public and a lot of it...!
    Finding this post just gave me confidence to wear it for the rest of the day and prevents me from spraying a powerful blast of Avignon to make me feel manly agian.

Basenotes always makes me feel at home when iam a little shaky about a fragrance.

[quote author=Coleman link=1121877054/15#15 date=1121888200]
    Griff, I would not presume to debate you! * [smiley=wink.gif]
    And needless to say, I've got nothing but love and respect for every one of you beautiful bastards here: *gay, straight, yankee, euro, wears the woman's stuff, doesn't wear the woman's stuff, whatEVER!
    So I meant no disrespect to those cats that spritz the perfume. *
    Oh Coleman, no disrespect taken! You're cool dude. I just was saying it would be fun to kinda, you know, "change your mind," so to speak, about man/woman scents that is.

Come to think of it, this could be fun. *I could assemble a selection of scents from my obscenely enormous collection, number them, send them to you. You could wear each one (NOT sniff a mist, you would have to put some on you) and then review each by number here. The collection would be a mix of mens and womens scents.

You game? At the least, it would be a great way of getting more samples. At worst, well, you could turn screamingly, flamingly, outrageously, stonewallingly...

surprised.

Griff

And truth be told, I am a horrible debater. My positions are often completely untenable, my opinions criminally uninformed and my arguments annoyingly circular. *Plus I have an irritating penchant for trying to be "cute." I really should be sent to bed without any supper.

[/quote]

Hey man, I'm always up for samples! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    free stuff + me = happy me! [smiley=grin.gif]
    I'm just not very good at reviewing, I know. I mean, I'd be more than happy to give it a try, but I just feel so damn stupid and inarticulate compared to all the artists and word wizards that hang out here and dazzle us with their thoughts and opinions. I feel like I have the vocabulary of Tarzan compared to some of these cats!
    But I'll PM you my address, and whenever you feel like sending me samples, I'll be here, baby!
    And is that Carmen Miranda I've been looking at there? The chick with all the fruit on her head?

Donna Karan:
    -Chaos
    -Black Cashmere

Helmut Lang EDP

YSL Nu, in either EDP or EDT form, can´t remember which...

MMM

Forgot about Helmut Lang EDP - Excellent frag! Sits right next to my Cuiron.

Aaron

Well beeing passionate about scents my two favorite women scent are

PARIS---- YVES SAINT LAURENT
    ILE D'AMOUR----- FRAGONARD

And if I had to wear one it would be ile d'amour

Two great scents feel good scents

Just before I go I used to have a friend (girl) at college we used to wear Antaeus. Nobody would have attacked her and call her names like "lesbo" etc..... but what if a guy would have done the same ????
    It most of the time a society problem.

But in 2005 lets be honnest new scents have no "sex" no more they are marketed for one yes but they all do smell the BLOODY SAME male and female

So make your pick wear what you like for god sake.

laurent
    Invisible Power

(1) JOY - JPatou, IRIS NOBILE - AdParma, and BEYOND PARADISE (f) - Lauder are beautiful, rich and bright florals, I love. Smelling them is wonderful - wearing them a differnet matter though.

(2) I love the smell of rose blossoms no matter if light and sweet or dark and heavy. An Edt based on damascene rose can work very well on a man - try and find out!

(3) I appreciate Guerlain for their Vetiver and L'Instant (h). But their Ladies Perfumes of 1900 - 1935 get me on my knees! Some day soon I shall add Vol de Nuit to the Mitsouko I have had for many, many years. Those holy two I would wear without hesitation for a really special event, like 'Four weddings and a funeral'.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Hiris by Hermes
    Chanel No 19
    Samsara, Jicky, Mitsuoko by Guerlain
    Calandre by Paco Rabanne
    Rive Gauche by YSL
    Alliage by Estee Lauder
    Mystere by Rochas
    Antilope by Weill
    L'eau d'Issey (pour femme)

Just tried on some women's Opium, and after a while it smells quite masculine!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I own and wear Black Cashmere by Donna Karan. And let me tell you, folks are hard pressed to believe this is a fragrance marketed to women! The usual response is along the lines of: "If she relaunched this as a men's scent, it would sell very well."

It took a while for me to begin wearing feminine fragrances.

I began from Serge Lutens range which is multigender - by definition of Serge himself, and L`Artisan.

And now I`m have and wearing
    Helmut Lang
    Mitsouko Guerlain
    Jicky Guerlain
    Chamade Guerlain
    Vol de Nuit Guerlain
    Bandit Piguet
    Jolie Madame Balmain perfume (strongly recommend vintage perfume to all leather fans!!!)
    Cabochard EDT and EDP
    Parfum Sacre, Poivre, Tabac Blonde, Le royal bain de Champagne Caron
    Cuir de Russie Chanel
    Chypre Coty
    Angelique Encens Creed
    1270 Frapin
    Parfum du Therese Frederic Malle
    Une Fleur de Cassie Fr. Malle
    Habanita Molinard
    Tilleul d`Orsay

And from samples
    Alpona, En Evion, Narcisse Noir - Caron
    Aromatix Elixir Clinique
    l`Origan, Emeraude - Coty
    Diorling, Diorissimo, Diorella
    Canoe Dana
    Bal a Versailles Desprez
    Eau Illuminee DelRae
    Doblis and Parfum d`Hermes
    Perfume Norma Kamali
    Antilope Weil
    etc, etc, etc...

As everyone can see - if it smells like leather it does not matter - feminine or masculine...
    I think that Jolie Madame (from 60-s) smells more masculine then Cuiron or John Varvatos (from 21 century) - the leather sounds more ... (dirty? rude? definite? natural?) true virility!

Vetiver The Great!!!

moon fish,
    From the few I can identify on your lists this must pe a wonderful alley to walk along. I shall start by searching for Patou.

If I am allowed to comment on Duxoop and Lazycalm posts: Black Cashmere almost does not count here. A very noble male scent mislabeled. Without Basenotes I would never have found it

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

What I own right now is:
    Jicky Feminité du Bois
    Caron - Nuit de Noël
    Dana - Tabu
    Mitsouko parfum (but I rarely use it. Keeping it for reference.)

But I love a lot of others as well. Next purchase will be L'Heure Bleue parfum de toilette.

Narcus,
    yes, I like almost all my feminine frags... especially cuir etc.
    Have you seen Patou Coctail discussion in Luca Turin blog?
    I gonna seek for Dry coctail of Patou!

Concorde,
    L`Heure Bleue by Guerlain is only feminine perfume I cannot wear.
    Neither vintage nor modern version.
    Aniseed or heliotrop make me sick...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Tabac Blond, of course
    Black Cashmere, swipe it from my wife
    Premier Figuier, supposedly a feminine, but I don't get it
    Bandit, until I gave it to a friend
    Angel, a little touch sometimes because it's fun
    Une Rose, someday
    and I'd wear L'Heure Bleue sometimes if it wasn't one of my wife's favorites

Dear Mike C

My name is Amelie and I have been working for Serge Lutens since 3 years.

I have red all discussions on Serge Lutens fragrances and we all have to thank you for helping us as you do !

Best regards,

Amelie

Cabochard by Gres is another scent that seems 'mis-labled' being very much like Aramis

My only other 'female' fragrance is the unisex Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain

Trot

I really like Jil Sander Woman Pure (the older version in the solid white glass bottle)...