Code of Conduct

Default Hello guys, help me choose some new edt's!

Hello guys, i'm looking to buy a couple of male colgones (different in style) and i've decided on one, but i need some help on the others.

Penciled in:
    *212 Carolina Herrera - I had a tester spray a couple of days ago and thought it was a definite thumbs up.

Which one of these to go with it?
    *Azzaro Chrome
    *Azzaro Visit
    *L' eau par Kenzo
    *Aramis Life
    *Bvlgari Aqva

I might buy 3, but no more than three. I'm looking to get two for now and the 212 Carolina Herrera in one of them. Unfortunately i can't get samples of them because i'm trying to avoid the girl who works opposite the Fragrance section at my local House Of Fraser, long story, lol. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Also, whats the verdict on Curve by Liz Claiborne, i can't get this in the UK but i know a site in the USA selling it real cheaply and i've heard it's good, the bonus being very few people in the UK will know it.

Thanks for any input. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Default Re: Hello guys, help me choose some new edt's!

Bvlgari Aqva
    Let your nose be your pilot

In decreasing order of preference, since it appears you like fresh green fragrances

*Azzaro Chrome
    *Bvlgari Aqva
    *L' eau par Kenzo

Nevertheless, never buy without sampling. What works for 99.999% of the population may not work for you.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Bvlgari Aqva
    Azzaro Chrome
    Azzaro Visit
    L'eau par Kenzo

(In decreasing order of preference)

I'm looking for a fresh, crisp smelling edt with some class and some staying power.

I currently own:

D&G Pour Homme (i like this, very classy and distinctive).
    L'eau d'Issey (nice but too many people have this making it less appealing).
    Hugo by Hugo Boss (this is really nice but too popular, every man and his dog have it).
    Gucci Envy (nice, but probably not so great on me).
    Davidoff Cool Water (it's ok, ex gf liked it so i got some).

So nobody likes Aramis Life then, looks like i need to get a whiff of some Bvlgari Aqva [smiley=wink.gif]

Azzaro Visit is a *must* have.

I would go with Bvlgari and Kenzo...... As always ...we here at Basenotes always suggest that you sample if possible. There are times that you will not be able to sample....but the one thing that everyone here will agree on is sampling first if possible.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    Chick magnet huh [smiley=bath.gif]

You guys are right ofcourse, i need to sample Bvlgari, Kenzo & Both Azzuro's and see what works for me. That's the only sensible way.

Nothing wrong with Aramis Life, and it meets your criteria with its minty notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    I agree completely.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    [quote author=Octothorpe link=1122039024/0#6 date=1122041926]Azzaro Visit is a *must* have.
    I agree completely.[/quote]

I fourth the Azzaro Visit (one of my winter faves), and also suggest the Bvlgari Aqva.

Azzaro Chrome is OK, but I don't care much for the rest.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Thanks for the input peeps, i've found a place that i can sample:

Bvlgari Aqva
    Azzaro Chrome
    L'eau par Kenzo

But not, Azzaro Visit...however, i'll find a place, then ofcourse buy them off the internet 'cos it's cheaper [smiley=cheesy.gif]. I'm really looking foreward to seeing what the fuss is about with Visit and Bvlgari Aqva! [smiley=shocked.gif]

I think Azzaro Visit could be great! Or Bvulgari Aqua!

Sorry, Bvlgari Aqva!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by innamoramento
    Sorry, Bvlgari Aqva!!! LOL!!!
    [smiley=lolk.gif]

I might stand alone on this one, but if you want a truly 'crisp' smell, try Be Delicious by DKNY.

Blog Entries

I definitely second the Chrome, & I'm really wanting to sample Visit, myself. Do try to get a bottle of Curve! I love it! It's inexpensive & smells fantastic!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I definitely second the Chrome, & I'm really wanting to sample Visit, myself. *Do try to get a bottle of Curve! *I love it! *It's inexpensive & smells fantastic!
    Yeah i'm gonna do some sampling on monday. I'm gonna try the Curve as i'm very curious about it and it has very good feedback, plus nobody in the UK has ever heard of it so it will be like wearing a rare cologne here. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    [quote author=Octothorpe link=1122039024/0#6 date=1122041926]Azzaro Visit is a *must* have.
    I agree completely.[/quote]

A cold weather staple for me as well. The opening blast is quite the eye opener, mellowing with wonderful cedar in the drydown. Uber strong in the duration department as well. Unfortunately, living in Georgia doesn't give me a lot of the year when I feel like wearing it.

Now that I think about it, I agree with the others about Chrome too. A few years ago (2000?) I went to Sephora and sampled *a ton* of men's fragrances with the help of my GF and a friendly SA. After 30 minutes in the store, I finally settled on...Chrome. It's in the fresh/aquatic category--in the same vein as AdG, Higher, Unbound, etc.-- and it's also fairly popular with a lot of men around here. One great thing about Chrome is that you can find it really cheap.

