Code of Conduct

Default My Kyoto Arrived!

I finally got my kyoto today and I must say that I am in heaven! It is so intoxicating and breath taking! I melt and tingle when I inhale this! What a wonderful, wonderful fragrance! I will never be without it! It is so relaxing, meditative, and beautiful that it helps me to focus, study, and reflect upon imprtant things as well as to help me relax and settle down for good rest. I could go on and on. I may have to do a better review of this as my last one did it no justice!

Default Re: My Kyoto Arrived!

I almost hated it on first sniff, but I was waaay too hasty in that judgment. Now it is among my favorites, and my opinion changed fast.

Just got mine in the mail on Tuesday and is my SOTD today.

Really good stuff! It's kind of a subdued version of Sequoia with a bit of incense thrown in there.

Now let's see the reactions I get at work ... [smiley=undecided.gif]

First of all: Happy you like it!
    Then to my question: Am I the only one on the board that thinks that the incense series is EXTREMELY overrated, unoriginal, boring and way to close to each other?
    Everyone raves about these almost daily and seems to love them dearly, yet everytime I sample them (and it must be around 20 times by now) they just leave me completely disappointed, angry over the price and longing for my Gucci Rush and Azzaro visit.
    So does ANYONE else agree about my less than lukewarm feelings about this CdG collection?

/mmm

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Then to my question: Am I the only one on the board that thinks that the incense series is EXTREMELY overrated, unoriginal, boring and way to close to each other?
    You are probably not the only one but I disagree with your characterizations completely. Not boring at all, and while there is some similarity with a few of them, Zagorsk, Kyoto, and Avignon smell completely different from each other and everything else too, making them very original. They are not intended to be a conventional "cologne" type fragrance so the appeal is truely niche and for those who want something different these are a godsend for sure.

But this is coming from someone with zero interest in any Gucci or Azzaro fragrance.

[smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]

I got my samples at $2 bucks a piece and feel they are pretty good for an 'incense' theme - esp. Kyoto and Jaisalmer. I can't stand Gucci Rush and Azzaro Visit - too strong for me.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Guess I just have a problem with CdG in general. To me it feels like 80% of their offerings are made in a rush with triple the time dedicated to packaging, gimmicks and appealing design. The only ones Id even consider buying/trading for are Soda, Palisander and Shiso. Although Im yet to try the sweet series.

MMM