Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain celebrates a new fragrant Instant

FRANCE. Guerlain is celebrating the anniversaries of its L’Instant de Guerlain and L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme fragrances with two new editions.

One year on from the launch of the latter, the company has created a new edp concentration, called L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême (left).

It features a reworked juice, which delivers added sensuality, according to Guerlain. Key ingredients include neroli essence, patchouli, star anise and hibiscus.

L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême is presented in a revamped flacon, with chocolate-coloured lacquer. It is available as a 75ml spray.
    Two years on the from the launch of its feminine scent L’Instant de Guerlain, the company has created a new 15ml perfume version (right), described as “the ultimate luxury item”.

The juice, which is unchanged, is presented in a delicate, brushed gold flacon, created by designer and sculptor Hervé Van Der Straeten.

The bottle is adorned with gold writing, a gold ribbon and Guerlain’s signature double-G seal. A limited-edition, just 1,000 will be available.

The company has also created a refillable “Habit de Fête” spray for its L’Instant de Guerlain women’s fragrance.

Default Re: Guerlain celebrates a new fragrant Instant

Isn`t it too early for anniversaries of this very last original frags???
    They are so young - but needs refreshing marketing already?
    I thought that could be possible after 10-20-50 years...

well, LVMH could have other traditions...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

And to think, I just suggested an EDP version in the L'Instant PH thread two days ago! L'Instant is a great scent that I thought only lacked potency. Now, this will rectify that.

When I get it, the EDT will go on my swaplist.

Nice fragrance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elektriqueblue
    One year on from the launch of the latter, the company has created a new edp concentration, called L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême (left).
    Hmmm... they knew they had to appease the faithfuls who were weaned on Derby, Habit Rouge, Heritage, Jicky etc.

This is wonderful news. A great scent made even better.
    Gary

Is this another case of ‚optimizing‘ a la Shalimar (LTurin)? Presenting repairs as anniversary celebrations is just shameless. I bought l'InstpH two weeks ago and do not feel inspired to celebrate.
    Remember last years Frozen Vetiver ? – Already gone, with no good buye. For what cause?
    I wonder if Guerlain has a Management at all, or are they just puppets on LVMHs strings?
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

One year on from the launch of the latter, the company has created a new edp concentration, called L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême
    I want want want Vetiver Extrême! And I want it now!
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Every time I read about L'Instant de Guerlain pour Femme I feel compelled to point out that the same molecule is found in the cheap deodorant called Breeze Green Tea by Diana De Silva. The two things are one and the same. Just an instant of cynicism.

So, just when did the planned obsolescence computer industry guys get into the fragrance side of things?

Aaron

Thinking about the timing, it seems to me that Guerlain wanted to put out another men's sucess owing to their great past - Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Heritage etc.

But owing to this "inoffensive" crap that has unfortuantely taken over the society in most facets of life, they were being cautious and testing the market with a terrific scent that was toned down for the "modern" audiences of the mid-2000's.

After seeing the success of the original product, they probably figured that loyal traditional Guerlain fragrance wearers could now add this terrific scent in the same potency that we are used to. So now they have the EDT for the "modern" wearers and will have the EDP for the rest of us.

This seems to me a great win-win business decision and I can't wait to add the EDP to my collection. I tink that if the limited edition works, it will become a regular in the Guerlian line.

What is also interesting is that I recently added the stick deodorant and shower gel, and they smell exactly like the product. This is opposite from the current Vetiver and Habit Rouger bath lines, which seem to compliment the fragrance rather than smell exactly like it (I love the Vetiver products but only just recently began to really like the Habit Rouge ones).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    Thinking about the timing, it seems to me that Guerlain wanted to put out another men's sucess owing to their great past - Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Heritage etc.

But owing to this "inoffensive" crap that has unfortuantely taken over the society in most facets of life, they were being cautious and testing the market with a terrific scent that was toned down for the "modern" audiences of the mid-2000's.

After seeing the success of the original product, they probably figured that loyal traditional Guerlain fragrance wearers could now add this terrific scent in the same potency that we are used to. So now they have the EDT for the "modern" wearers and will have the EDP for the rest of us.

This seems to me a great win-win business decision and I can't wait to add the EDP to my collection. I tink that if the limited edition works, it will become a regular in the Guerlian line.

What is also interesting is that I recently added the stick deodorant and shower gel, and they smell exactly like the product. This is opposite from the current Vetiver and Habit Rouger bath lines, which seem to compliment the fragrance rather than smell exactly like it (I love the Vetiver products but only just recently began to really like the Habit Rouge ones).
    Yup Mike, Exactly my point.

yeah. maybe i'll like this one. the notes sound promising...

My taste is my god, and L'Instnant pour moi is liquid splendor.
    So happy to learn that my hope for an extreme version is coming to life soon.

tobydear

Guerlain used to be a family business dedicated to quality elitist products. Due to financial diffculties, they sold 58 per cent of their business to LVMH some years ago. This company's standard are different.

L'Instant pH hasn't sold well, so they've had to change it. That's the whole secret behind it.

Td

Quote Originally Posted by tobydear
    L'Instant pH hasn't sold well, so they've had to change it. That's the whole secret behind it.

Td
    Really? What are the numbers like? Going by basenotes standards, L'Instant seems to be winning over more and more fans, even those who once were against it in the beginning. I, myself was pretty close to securing a bottle just to complete my collection but for the news of the EDP coming out, i'll just wait for that one.

I had contact with Champs-Elysies boutique,they dont have it yet,they have the Derby,125ml size,for 140euros plus 25 euros shipping cost for Europe,i think is very expensive!

Is it just me, or did I read once that L'Instant PH is selling very well in the US?

But still, L'Instant PH in an EDP? That stuff ought to last a while on my skin...

Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by tobydear

Td
    Maybe at your local mall, but here in Europe L'Instant pour Homme entered the top 10 in several countries.[smiley=wink.gif]

Oh, I must have missed this while on holiday. I'm excited to hear they're going to release an extreme version of l'Instant p.h. I hope it will be released soon!