Hmmm...maybe I should get another bottle...?
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Azzaro Visit is just about my all time favorite, so I highly recommend it. HOWEVER, it is very different from the other fragrances on your list, so definitely try it before you buy. Visit is NOT light, fresh and clean. It's very heavy on the cedar, with nutmeg, pepper and incense.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I LOVE Curve! I have just about all the Claiborne scents (I'm in the UK too) and I like that no one really knows them!

Persoanlly I was very disapointed with Bulgari Aqua, not a fan at all.

I'd go with Visit, Life and or Leau Par. Although the Kenzo is very very weak.

Good luck!

Oh, you can get good deals in the UK at www.dutyfreeperfume.co.uk and www.fragrancedirect.co.uk. DFP is cheaper and free P+P!

Quote Originally Posted by ryydman
    Thanks for the input peeps, i've found a place that i can sample:

Bvlgari Aqva
    Azzaro Chrome
    L'eau par Kenzo

But not, Azzaro Visit...however, i'll find a place, then ofcourse buy them off the internet 'cos it's cheaper [smiley=cheesy.gif]. I'm really looking foreward to seeing what the fuss is about with Visit and Bvlgari Aqva! [smiley=shocked.gif]
    Visit is not on general release in the UK [smiley=undecided.gif]

Azzaro Chrome***

Great contributions everyone, thanks. Yeah Col, i know about thpse good UK frangrance internet sites, they'll save me a good few £. So whats your fav 3 claibourne colognes then Col? If the Kenzo is weak that's a pain, and i'm gonna see what i can do about sampling some Visit.

I'll test out Bvlgari Aqva, Chrome and L'eau par Kenzo on Monday. The Chrome is very cheap even on the high street so if i like it, we're half way there already. [smiley=bath.gif]

Ask someone to go and get sample for you That's the best thing to do. If not, blindly buy Bvgari Aqva!

Great contributions everyone, thanks. Yeah Col, i know about thpse good UK frangrance internet sites, they'll save me a good few £. So whats your fav 3 claibourne colognes then Col? If the Kenzo is weak that's a pain, and i'm gonna see what i can do about sampling some Visit.

I'll test out Bvlgari Aqva, Chrome and L'eau par Kenzo on Monday. The Chrome is very cheap even on the high street so if i like it, we're half way there already. [smiley=bath.gif]
    My fave three Clairbornes are the original discontinued Claiborne for men, the Curve then, erm, Lucky Scent, which although aint offically a Claiborne, its made for "Lucky Jeans?" by Claiborne. Its blooming marvelous!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The best and by far the longest lasting Claiborne scent is Claiborne Sport and I have them all.

I'm glad you guys are out the closet as Claibourne fans [smiley=grin.gif]. Looks like i might join you on that bandwagon [smiley=beer.gif]. We'll start with the Curve' ball. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

How long lasting would you guys say Curve is? I've read it's not got much staying power...

Curve is pretty long lasting on me. Given that it is an EdT, I (used to) get about 6 hours with it.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Blog Entries

I agree about the 6 hours duration.

Yay...you self proclaimed cologne snobs are talking about my Curve [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I agree about the 6 hours duration.

Yay...you self proclaimed cologne snobs are talking about my Curve *[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    Your Curve? Liz...is that you? Any chance of some free samples? [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Blog Entries

[smiley=lolk.gif] I'd love to be Liz...& have a never-ending supply of Curve @ my fingertips.

WOW, I live in the US and department stores are almost giving the Curve away for free! I liked it actually, very sporty and aquatic.

Now for your other two choices. I would go with Visit and Bvlari Aqva (although I would try the Z Zegna first in place of the Bvlgari--better balance of spice and citrus)

212 also has a limited summer edition called 212 on Ice. I like that one much better--citrus and wood prevails with this one.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    WOW, I live in the US and department stores are almost giving the Curve away for free! *I liked it actually, very sporty and aquatic.

Now for your other two choices. *I would go with Visit and Bvlari Aqva (although I would try the Z Zegna first in place of the Bvlgari--better balance of spice and citrus)

212 also has a limited summer edition called 212 on Ice. *I like that one much better--citrus and wood prevails with this one.
    Nice! The store i'm going to has no Z Zegna according to it's website but i'll give the 212 on Ice a whiff...i'm gonna come outta that place smelling!!!! Good i hope, lol[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] Thanks.

Blog Entries

I too was impressed w/ the Z Zegna. Very soapy & clean smelling. Bit too masculine for me in the drydown, though

Well i popped in "the other" cologne shop in town today, and they were out of Bvulgari Aqua & 212 On Ice, but i did sample:

L'eau par Kenzo
    Azzaro Chrome
    Aramis Life...

