Code of Conduct

Default Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce Question

I really love this scent very much on the drydown. However, I feel 2 things make this scent really cheap:

1. The top notes which I have to endure to get to the outstanding, seductive part, and

2. The packaging really is cheap and totally degrades my wardrobe. I cannot have it sitting next to my other fragrances because it looks immature???

So, if the top notes where different and the packaging was different, I would love it. Is there any "high quality" scent out there that smells like this?

Default Re: Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce Question

Kiton is somewhat similar and comes in a great bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I really love this scent very much on the drydown. However, I feel 2 things make this scent really cheap:

1. The top notes which I have to endure to get to the outstanding, seductive part, and

2. The packaging really is cheap and totally degrades my wardrobe. I cannot have it sitting next to my other fragrances because it looks immature???

So, if the top notes where different and the packaging was different, I would love it. Is there any "high quality" scent out there that smells like this?
    Wow! Thats unique this is a first for me at Basenotes Forum. A] the scent is cheep. B] Plue it make your other fragrance botttles feel insecure when this one hangs around.

I could careless what a scent package looks like if I like a fragrance. To me I wear the fragrance not the bottle around my neck [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Back to the question at hand... I would suggest you try Hysope by L'Occtaine if you like Fierce.

Hehehe, yes, how shallow of me to regard the decor of bottle. Nonetheless, the cheap cap and screen print of a teen's chest just doesn't do it for me. However, you are right, if the scent is good the forget the bottle. Still, the top notes convey a message of discord but I like the rest of the journey. Perhaps I will just have to tolerate the humble begining. I have yet to tr any L'Octane, is this a good house? I notice the fragrances are reasonably priced. Does this factor reflect the quality?

Let me be totally frank...the A&F Fierce bottle is not only a silly-looking bottle, it's quite possibly the silliest thing I've ever seen, bar none. What--WHAT--were the designers thinking when they decided to put some guy's torso on the bottle? Is there a pair of breasts on A&F women's perfume bottles?

Man, wtf is wrong with A&F?!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    Let me be totally frank...the A&F Fierce bottle is not only a silly-looking bottle, it's quite possibly the silliest thing I've ever seen, bar none. What--WHAT--were the designers thinking when they decided to put some guy's torso on the bottle? Is there a pair of breasts on A&F women's perfume bottles?

Man, wtf is wrong with A&F?!
    Well, thats kinda what I was thinking. I mean, a decent scent in a cheap looking bottle. Hmmnn, not too well though out.

hmm i'm thinking maybe Hysope was discontinued? it's not on the L'Occitane website at least

hmmm, I just took a look at the bottle...ohh my [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif]. I can sympathize with you not wanting this sitting on your dresser, it makes Le Male look downright conservative! "I'm too sexy for my shirt...." [smiley=wink.gif]

*** Man, wtf is wrong with A&F?! ***

A&F sells stereotyped, oversexualized versions of male and female identity to kids who need a prepackaged "style". It is the exclusive refuge of dumb jocks and their Brittany Spears wannabe girlfriends. I think it perfectly represents their company that they have a man's torso on their fragrance.
    Also, they recently settled a lawsuit and had to pay $40 million because of their racist hiring practices.
    See here: http://www.afjustice.com/

OK. Rant completed. Please resume fragrance discussion...
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by sbbbjm
    hmm i'm thinking maybe Hysope was discontinued? it's not on the L'Occitane website at least
    They recently repackaged all their scents and put a bunch on sale. If you go to one of their retail stores you may be able to find it lying around...
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    *** Man, wtf is wrong with A&F?! ***

A&F sells stereotyped, oversexualized versions of male and female identity to kids who need a prepackaged "style". It is the exclusive refuge of dumb jocks and their Brittany Spears wannabe girlfriends. I think it perfectly represents their company that they have a man's torso on their fragrance.
    Also, they recently settled a lawsuit and had to pay $40 million because of their racist hiring practices.
    See here: http://www.afjustice.com/

OK. Rant completed. Please resume fragrance discussion...
    Doc

Thx for that info and link. I plan on giving it to the student assistants in my office.

Blog Entries

I really enjoy A&F's sister store Hollister's Drift cologne. The bottle itself doesn't have any half naked 20 year olds...but the box does [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Have you ever heard of the term of Fierce Abs? I have friends are that are always on the quest for the most ripped midsection to get some fierce ads.

That's why the bottle show the guy's abs and thus the name of the scent.. Fierce.

It may look stupid buy look at who this scent's sales market is....15 to 21...need I say more.. [smiley=undecided.gif]

I am sad to hear that Hysope was discontinued!!!!

I went to L'Occitane today and saw 1.7 oz bottles of Hysope. I've seen it at other locations too so I don't know if its discontinued.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Funny thing happened after I read your post. I went and retried the bottle of Fierce a friend of mine had brought me from the States, which I had initially hated and after trying it again and letting it dry and waiting ten minutes I actually like it now.

IT IS LIKE EDWINA MONSOON IN

ABSOLUTALY FABULOUS TALKING ABOUT THOSE GOLD EAR RINGS

I LIKE THEM IF THEY ARE LACROIX

AND I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT IT IS YOU !!!!!!

you will certainly grow out of it I hope with age

LAURENT
    Invisible Power