Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff (1984)???

I was wondering what you guys thought of Davidoff (1984) - the green stuff [as opposed to Zino (1986)]

I don't recall seeing a thread on Davidoff in the two years that I've been on here. Never tried it. I would imagine it being a dry, green, leathery sort of scent based on the pyramid.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Default Re: Davidoff (1984)???

starts nicely, but dries down too sweet... i only used it once or twice, never touched my bottle afterwards..
    m

A very disparate fragrance. It tries to cover too much territory and there isn't enough in the middle to tie it all together. On me, the top notes were quite medicinal and eucalyptic. The base notes contained some sort of leather/animal note, castoreum maybe, that never really warmed on my skin (staying somewhat foul-smelling, so I don't really know what it should smell like). The middle accord was somewhat floral. Probably some vetiver and patchouli too. I'm sure that if the basenotes warmed properly on me, this scent should have smelt like a heady aromatic fougere, like a green Azzaro, Boss No. 1, Rive Gauche.... (I've tried it twice, from two different bottles)
    I would definately advise trying this before you buy! Whereas scents like Yatagan are "dirty", they work beautifully as they are intact, connected and smooth. This one is both dirty, chaotic and disjointed.
    But it seems to be on the market still, so it may work a lot better for you than it does me!

Gavin

oh my gosh that scent is horrible a real stinker [smiley=shocked.gif]

the first and worst of the Davidoff line I do hope its been discontinued! At least they redeemed themselfs with Zino Davidoff. [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

T'anks guys. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    I was tempted to get this one blind, but will not do so.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]