And i have to say so far the Chrome is reminding me somewhat of Cool Water...anyone else think this? I have to say i was expecting more. Aramis life is oook, but out of the 3 i like the Kenzo most [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Actually i'm gonna bite the bullet, i'm gonna go to the big store where that girl might see me, lol...who cares right?! I'm gonna see if they have any Bvulgari Aqua (must sample this), Azzaro Visit, Z Zegna, 212 On Ice.

Anyone agree that the Kenzo is slightly feminine, but not overly so?

Well i popped in "the other" cologne shop in town today, and they were out of Bvulgari Aqua & 212 On Ice, but i did sample:

L'eau par Kenzo
    Azzaro Chrome
    Aramis Life...

And i have to say so far the Chrome is reminding me somewhat of Cool Water...anyone else think this? I have to say i was expecting more. Aramis life is oook, but out of the 3 i like the Kenzo most [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Actually i'm gonna bite the bullet, i'm gonna go to the big store where that girl might see me, lol...who cares right?! I'm gonna see if they have any Bvulgari Aqua (must sample this), Azzaro Visit, Z Zegna, 212 On Ice.

Anyone agree that the Kenzo is slightly feminine, but not overly so?
    L'eau par Kenzo pH is just a slight variation from the female version, no doubt it would have many characteristics you can consider 'feminine'.

I don't think Chrome has any similarities with Cool Water. It would be similar to ck One and Eau Parfumee Au the Vert from Bvlgari but definitely not Cool Water.

Ok guys i'm back and after all that they had no 212 On Ice or Bvlgari Aqua [smiley=rolleyes.gif].

Buuut i did get a sample of Z Zegna, and that's an interesting scent, again it's on the feminine side and i'd class this as a unisex fragrance.............no? I kinda like it, it reminds me of watermelon...

double post

UPDATE:

The Chrome - seems to be improving with time, a more spicy quality is coming through over the metallic beginning.

The Kenzo - i still like this, it's probably fading a little quicker than the Chrome but i have to admit it has a very pleasent smell indeed.

The Zegna - Definately more masculine notes coming through, i've never smelled anything close to this before, same for the Kenzo, but this is even more unique to me. Thumbs definately up!

The Aramis Life - nice, but not remarkable.

Damn shame i can't sample the Bv Aqua just yet, or the Visit (might buy one of these blind). [smiley=happy.gif]

UPDATE:
    The Chrome - seems to be improving with time, a more spicy quality is coming through over the metallic beginning.

The Kenzo - i still like this, it's probably fading a little quicker than the Chrome but i have to admit it has a very pleasent smell indeed.
    Hello, folks! I'm still looking for a fresh fragrance and I'm curious about Chrome and L'eau par Kenzo!
    Is Chrome's Metallic smell similar in any way to Tommy T or Davidoff's Echo?
    Any fragrance similar to L'eau ?
    I haven't seen these ones to try and I'll have to order Blind... I started a topic a few days ago and decided to buy 212 after all the raving opinions... I tried it and ARGH! I didn't like it... It's not a bad scent, just too common, non appealling... Too expensive for what it delivers...
    So... My search continues!
    If you know any other f ragrance similar to Echo or Tommy T, please suggest me! THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    [quote author=ryydman link=1122039024/30#41 date=1122307394]UPDATE:

Hello, folks! I'm still looking for a fresh fragrance and I'm curious about *Chrome and L'eau par Kenzo!
    Is Chrome's Metallic smell similar in any way to Tommy T *or Davidoff's Echo?
    Any fragrance similar to L'eau ?
    I haven't seen these ones to try and I'll have to order Blind... I started a topic a few days ago and decided to buy 212 after all the raving opinions... I tried it and ARGH! I didn't like it... It's not a bad scent, just too common, non appealling... Too expensive for what it delivers...
    So... My search continues!
    If you know any other f ragrance similar to Echo or Tommy T, please suggest me! THANKS![/quote]

hmmm...i liked the 212. As for Chrome and L' eau par Kenzo they're certainly very different. To me Chrome begins metallic like, then becomes spicy and perhaps a little peppery in time. Kenzo is a different animal all together, it starts very citrusy and sharp but slowly becomes more refined, mellow, subtle but distinctive.

I really wanna sniff some Bvulgari Aqua, that's in the fresh category. As for the Z Zegna, it smells pretty special to me, but i think it's one of those you either love or hate types...might be wrong.

Blog Entries

I agree that Chrome is a lot like CK1. I was actually wearing Chrome last night & an acquaintance asked me if I was wearing CK1. This was about 3 hours after I had applied it.