Code of Conduct

Default need help on to choose Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Hi! I am in Singapore & dont have any Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier counter to sample.

so, i have to purchase online.

So will need help on the choice of MPG frags from this great panels.

my current fav frags are:

Feuilles de Tabac - Miller Harris
    Badian / green tea - Loccitane
    Eau de Charlotte/ Duel / Mandragore / Ciur de Sud / Le Nuit de Hadrien - Annick Goutal
    Malabah - Penhaligon's
    CDG2 / CDG2 Man / Ordeur 71 - CDG
    Palais Jamais - Etro
    Un Jardin Sur Nil - Hermes
    Original Vertiver / Silver Mountain Spring / Imperial Milliesime - Creed
    Daim Blond - Serge Lutens.

any one can recommend a great online frag. store which can ship to international / singapore?

thanks

Default Re: need help on to choose Maitre Parfumeur et Gan

You can purchase samples online too. Go to Aedes.com or Lusciouscargo.com. Both charge a small fee for samples of everything they carry.

Eau Des Iles is the only one I've sampled and it was a great blend of coffee spices and wood. Sixcats gave this fragrance a very enthusiastic review in the basenotes directory. luciouscargo.com is where I ordered my sample from.

Can't recommend a store for Singapore but be sure to check out the three from MPG based on your current favorites -

Jardin du Nil - (yes, MPG has this too earlier than Hermes)
    Centaure
    Eau pour Le Juene Homme
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Javafudge, I think you should sample at least a few of them first. Many here swear by MPG and my dissapointment when sampling a large selection for the first time was more than great. Yet to find one MPG that I appreciate, although I haven´t tried Baime yet which Paul G, who´s taste is similar to mine, warmly reccomends.
    There seems to be a house note that runs through many of them, this earthy dark floral soil thing, definitely present in for instance Route de Vetiver and Jardin de Nil that is downright repulsive to me.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Javafudge, I think you should sample at least a few of them first. Many here swear by MPG and my dissapointment when sampling a large selection for the first time was more than great. Yet to find one MPG that I appreciate, although I haven´t tried Baime yet which Paul G, who´s taste is similar to mine, warmly reccomends.
    There seems to be a house note that runs through many of them, this earthy dark floral soil thing, definitely present in for instance Route de Vetiver and Jardin de Nil that is downright repulsive to me.

MMM

BURN HIM!!! Burn the non believer!

The best MPG's:

Ambre Preceiux
    Santal Noble
    IB Gris

Hahaha J! [smiley=evil.gif]

I guess that´s the way I feel when the recurrent Creed-bashing goes on...
    Sorry, just cant get into MPG at all. Santal Noble is nice but prefer Floris Santal, Creed SI and even Gucci Envy to it!

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    [quote author=MonkeyManMatt link=1122533969/0#4 date=1122563125]Javafudge, I think you should sample at least a few of them first. Many here swear by MPG and my dissapointment when sampling a large selection for the first time was more than great. Yet to find one MPG that I appreciate, although I haven´t tried Baime yet which Paul G, who´s taste is similar to mine, warmly reccomends.

MMM

BURN HIM!!! Burn the non believer! [/quote]

LOL!
    I didn't like Route du Vet., Centaure and Fraiche Badiane, but I loved Santal Noble. I'm dying to try Eau des Iles and Secret Melange.

I liked my sample of Baime, but I can see why some don't like it. It has a real green basilnote in it. I loved it.

Santal Noble is one of the finest fragrances ever made, IMHO. Unfortunately, it's not very versatile, at least to me.

Santal Noble was the first MPG scent that really impressed me, and then comes along Eau des Iles and trumps even Santal Noble! I strongly recommend that you sample Eau des Iles.

Jeff

Hi all,

I have to say I have had MIXED feelings with MPG. Of course many here know my love of EAU DES ILES (still one of my SPECIAL favorites!). I have owned a few other MPG's but...after a few wearings, I decided to swap. Mind you...they were all VERY good fragrances but...some were just not right for yours truly. Recently...I acquired DECANTS of two MPG's...ROUTE DU VETIVER and PARFUM D'HABIT.
    WOW! Both these MPG's are MY kind of fragrance! Please note...I HAD tried samples of the aforementioned MPG's well over a year ago and...while I DID NOT dislike them...I was just NOT ready for the EARTHY fragrances. FLASH FOWARD...Oooh baby...I am more than READY for these type of fragrances! I will have to revisit other MPG's as well!

Regards,
    SixCats!