Code of Conduct

Default Favorite niche fragrance?

i am having trouble finding a new niche (e.g not well know/ from a 'lower' fragrance house) for my collection.
    I have creed bois de portugal thought!

any suggestions fellow basenoters?
    cheers

Default Re: Favorite niche fragrance?

BdP is awesome, it's one of the only Creed's I think are worth their price. For my favorite cheapish nicheish fragrance I would have to go with Molinard's Patchouli. Medium price I would go with L'eau du Gouverneur or Voleur de Roses. High End I would go with BdP or Malle's Musc Ravageur. Niche's aren't really my thing though, since they are quite a few designer scents that are on par in quality with most of the artinsinal houses. Higher end designers that I like are: Caron, Bvlgari, YSL, Guerlain, Hermes, Ungaro, Old Givenchy and Chanel, and Helmut Lang

Quote Originally Posted by ironmics
    Malle's Musc Ravageur
    Right now, that is my favorite. Nothing else I've smelled so far in my olfactory journeys can compare with this one.

Before that, my favorite was MPG Santal Noble, a model for class and style.

Another that isn't in the artisinal category, but is much more affordable and more all purpose for me, is Caron's L'Anarchiste. Its a bit strange for some in the top notes, but after the clove starts to emerge in the middle, its quite intoxicating. You can find it cheap on parfum1.com, along with other sites.

If you provide more details on what you like, dislike, own and have owned, etc., the recommendations will get tighter in their aim.

Anyways, best of luck in finding something you enjoy.

I would have to nominate my two favorite MPGs: Route du Vetiver and Eau de Iles. Fantastic, original, truly deserving of the "artisinal" (as in "art&quot fragrances. They continue to amaze every time.

I would also have to mention practically ANY scent from Diptyque.

I'm not quite sure that I understand what "lower" fragrance house means in your question, has this something to do with pricing?

Although some people don't consider Caron to be niche, I think you need to sample some of their products - Pour un homme, Yatagan & L'Anarchiste.

My favourite artisanal fragrance is No.88 by Czech & Speake (I make no bones about it), it's not for the faint-hearted, once you like it, there's no going back...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Hi,
    I would go for `Vetiver Hombre┤ from Aldolfo Dominguez. I would even go blind on it. You will love it.
    It┤s super masculine, very classy, distinctive and you can wear it day or night, in any situation.
    It┤s probably the most underrated mens perfume of all time.
    The price is great, (approx.40 euros), but it┤s a bugger to get hold of ! Even within europe it┤s really only widely available in Spain.
    Best Wishes,
    David.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Mine is, without a doubt, Passage D'enfer. For me it really is masterpiece and totally different from anything else. Try it

Less than well known and highly underrated: Parfums 06130 CÚdre

While more of a cooler weather item you could wear it lightly as the season veers on out

In fact, I don't like niche fragrances and I don't care about them, but Penhaligons - Blenheim Bouquet is superb!

Santa Maria Novella - Nostalgia - Leather-rubber and petroleum products.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsational
    [quote author=ironmics link=1122334622/0#1 date=1122336924]Malle's Musc Ravageur
    Right now, that is my favorite. Nothing else I've smelled so far in my olfactory journeys can compare with this one.

Before that, my favorite was MPG Santal Noble, a model for class and style.

[/quote]

I'll enthusiastically endorse these ones as well. The Malle is a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny and incredibly strong (2 sprays will do the job nicely). I can't recommend this one strongly enough. Santal Noble is also very nice. Another one that packs a serious wallop and lasts forever and a day.